Official NNN Game of Thrones (HBO) thread

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/stannis-melisandre/

Stannis & Melisandre have been cast for season 2.

I approve of Melisandre. Looks almost just like I pictured:

I looked her up after I saw her in another movie. Fairly attractive woman, to say the least:

I expected Stannis to be stouter. Not fat, but larger.

Top picture makes her look like a younger Katey Segal.

Here’s Brienne of Tarth:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1181265p1.html

Plus a Tudors veteran joins the cast as Margaery Tyrell

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=40286

I was going to say, Brienne is not nearly ugly enough but then I saw this from the article:

Gwendoline gave a great reading, and her look was just perfect. No, when she auditioned, she did not look she does in the photo above. She came in looking… well, like Brienne.

Casting news:

1. Hallyne & Gilly

http://www.tvguide.com/News/HBO-​Game-Thrones-Casting-1036227.aspx

1. In related “GOT” casting news, Karl Davies, who starred in the UK soap “Emmerdale,” has signed on as Alton Lannister, HBO confirmed to Access Hollywood. Alton is not in the books by author George R. R. Martin, and no character description was immediately available.

WTF?? new character? :vomit: Either that or its yet another rename. Lancel? If so, why??? Seems like several folks think he is either Cleos Frey or some amalgamtion of other Lannisters interacting with Cersei.

New characters is a great thing. I prefer divergence from the books, makes it more interesting for me.

The chick playing Brien of Tarth is 6’3".

Google pictures of her. She’s a monster.

She ain’t tiny, that’s for sure.

Who’s her friend?

The new Lannister isnt Lancel - he’s already appeared in season 1 (I forgot).

When they cast that gal as Brienne, they thought she was way too pretty. So, they’re going to ugly her up “considerably” for the show.

Gonna be interesting.

PS - Ygritte isnt it book 2 is she? I am wondering which ginger they’ll pull to play her.

You know nothing, Niner Advocate.

You know nothing, Niner Advocate.[/quote]

Nicely done

Game of Thrones: Season 2 In Production

holy crap, cant wait.

Both the DVD and Blu-ray versions include the first season’s 10 episodes, plus (descriptions are the official text):
Complete Guide to Westeros
“An interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one.”
Making Game of Thrones
“An exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interviews from the cast and crew.”
Character Profiles
“Profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.”
Creating the Show Open
“An inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones.”
From the Book to the Screen
“Executive producers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, and author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenges of bringing Martin’s epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.”
The Night’s Watch
“An in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700 foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.”
Creating the Dothraki Language
“An insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones.”
Audio Commentaries
“Seven audio commentaries with Cast and Crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, and more.”
BLU-RAY ONLY: ALL THE FEATURES ABOVE PLUS:
Blu-ray Complete Guide to Westeros
“An interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves.”
In-Episode Guide
“In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays.”
Anatomy of an Episode
“An in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, ‘A Golden Crown.’”
Hidden Dragon Eggs
“Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-scene content.”

Game Of Thrones Season 2: “Shadow” Tease

:fapfapfapfap:

Looking forward to season 2 reading book 3 now.

Just 3 weeks left til season 2!!

The latest previews look awesome. I wont post book spoilers but some of the scenes look great. Better than I expected them to turn out.

Also, I finally got the season 1 Blu Ray set. It’s fantastic. yes, the episodes are great, but the DVD is also extremely well done. The history/guide section is awesome. A real treat for fans who havent read the books. Its also cool how you can watch the show with the guide buttons. Characters, places, etc are identified while you watch them happen. Really cool feature. ONLY on the Blu Ray.

Worth every penny of the $35 amazon pre-order for 10 episodes and all the extras.

I hope Melisandre gets naked a lot.

God I hope so. Carice van Houten is a beautiful woman.