ODU Home Game 1-11-20 4:00 Tip + Alumni Game

I think we are just talking about Halton reseating. I canā€™t imagine The Rich will do anything until the expansion. Even then, FSLs lock us into our seats, but I suspect we will have an option to move with the new sections.

2 Likes

Ok, it looks like I misunderstood the ā€œsimilar to football processā€ comment. Thanks for the clarification.

Iā€™m not saying put the starters back in. Iā€™m saying if their scrubs are out playing our scrubs, you go for the win. If nothing else, itā€™s a teaching moment for those ā€œscrubsā€.

I would probably put 2 sections in the endzone and 2 on the sides, beside each other, on the side with the band, behind visitor bench.

Does cusa still have a rule against student sections behind visitorā€™s bench? You know, The Charlotte Rule.

No no no ( stupid 5 character rule)

clt says put the students at mid court again.

They have to play us again in just a few days. If Jones were to have pressed the issue with a foul at the 30 second mark, Sanchez brings back the starters. The odds of ODU coming back were still slim just because of our style of play and FT making ability. Jones would have had a high percentage of losing and really pissing off Sanchez and our players. I donā€™t think that he wanted to do that based on our schedule. In my opinion he made the right decision for his team going forward. If the same situation were to occur in the next game, I think he fouls and goes for the win.

104 is not all season ticket holders. When they moved students 104 was season tickets for a bit, then it was grad students. I am not sure what its technically now, but the AD has given those seats to various groups including military and football team. They easily can turn 104 back into all students. Just add this to another long list of things Judy messed up.

I donā€™t have any idea what Greek life looks like these days, but giving them seats back in the 90ā€™s and early 2000ā€™s had its purpose. It was before we went on our Watkins-Lutz run, and that purpose was to fill student seats. Student body at large were not really into it, so they said hey, if you can get your people here, these prime seats are yours.

I donā€™t care if they give them away to the Greeks, chess club or anyone else for that matter, but what incentives are offered today to any clubs? Any? I think we have to reintroduce students to the product and the way to do that quicker is to find something that incentivizes and creates some Jones-effect/peer pressure for them to show up. Students donā€™t really show up on their own until the games become more high profile and consistently matter. Win or lose, that still ainā€™t happening here for a while.

Would you be saying the same thing if the difference was 2 instead of 6? In other words, what if on one of those steals, ODU opted for a 3 pointer, instead of a 2, got fouled and made a 4 point play. I canā€™t imagine saying ā€œthe honorable thing to do is to not go for the winā€.

Iā€™m more inclined to say that if you get into a game, reserves or not, I expect you to play hard.

I agree, there is a point where the honorable thing probably is to throw in the towel, donā€™t foul. We just disagree that a 2 possession game, still with 30 seconds to play is a time to do that.

I was at an angle that I could see both Jones and Sanchez and they gave each other the look that it was over so both would not put their starters back on after the last basket. Sanchez even walked towards the ODU bench to see what Jones was going to do and Jones starting walking toward him to shake hands.