Official NNN Game of Thrones (HBO) thread

http://www.hbo.com/#/game-of-thrones/about/video/exclusive-preview.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oYc5Xz89JgQkGJKan+iXmpjIXsjFyMjKyMbJJJ5aW5BfkJFbalhSVpgIAV3AXOA==

I’ll watch it, but the books got so ridiculous. I hope the series is better.

The first three books were fantastic. The 4th was meh.

I’m thinking this series is going to be fairly awesome.

4th book was not very good.

1st episode was damn solid. I loved it. I’ve read that the 2nd one is the weakest of the season, before they switched directors for 3,4 & 5, which are all supposed to be really good.

I’m hooked. My wife, who doesn’t like the genre, is hooked. She already can’t wait for the next one.

And Emilia Clarke is effing smoking…

The books (I’m in the 3rd but got sidetracked during law school) are awesome. Martin doesn’t mind killing anyone, despite any attachment you may have to them. First episode was excellent!

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:5, topic:25259”]1st episode was damn solid. I loved it. I’ve read that the 2nd one is the weakest of the season, before they switched directors for 3,4 & 5, which are all supposed to be really good.

I’m hooked. My wife, who doesn’t like the genre, is hooked. She already can’t wait for the next one.

[/quote]

Not a fan of her. The show was entertaining enough, very faithful to the books.

I’m very intrigued so far. It’s been a while since HBO has held my attention on Sunday night programming. I know it’s early but I’m getting a Lost vibe to it, with the Night Walkers and the Dragons. And yes, Clarke is hot.

Nothing so mysterious and unexplained like Lost. Nightwalkers and Dragons are both real.

I haven’t read the books but I watched Sunday’s 1st episode and enjoyed it. I have to admit however that I’m a little lost. I’m not exactly sure who everyone is and how it’s all connected. Maybe that’s the point.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:7, topic:25259”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:5, topic:25259”]1st episode was damn solid. I loved it. I’ve read that the 2nd one is the weakest of the season, before they switched directors for 3,4 & 5, which are all supposed to be really good.

[/quote]

Not a fan of her. The show was entertaining enough, very faithful to the books.[/quote]

Never heard of her or this series, but based on that photo alone, she’s so hot that my wife may even give me a free pass. Hell, she may want to participate. :slight_smile:

There is a lot of exposition to get through. It will start all clicking at some point, and I think they are going to drop some of the non key characters to make it easier to follow. There is a pretty large amount of backstory you are missing, but so far, I think they’re doing a decent job of working it in to the main story.

This may help for the newbs:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-04-13/game-of-thrones-for-dummies/

I think I’ll attach a PDF that’s easier to read.

I will say, the typical small details for fans are all there. Makes re-viewings more enjoyable. I picked a few out last night, but I’ll save some cause they are spoilers.

One thing I did miss, and it isnt big, but I wonder if I was the only one - the opneing scene - did anyone else notice all the other white walkers in the background when the 2nd guy got beheaded? I completely missed them the first time. They were hanging back half camo’d like they were Predator.

GoT4Dummies.pdf (185 KB)

If it was Lost, there would be tons of filler episodes followed by no payoff at the end.
There might might be no payoff at the end, but all episodes will connect, flashbacks will be plot driven (no model airplanes), and little screen time will be wasted.

FYI - Based on the feedback of the first episode, HBO has picked up the show for season 2.

DUH, but yeah! nonetheless.

Watched the first episode last night.

I’m hooked.

I watched it last night as well. Not going to say I’m hooked but I’ll give it a few episodes.

Caught up through episode 3 last night. I keep having this feeling like the tom-boyish Stark daughter is going to end up becoming a very important character in the series. I don’t know what that means yet, but her training on the sword has got to be some sort of foreshadowing.

With the Khaleesi preggers, and her brother douche Targyeran (sp?) getting treated like the little bitch he is, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Khal Drago kill him and try to take a throne for his own lineage (though I have my doubts because it doesn’t seem like the Dothraki would give up their nomadic lifestyle.)

I have the feeling Benj Stark is going to get nom’d on by some White Walkers here shortly.

Tyrion Lannister is probably my favorite character.

Episode three needed more boobs.

I’m not going to spoil anything for you, but I will say, at this point in the books, most people disliked Tyrion. I don’t think you’re supposed to like him right now, and that bugs me.

The pace needs to pickup. maybe I’m mentally compressing book 2 into book 1, but there is a ton of stuff that needs to happen, SOON.

Tyrion is definitely a douche, but his perspective seems to be more grounded in logic and cynicism than all of his crazy family counterparts and his interactions with Ned’s bastard tend to be quite entertaining. Him pissing off the wall into the north last episode was funny.

I thought they were doing 1 season = 1 book? Could be wrong. I think with as slow as episode 3 was, episode 4 will be crazy.