Observer Sunday

Latest and Greatest Update:

1. HP says he cannot read the Observer article.

2. NinerMike jumps in and says it can be read.

3. HP and then Over says NO it cannot be read.

4. NinerMike acts stupid while arguing with HP and Over40.

5. 49erAlumnus thinks Mike IS stupid.

6. The link is finally fixed ar 5:00 PM.

7. NinerMike for some reason says yes he is a Niner even though no one said he was not.

8. Metro points out one of Mikeā€™s many stupid comments.

9. Closet Fan thinks he and Mike have a lot in common.

10. NinerMike gets very defensive. I just read the entire thread again and I still fail to see where anyone accused him of breaking the link.

11. Metro has busted NinerMIke.

[QUOTE=metro;394602]Real question:

Ninermike, who employs you?

You are in journalism of some sort because nobody would know of all the goofy awards youā€™ve mentioned over the yrs, and you only post in journalistic threads. You may not ā€œworkā€ at the Regional O, but youā€™re a friend.[/QUOTE]

I will get an answer to this when I get an answer to all my Richmond examples.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394599]people actually believed I work at the Observer and was actually breaking links to 49er articles.[/QUOTE]Here is some advice.

Iā€™ve read this thread twice now and youā€™re the only person thatā€™s mentioned anything about you intentionally breaking the link. Youā€™re also the only one thatā€™s mentioned youā€™re not a Niner. You need to quit putting words into the mouths of others. Thatā€™s why everyone thinks youā€™re stupid.

[QUOTE=metro;394608]I will get an answer to this when I get an answer to all my Richmond examples.[/QUOTE]
Yes indeed. It looks like you ran him away. Just like he ran from the other threads he hijacked.

clt yawns at this whole story. clt wants to learn more about hansboroā€™s breakfast omelet selections and if roy went for decaf or regular at the holiday inn express. get over yourselves niner fans.

ALL THAT MATTERS IS UNC-CHAP BBALL!!!

[QUOTE=Chipper;394604]Latest and Greatest Update:

7. NinerMike for some reason says yes he is a Niner even though no one said he was not.

10. NinerMike gets very defensive. I just read the entire thread again and I still fail to see where anyone accused him of breaking the thread.

11. Metro has busted NinerMIke.[/QUOTE]

LOL! I said ā€œI was WORRIED a few people actually believed I work at the Observer and was actually breaking links to 49er articles.ā€ Thanks for summarizing. Iā€™m totally cracking up here. (Please put that in your next summary.) Maybe you can get the Observer to post your summary of this thread online.

[QUOTE=cltniners;394616]clt yawns at this whole story. clt wants to learn more about hansboroā€™s breakfast omelet selections and if roy went for decaf or regular at the holiday inn express. get over yourselves niner fans.

ALL THAT MATTERS IS UNC-CHAP BBALL!!![/QUOTE]

This thread is quite boring but seeing how heated people get when you express contrary opinions about the Observer is absolutely amusing.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394626]I said I was actually breaking links to 49er articles [/QUOTE] No one accused you of doing that. Thatā€™s why I said you put words into peopleā€™s mouths. Youā€™ve done the same thing now in 3 or 4 threadjacks. Are you going to respond to Metroā€™s question or skip out like youā€™ve done in your other threadjacks?

[QUOTE=metro;394608]I will get an answer to this when I get an answer to all my Richmond examples.[/QUOTE]

I am employed by a non-newspaper media company but not in the capacity of a journalist. I also worked at Student Media Marketing (ad sales)while at Charlotte.

By virtue of itā€™s nature the media should expect criticism. I just think that there are too many times that the Observer hits are not necessary. Iā€™ve been critical myself of the Observerā€™s coverage in the past (mostly when I was just out of college and drinking more green kool-aid). I donā€™t believe that the Observer is intentionally withholding coverage of the Niners though. Iā€™m sure there are many papers such as Richmond that give better coverage to their schools than the Observer but on that same note, Iā€™d be very surprised if there are papers that have their Sports Editor and feature writers visit forums of the local university as much as Jim and Mike do.

There are many valid points regarding the Observerā€™s coverage (or lack thereof) but they are becoming lost. It seems as almost all coverage, lack of coverage, misplaced web links, wholesale placement of AP photos from baseball games, etc. are coming under relentless attack. When people complain about anything and everything, the more valid complaints become lost in the crowd.

Feel free to call me biased or tell me that Iā€™m sticking up for my cronies but the demise of newpapers is actually helping my business as advertising dollars shift from one media to the next. I will tell you that I donā€™t mind rocking the boat to make a point and do appreciate a sense of fairness and balance in any discussion.

Iā€™m waiting

[QUOTE=ninermike;394629]seeing how heated people get when you express contrary opinions about the Observer is absolutely amusing.[/QUOTE]Contrary opinions had nothing to do with this. It was all about the link not working and it seemed you were bragging because the link did not work.

[QUOTE=Chipper;394631]No one accused you of doing that. Thatā€™s why I said you put words into peopleā€™s mouths. Youā€™ve done the same thing now in 3 or 4 threadjacks. Are you going to respond to Metroā€™s question or skip out like youā€™ve done in your other threadjacks?[/QUOTE]

49erAlumnus
Freshman

Originally Posted by Over40NINER
Mike, what part do you not understand when we tell you the link does not work when accessed from the Observerā€™s website? Quit pretending to be stupid.

Over, I donā€™t think heā€™s pretending.

Thatā€™s correct Einstein. Itā€™s probably been working for you because you were logged in from work, thus being logged into the Observerā€™s internal networkā€¦

But Iā€™m sure you already know the link does not work for anyone attempting to read the Observer online. So quit pretending to be stupid.

edit: it is finally working now.

You obviously arenā€™t reading the entire thread Chipper. Maybe you shouldnā€™t be the designated summarizer after all.

I have still not seen where anyone accused you of breaking the link. youā€™re the only one to say that. You yourself pretended to be working at the Observer before the quote you just posted.

Latest and Greatest Update:

10. NinerMike gets very defensive. I just read the entire thread again and I still fail to see where anyone accused him of breaking the link.

11. Metro has busted NinerMIke.

[QUOTE=Chipper;394641]Latest and Greatest Update:

10. NinerMike gets very defensive. I just read the entire thread again and I still fail to see where anyone accused him of breaking the thread.

11. Metro has busted NinerMIke.[/QUOTE]

Further proof that you may have read the entire thread but obviously didnā€™t comprehend. Iā€™m starting to think that you are a Chapel Hill College graduate. (See if that makes the next summary)

Iā€™ve gone back and read this entire thread as well. I think that NinerMike is just misunderstood. I of all people can understand that. I mean, so what if he contradicts himself? Who among us doesnā€™t do that every now and again? Take me for example: my two favorite teams are the Charlotte 49ers and who ever is playing against the Charlotte 49ers. Does that make me any less of a fan?

:49ers:

You guys are wasting your time thinking ninermike is Persinger. And every story link has worked for me since last night accessing on AOL from my laptop. So, I donā€™t know what the problem was.

You guys are wasting your time thinking ninermike is Persinger. And every story link has worked for me since last night accessing on AOL from my laptop. So, I don't know what the problem was.
No one thought nimermike was Persinger. Ninermike was the one pretending to be working at the O.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;394662]And every story link has worked for me since last night accessing on AOL from my laptop. So, I donā€™t know what the problem was.[/QUOTE]
The link you posted was fine Jim if you used that. The hyperlinks from the Observer home page and on the sports page did not go to the story (404 Page Not Found) on either Firefox or IE on my 3 computers, and the sport page link was corrected at 5:02 pm. Per Mike, the time stamp is shown when an article first goes live on the website.

Sorry that few online readers read your recap, unless they look this morning.

My good buddy and pal, Mike P., may not have addressed the Richmond comparison yet. (not that I ever expect he will)

BUT

we have a Stephen (pronounced STEFF-en) food update

[QUOTE]The Wildcats had to do something to shake free of that pressurized grip. It might have happened Friday night a week ago, when a surprise 21st birthday party for Curry, followed by a trip to a Japanese steakhouse, seemed to loosen everyone up.[/QUOTE]