Official Stadium Construction Thread 🏟

Anyone that wants to contribute to football expansion and designate their funds for that can do so.

The issues was in 2012 there was no reason to expand. We weren’t filling what we had and we didn’t have a bigger conference an opponents they would justify it. To me the issue is we should have built it to 20-24k from the start and we would have if we had visionary leaders.

1 Like

This would have saved us a shitload of money in the long run. Pay for it now, or really pay much more for it later, but it’s going to get paid. We are in the same situation now. Our AD will cost of mega Millions $$$ in the end if we piece mill this stadium expansion in two or three indefinite disconnected phases. Anyone who understands large construction should understand this. Do we real want the stadium to be symbolic of our rising athletic program or not? I know Poggi does.

Blame the Board of Governors and the politicians in Raleigh for changing the rules to stymie us from trying to compete with the ACC schools. If we could still build athletic venues with state funds, then we wouldn’t have to wait until funds were raised and student fees wouldn’t bw so exorbitant.

clt says let’s use covid funds like other schools

1 Like

We should call Brett Favre.

I think we should transfer funds from our medical school

2 Likes

33 new posts in Official Stadium Construction thread…nothing official…

1 Like

hungry neon GIF

clt says we need to have sandwiches or biscuits at the Rich as well. easier to eat a samich while you drink

1 Like

Maybe there should be a new state of the art wing deep fryer shown in the stadium expansion renderings?

Watch around the 7:00 mark for Jerry Richardson Stadium.

1 Like

Nice they got the Geico lizard to narrate

1 Like

clt puked at 7:09

1 Like

“home to the Charlotte 49ers of University of North Carolina”

What did you expect after the comment about Clemson and Death Valley National Park?! :roll_eyes: :wink:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2023 College Football :football:

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/02/27/davidson-college.html

My bad. Now see that there is a brief reference to us near the end of the piece. Didn’t read that far the first time through.

Big Cat has passed ….

I suggest we let some time pass before we revive this debate.

2 Likes