ODU Post Game

[quote=“4ever niner, post:19, topic:30163”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:15, topic:30163”][quote=“chidave, post:13, topic:30163”]Was this the same crew as MT? Seemed like one of them looked familiar, although that could be my anger making them look alike.

Tough loss, I’m proud of the way we fought back and almost had it. Hoping we can notch two wins next week and get back on track.[/quote]
I thought one of the guys looked familiar as well. I do recall after that game one of the refs walking off the court and saying “F this school” he was at most 5-10ft from me.[/quote] That would have been good to get on cell phone video. I’m not at all surprised that remark was made. Hopefully, karma will catch up with that a/hole.[/quote]
If I had suspected he would’ve said it I would’ve gotten it. It came as a shock to me that a ref would say that, but at the same time it almost was not a shock.
Karma will catch up him eventually. It always does.

Coach Price received a warning in the game as he reacted to the officiating. Good to see some fire from this coach instead of clapping. Also, the ODU coach called one of our fans a mother #*$&er. That was a classy move. There were some really bad calls that are tough to overcome when you have a short rotation and a young team. Freeman made a heck of a shot at the end of regulation as he did have White with pretty good pressure so I give him props for that.

When did he call one of our fans that? I wasn’t close enough to hear what he was saying. I agree love seeing fire in our coach for once!

[font=verdana][size=1em]Freeman is the best player in the conference. I said it before the game started and he didn’t prove me wrong. But with a fairly called game and no illegal moving screens from number 30, we would have won.[/size][/font]

With that much time on the clock, I like not fouling. They were shooting well at the line, and had guards in the game. You can foul with less time on the clock, but White had a hand in Freeman’s face, and he just drained it.

The officiating was terrible. In the first, after one of the OB play calls that Price thought was wrong, one of the young refs really got an attitude, and it continued throughout the game.

Guys played their asses off, and I hate it for them. We needed a win like this for a confidence boost.

Great fight from the team. Terrible first half but guys fought back. The officials were just plain bad. The unevenness of the calls was plain to see. The fact we were in it was amazing. With that said some of the loss was self inflicted with our age coming out. The ball movement has been great. It’s amazing to see what coach is getting out of a bunch of guys that came in late.

Tonight’s one-sided officiating is something you are more likely to see while watching a tarhole game. If ODU could receive favoritism like this in EVERY game, they could be a top 20 team.

That block by Davis was sick. Not sure I’ve seen a pg swat a ball like that.

White hasn’t had his offensive game in a while. Since his 30 point game he has scored 6, 8, 0, 6 and 2 tonight. He has scored 20 or more 4 times this year. Looking at his game to game points, very up and down.

[quote=“cibik02, post:28, topic:30163”]That block by David was sick. Not sure I’ve seen a pg swat a ball like that.

White hasn’t had his offensive game in a while.[/quote]
That was a pretty awesome swat! He was flying down the court too!

Absolutely! Foul before the shot. Don’t let them have the three pointer. I learned that in the second grade when no kid in my class could even get the ball to the basket from the three point line.
Even fouling the shooter in the act would have been better than letting him take the shot.

No durn wonder! They probably thought the guys in white were the home team.

Absolutely! Foul before the shot. Don’t let them have the three pointer. I learned that in the second grade when no kid in my class could even get the ball to the basket from the three point line.
Even fouling the shooter in the act would have been better than letting him take the shot.[/quote]

Can we all refer back to the FIU game and see that this isn’t the greatest idea with our current youth?

Even fouling the shooter in the act would have been better than letting him take the shot.[/quote]

Can we all refer back to the FIU game and see that this isn’t the greatest idea with our current youth?[/quote]Agreed. Great player made a big shot. We had our chances and didn’t take advantage of them. Just another game to learn from.

[quote=“Fatalisk, post:6, topic:30163”]Great game. Y’all showed some grit. Seniority may have been the difference in the end. White really hurt y’all.

Don’t worry, you’ll only have to see Freeman 4 times. :wink: Unless of course we meet in the CUSA tournament.[/quote]

Avg 20 pt and doubles that tonite. That must count for seeing him twice.

[quote=“Fatalisk, post:6, topic:30163”]Great game. Y’all showed some grit. Seniority may have been the difference in the end. White really hurt y’all.

Don’t worry, you’ll only have to see Freeman 4 times. :wink: Unless of course we meet in the CUSA tournament.[/quote]
With him being eligible to graduate transfer after the season I would advise you to enjoy his likely final games in an ODU uniform.

Can we all refer back to the FIU game and see that this isn’t the greatest idea with our current youth?[/quote]Agreed. Great player made a big shot. We had our chances and didn’t take advantage of them. Just another game to learn from.[/quote]

I recall some of the so-called experts on this board criticizing a certain former coach when he elected not to foul in a similar situation in the final game of the regular season. We still finished in the upper half of the A10 that year with 19 wins and some of our fans thought 19 wins were awful. Wow, how I would love to see that again. I think Price has us on the way.

Not if the shooter was in the act of hitting a 3 pointer.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/entry/yet_another_study_about_fouling_when_up_3

The stats back up the strategy of playing honest defense.

Tremendous effort to take the lead back, nearly had a 50 point half after scoring just 17 in the first.

Jeff Jones is a piece of s h i t.

No durn wonder! They probably thought the guys in white were the home team.[/quote]

clt daps this post.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:37, topic:30163”]http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/entry/yet_another_study_about_fouling_when_up_3

The stats back up the strategy of playing honest defense.

Tremendous effort to take the lead back, nearly had a 50 point half after scoring just 17 in the first.

Jeff Jones is a piece of s h i t.[/quote]

Something not mentioned yet. AFTER ODU hit that 3 pointer, we still had time to get a good shot off but then seemed to have trouble finding a good shot. We’ve had great ball movement lately, but not on that particular play.

When did he call one of our fans that? I wasn’t close enough to hear what he was saying. I agree love seeing fire in our coach for once![/quote]
It was when there were only 0.6 seconds remaining and the crowd started to leave. I figured it was one of the guys here on this forum. I was sitting in 104 and was pretty close to that incident and the bad calls.