Official Gardner Webb Game Thread

The crowd was quieter then picassos was when watching the Hofstra game, but it was fun to watch them win again. We seem to only have offense when we play at home. GW looked terrible…I have no idea how they beat Kentucky because it looked like a couple of the guys on their team may have never played high school ball let alone college.

Coley is the man, and I wish the game had been on tv so he could have gotten some attention. I think Dewhurst must have known someone for GW cause he played harder then I’ve ever seen him playe before.

It’s just good to get a win before Christmas.

We needed this one. Big. We need the same thing on the 30th to build confidence back up for Maryland. And G-W…seriously…how much did they pay Kentucky. Wow. Coley…seriously…ate them. Dewhurst played one heck of a game. Solid contribution from Phil, Mack, of course Lee…and quietly winning the game were Gerrity and Harris. Nice job guys.

Double-Doubles by Charles and Charles.

I was really a little afraid that we were only going to pull out a win by 12 points or so. My confidence in the home team Niners is much higher. Surprised no one has bumped the sign lutz thread yet… :lmao: (No I am not saying he should be just find it humorous.

Far and away,the best i’ve seen Charles play.He’s smart,plays good D,rebounds very well and hustles. As he gets more confidence in his shot he’s going to get more minutes,I believe,probably coming from Anderson.Anyone else see Maryland lost to American?

Far and away,the best i've seen Charles play.He's smart,plays good D,rebounds very well and hustles. As he gets more confidence in his shot he's going to get more minutes,I believe,probably coming from Anderson.Anyone else see Maryland lost to American?
Agreed. Props to Bobby for leaving him in the game for minutes when he is playing well. Coley can jump out of the gym. Leemoan does what he does at home. Coley and Dew were the deciding fsctors in our favor.

we rebound amazing well when we have Coley and Dew out there.

We also shut down their high scoring guards. Give Goldwire some credit for that. I think he completely shut his guy out. The entire team played good D.

Yes, Lee did an amazing job on defense. Today as a whole we played extremely well. Bobby said on the post game that we were going to give them penetration and force them to make shots with our “bigs” inside. Didn’t want them to get good looks from the three. Great game plan defensively.

On the way to the game today, my close friend (NC State alumni - on a side note; the kid arrogantly thinks he knows everything about sports and your opinion is stupid b/c he went to the [B]great[/B] North Carolina State University and you didn’t) called and asked what my plans were for the day. I told him that my brother and me were going to see Charlotte play. He then asked who we were playing and said “Well, don’t let them pull a Kentucky. Ha, ha.” He didn’t come out and say it but I knew he wanted us to get beat. So I mentioned that I happened to watch their game against Davidson last night (Not really). I said, “Yeah, Davidson’s pretty tough, we only beat them by 7. How many did yall beat them by?” I thought to myself I know I’m not having a State fan talk s*** to me after they lost to ECU (Coach Moss and UNC-W just beat ECU, loving that) and New Orleans. I mean I know we lost some games we shouldn’t have but come on. Anyway, I’m usually against blowing out a team but I was really glad we PUT IT ON GW. I really enjoyed today just to let yall know. When can we start being so arrogant?

State has no reason to be arrogant. Living off their past.

[QUOTE=moss2k;278812]State has no reason to be arrogant. Living off their past.[/QUOTE]
DOBA. I think the 1983 national title was the worst thing that ever happened to their basketball program. They fostered high expectations in their fan base that can’t realistically be fulfilled. I know a lot of rational State fans who have basically shared this sentiment.

[QUOTE=moss2k;278812]State has no reason to be arrogant. Living off their past.[/QUOTE]
DOBA

State is a football school, and a sh***y one at that.

State is a football school, and a sh***y one at that.

oh…thats just harsh. if they’re a football school, you might as well blow that place up.

On a serious note, shouldn’t it be possible to adopt a policy against some asshole bringing a noisemaker (blast horn) into Halton?

[QUOTE=Banks;278833]On a serious note, shouldn’t it be possible to adopt a policy against some asshole bringing a noisemaker (blast horn) into Halton?[/QUOTE]

there already is policy on that. there are not supposed to be any artificial noise makers allowed in any arena in the A10.

Where were all the people that were usually there? Lots of new people down low it seemed; they were into it and were cool, though… just not as loud as usual. I did my best to yell at the GWU fans… that was unbelievable that they got down there. It wasn’t just them, the top row of 104 had tons of them, too. :cuss:

[QUOTE=ninerball49;278830]oh…thats just harsh. if they’re a football school, you might as well blow that place up.[/QUOTE]

Sure they are, just ask 'em. At least that’s what they all said a couple of years ago. Maybe they’ve switched back now.

They certainly are not a baseball school. Witness last years NCAA.