Off Topic

[QUOTE=TheGreatest;405198]He’ll be training at 500x gravity this summer.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahhahahahahahha.

What?! HIS POWER LEVEL IS OVER ONE MILLION?!

He'll be training at 500x gravity this summer.

I actually laughed.

He'll be training at 500x gravity this summer.

:lmao:, nice

Barnett is plenty strong, although more will certainly not hurt him. He is simply not a 4 and I can't imagine him ever being one. KJ will likely be the one playing the 4 when Braswell is at the 5 and Spears is on the bench.

Ideally I would agree. It will be nice if KJ and Braswell are immediate impact players as freshmen. But it usually doesn’t happen that way. I believe Barnett is going to be the 2nd tallest guy on the team next season (haven’t seen him and Braswell together yet) and will be his 3rd year in the system, vs first season for KJ.

And don’t foget we’ve had to play Withers at the 5, Drayton at the 4 and 5, Basden at the 4, Mack at the 4, Coley at the 5. So players have had to play out of their true position often.

barnett will probably be the fourth tallest if we sign sirin. barnett is 6’7". phil is 6’11", braswell is 6’9" sirin is 6’9".

[QUOTE=Normmm;405205]Ideally I would agree. It will be nice if KJ and Braswell are immediate impact players as freshmen. But it usually doesn’t happen that way. I believe Barnett is going to be the 2nd tallest guy on the team next season (haven’t seen him and Braswell together yet) and will be his 3rd year in the system, vs first season for KJ.

And don’t foget we’ve had to play Withers at the 5, Drayton at the 4 and 5, Basden at the 4, Mack at the 4, Coley at the 5. So players have had to play out of their true position often.[/QUOTE]

Do I think Sherrill will have a huge impact this year? No. His natural position is at PF though. Barnett is not a good rebounder and has not shown even an inkling of offense inside the arc. He’ll have to progress a long way from where he was last year to get any time at the 4.

We never have a true ‘5’ anyway… We pretty much always seem to play 2G,2SF,PF or 2G,1SF,2PF…

lets get back on subject boys

[QUOTE=joeniner;405220]lets get back on subject boys[/QUOTE]

if recruiting threads stayed 100% about the recruit, most would be less than 2 pages.

id rather have that

[QUOTE=eason49;405218]We never have a true ‘5’ anyway… We pretty much always seem to play 2G,2SF,PF or 2G,1SF,2PF…[/QUOTE]

Phil Jones and Martin Iti are true 5s.

[QUOTE=joeniner;405222]id rather have that[/QUOTE]

if all people did was post updates from published sources, then there would be no need for this site. Speculating how a recruit may alter the lineup is what this kind of a place is all about. This is a discussion forum, not a news database.

good point but we are taking it way over the top

[QUOTE=Niner National;405224]if all people did was post updates from published sources, then there would be no need for this site. Speculating how a recruit may alter the lineup is what this kind of a place is all about. This is a discussion forum, not a news database.[/QUOTE]

No, this is a site where fans get excited about their team and anyone else here is just wasting their time.

Phil Jones and Martin Iti are true 5s.
Most, not all the time!

Nance, Coleman, Drayton, Mack, Coley, etc were all PFs at best.

[QUOTE=eason49;405237]Most, not all the time![/QUOTE]

yeah, but that’s better than a lot of schools. Heck most elite schools don’t have 5s these days.

yeah, but that's better than a lot of schools. Heck most elite schools don't have 5s these days.
Nothing wrong with running without a 5. The point I was getting at was that we essentially have two 4s, so worrying about who will play the 5 isn't really necessary.

I remember last off-season everyone was like “how will coley AND mack fit on the floor?” essentially assuming we had to have Jones play the 5.

[QUOTE=eason49;405240]Nothing wrong with running without a 5. The point I was getting at was that we essentially have two 4s, so worrying about who will play the 5 isn’t really necessary.

I remember last off-season everyone was like “how will coley AND mack fit on the floor?” essentially assuming we had to have Jones play the 5.[/QUOTE]

okay, got’cha.

Do I think Sherrill will have a huge impact this year? No. His natural position is at PF though. Barnett is not a good rebounder and has not shown even an inkling of offense inside the arc. He'll have to progress a long way from where he was last year to get any time at the 4.

I agree. That’s why I said “ideally” KJ will come in and have an impact. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the 3rd year 6’7" guy gets the nod at the beginning of the season over the 1st year 6’7" guy.

I just don’t see it happening. Barnett has no interior skills from what I’ve seen. He’s always been a 2 in our system and at times seemed kind of lost, which is probably why he didn’t see significant minutes. I think Barnett has potential, I just don’t see him getting minutes at the 4. The coaches knew he’d be a project when they offered him a scholarship. I haven’t seen a single coach or person close to the team refer to Sherrill as a project.