Official Stadium Construction Thread 🏟

All of the renderings I’ve seen have the FSL side being on the EPIC side of the stadium.

All of the renderings I’ve seen have the FSL side being on the EPIC side of the stadium.[/quote]

Hope so.

20 more days to GROUNDBREAKING!! Got my official invitation to attend in the mail today! GO NINERS!!

Glad to see a web-cam initiative. The tar-holes had one set-up for their stadium expansion at the end-zone and I thought it was a good way to keep interest/grow interest. I do know via a guest speaker at engineering seminar some of the features will not be added, a tunnel or something like that. Also per master plan theres going to be A TON of new buildings going up around there and hwy-49 to be widened. The dead side of campus will soon be the thriving side, who would have thought 10yrs ago? My cousin went here in the late 80’s and finally came back, she had no clue where she was. I thought that was cool.

I went here in the early 70’s. Imagine how cool I think it all is. 8) :stuck_out_tongue: :o ;D

Nice.

I went here in the early 70’s. Imagine how cool I think it all is. 8) :stuck_out_tongue: :o ;D[/quote]

I imagine at the very least you consider it “interesting” :wink:

Groundbreaking ceremony setup.

I wonder what is under the tarp. Center field logo??! I can’t wait for this!!

My guess is that is where they will do the ceremonial digging. May have put some sand or something there or just putting a tarp over it to keep it from being soggy when they go to dig.

My guess is that is where they will do the ceremonial digging. May have put some sand or something there or just putting a tarp over it to keep it from being soggy when they go to dig.[/quote]

I hope they have pick axes instead of shovels.

My guess is that is where they will do the ceremonial digging. May have put some sand or something there or just putting a tarp over it to keep it from being soggy when they go to dig.[/quote]

I hope they have pick axes instead of shovels.[/quote]

I hope so as well - chances of them doing that? 50/50 if you ask me.

So when does construction officially begin?

Not today.

How 'bout the construction cam so I can get my daily fix? 8)

Closest thing I can get ya:

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/turner/epic

Bet on work not getting really started till after exams.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:37, topic:24748”]Closest thing I can get ya:

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/turner/epic

Bet on work not getting really started till after exams.[/quote]

If I zoom in, I can almost see the reflection of the field in the windows. Thanks! :))

I talked to one of the Construction Managers at the groundbreaking and he said they probably wouldn’t get started for a few weeks. He was on the crew working on the fields back behind the sofball stadium and wanted to wait until baseball was over before they tore up all the parking etc. He said they would start spiltting time between the sites soon.

Baseball has their last home series this weekend, so I would think we may see some work next week.

I thought it started on Fri. morning since it was almost dark when we left Thurs.

Am I going to have to go & drink beer again out there?