ODU Home Game 1-11-20 4:00 Tip + Alumni Game

It was a 12 point game when he threw the towel in and then his subs scored 6 straight points. I thought it was good that coaches let the clock run out instead of trying to let subs decide the game.

I sat behind ODUs bench and Jones was ticked most of the second half. He was screaming at both his players and assistant coaches

Our student section was destroyed by many factors, mostly the decade+ of sucking. The end zone seating has made teh student section an afterthought. We are going to have to build it back from the ground up.

Sounds like the students are starting to come back and show up. That is the first step. The next thing is for a group of students leading the charge by standing, starting chants, and raising hell. We need another Lew or Skody type leading the charge. Is there one out there?

Glad to see we have surpassed our win total from last year with 16 games left to go! Lots of momentum building.

3 Likes

If Sanchez gave up like that, heā€™d be getting shit on this board for it and rightfully so. 6 point game with 23 sec left and you donā€™t foul to extend the game? You donā€™t try to steal after 2 consecutive steals and fast break? You know Sanchez was wondering if ODU got another steal and score if he would have to put starters back in. That would be the first time I would have seen that happen.

I see that we have to play ODU again Jan 20, which is a Monday. I would not be shocked if we dropped all three upcoming road contests. CUSA comes up with some really weird shit when it makes out its conference schedules.
Thatā€™s for most every sport of either gender.

Scrubs got them back in the game. That was an integrity call not putting starters back. They had conceded and he didnā€™t take that decision back. Real honorable decision.

1 Like

Mike Hill had a tweet yesterday that he is a BIG fan of students in the sideline sections and they are looking into that for next year. Didnā€™t want to try to make a change mid-season. But also made the point that he needs to make sure students will show up if they are given those sections. If students donā€™t show upā€¦those sections look awful on TV when empty.

But he made it clearā€¦thatā€™s the plan going forward.

2 Likes

Trueā€¦but we also called the dogs off, by bringing in 4 subs.

Right in that instance itā€™s a gentlemanā€™s agreement that the game is over. Now could he have reneged on the deal when they cut it to six? Sure but the fact weā€™re even discussing this shows how dominant we were for most of the game.

Letā€™s not forget we didnā€™t have a PG in the game the last minute when they were making those steals.

We are 9-5 (3-0) with a NET in the 150s, weā€™ve made major strides so far this year.

1 Like

Wonder where Hill wants to put the students on the sidelines? You now have alumni and season ticket holders on both sides. The students are still not showing up or making noise. There are not that many seats in the end zones so if the are full it is not that many students. I am behind the score table near the visitors bench and it has been the same season ticket holders for several years

FYI, Halton is being completely re-seated for season ticket holder next year. Similar to football process.

3 Likes

Similar to football as in FSL?

Yes. Appointments based upon rank.

Well my donation to get the stadium built in the first place ought to count in this formula or this boomer will be doing some hellacious OK booming to the AD.

Havenā€™t we always assigned seats based on rank on the alum side? Maybe that stopped after attendance became so poor.

Correct. This is re-seating everyone. Starting from scratch based on current rank.

I bet they even do it by computer like in the present century. :smile:

Club rank?

When the scrubs came in, 3 of ODUā€™s final 5 points were scored by #15, Joseph Reece. He is their 6th man and played 22 minutes in the game. You have to hope your first guy off the bench can playā€“like Robb for us.

This is the first I have heard about this, and it is probably time to do this. Seating in Halton should reflect and encourage contributions. However, I doubt they simply assign a priority value to seats and put people into them based on their 49er Club points. I suspect they will do it the same way they did it when Halton opened, and when The Rich opened. You will get an appointment based on 49er Club point order, and can select any available seat you want when it is your turn. I would probably stay in the same seats we have if possible.

Not really happy about potentially losing my football seats.