Official Stadium Construction Thread 🏟

They are not taking seats out and most of the construction is vertical. It can be done. It ain’t rocket surgery, but it won’t be easy either.

The biggest problem I see now is infrastructure, or lack there of. Where do you put your cranes? Where do you store all your materials? How do you get concrete trucks and large steel with traffic, the choo choo and no straight roads, without destroying something or someone?

I believe it makes sense to cut an access road that eventually could be made into a permanent road for permanent football and tailgating facilities. Even with a new road, it would probably make good sense to work at night.

With a new road and the right cranes, one might be able to build the steel grandstands in modular groups onsite or near site, then lift them into place at night. Imagine seeing big chunks of stadium appearing each morning.

1 Like

To complicate matters if it has to be fully funded thing is still in effect - I’m curious if they are trying to avoid a bond issue and have enough on hand to pay cash.

2 Likes

clt heard from an insider that Sanchez will be constructing all of the pillars for the expansion

1 Like

That will take more than 5 years

2 Likes

clt says what the hell is rocket surgery?

That sounds complicated

Anna Kendrick GIF by PeacockTV

3 Likes

Until I see proof to the contrary I get the feeling Mike Hill isn’t much of a fund raiser.

2 Likes

It’s a technical term for supergeniuses

It doesn’t help with fundraising when the football program has been the mess it has been

I’m a little disappointed here, had hoped we’d at least have the 21K done before we first host ECU. It would be very poor planning on our part if we had to play elsewhere during the expansion.

I’ll gladly attend in a messy construction zone, at BOFA, at memorial stadium or at any stadium with enough seats within 100 miles as long as it means that the damn thing is actually being built.

I’m pretty much sick of hearing about it.

I want specifics.

3 Likes

Biff will find donors, I do believe.

1 Like

I hate on Judy more than most, but between her fiscal constraint, the state policy of making sure things are fully funded and students fees we are lucky to have come thru Covid with no significant debt or having to cut sports and eliminate positions.

2 Likes

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

1 Like

GIF by Billboard Music Awards

We knew we needed to expand the stadium when we accepted an invitation to a FBS in 2012. Now we hear expansion might not be complete until 2028. That is a 16 year time period.

Snail GIF by MotoGP

2 Likes

Expansion needs $$$

Anyone not happy with the pace of expansion can pony up more $$ to the cause.

7 Likes

There is no one on this board that is going to fund expansion. It will require major fundraising from private individuals of substantial wealth and corporations. Trying to cast blame on a bunch of message board posters is foolhardy and scapegoating.

3 Likes

I increased my contributions last year as soon the Evergreen campaign launched. I wish they launched it sooner so I could contribute directly to football opposed to other things I don’t care about.

2 Likes

I agree but it’s also reminding folks that expansion is real money from real people. It’s easy for us to complain it’s taking too long but we have to remember this is about people giving money.