Official Release of Home/Away Opponents 2008/2009 Season

Haven’t seen this posted yet…

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/070308aab.html

2008-09 Charlotte 49ers Men’s Basketball Schedule

[B]November
Fri. 14 UNC GREENSBORO Halton Arena
Sun. 16 OLD DOMINION Halton Arena
Wed. 19 at Appalachian State Boone, N.C.
Sat. 22 CLEMSON Halton Arena
Thurs.-Sun. 27-30 at Anaheim Classic Anaheim, Ca.
(Arizona State, Baylor, Cal. State-Fullerton, Providence, St. Mary’s, UTEP, Wake Forest)

December
Fri/Sat. 5/6 at Southern Illinois Carbondale, Ill.
Sat. 13 WINTHROP Halton Arena
Sun. 21 YOUNGSTOWN STATE Halton Arena
Tues. 30 LONG ISLAND Halton Arena

January
Sat. 3 at Maryland College Park, Md.
Sat. 10 TULSA HALTON ARENA [/B]

:49ers:

glad Clemson is sooner than later… CAN’T WAITTTT!!!

nice - halfway to the sched

I’m curious as to where the Davidson game will fall. It’s usually the first or second Saturday in December, but it looks like those dates are finalized for us. Looks like December 3 or 17 are the likely remaining options.

Anybody know when they are going to announce the pairings for the Anaheim Classic?

I was really hoping crApp State would be on a weekend. My parents have a house about 20 minutes outside of Boone, I was hoping to be able to pregame it up there for a couple days without taking off from work.

The only one of those games I have off is ODU.

+1 to Clemson for not ducking the student section and trying to play over winter break. I was totally expecting a Dec. 22nd or 30th. type game.

[QUOTE=somosdel;328886]Haven’t seen this posted yet…

Utter posted the info last week. It’s in the OOC schedule thread, but never nhurts to repeat the schedule.

X, I was hearing from some Davidson folks that Dec 10 (Wed) was a probable Davidson date.

+1 to Clemson for not ducking the student section and trying to play over winter break. I was totally expecting a Dec. 22nd or 30th. type game.

I’m not getting my hopes up until the official schedule comes on in Aug or Sept.

[quote=HP49er;328923]

Haven’t seen this posted yet…

Utter posted the info last week. It’s in the OOC schedule thread, but never nhurts to repeat the schedule.

X, I was hearing from some Davidson folks that Dec 10 (Wed) was a probable Davidson date.

thats typically exam week…

[QUOTE=NLP;328917]+1 to Clemson for not ducking the student section and trying to play over winter break. I was totally expecting a Dec. 22nd or 30th. type game.[/QUOTE]

My first thought was “that must be Thanksgiving break then”

Nope. It’s the weekend before.

Hopefully, most of the students will stick around.

Should be a blast. :49ers:

4 “local” (including unc-Tweetsie) games in the first 9 days. Wow !!! What a great way to start a great season.

We should tell Davidson we’ll only play them over a holiday. That way, their 75 students that usually go to their games won’t be able to make it. Wait… that would mean some of our 1500 fans that usually visit their gym will also be gone… Never mind. :shades:

4 "local" (including unc-Tweetsie) games in the first 9 days. Wow !!! What a great way to start a great season.

We should tell Davidson we’ll only play them over a holiday. That way, their 75 students that usually go to their games won’t be able to make it. Wait… that would mean some of our 1500 fans that usually visit their gym will also be gone… Never mind. :shades:

Well then their 3 hardcore fans can show up and our 100 hardcore fans will show up.

I love playing local teams. I think it brings alot emotion to that games, which brings out alot more fans.

I’ll be in town probably for the Clemson game. Anyone know how I would go about getting single game tickets?

University of Richmond just lost last year’s top scorer and rebounder (Dan Geriot) to a knee injury suffered in a summer league game. Coach says there is only “a hair of a chance” Geriot will play this upcoming season.

[QUOTE=Savio;329034] Anyone know how I would go about getting single game tickets?[/QUOTE]

I think you can probably find 'em by calling 704-687-4949.

[QUOTE=VA49er;331157]University of Richmond just lost last year’s top scorer and rebounder (Dan Geriot) to a knee injury suffered in a summer league game. Coach says there is only “a hair of a chance” Geriot will play this upcoming season.[/QUOTE]

OUCH! tough break for the Spidey’s

I'll be in town probably for the Clemson game. Anyone know how I would go about getting single game tickets?
The same way you get/got tickets to other games. Aren't you in the 49er Club? They should be able to help you out.

Niner OOC opponent Long Island (12/30 @ Halton) is a member of the dreaded Northeast Conference! Anyway, ESPN has started profiling the conferences and here’s the one on the NEC…

ESPN.com: NEC ShootAround