Official Stadium Construction Thread šŸŸ

Few more

suweet

Thanks to 49erfootballnow and anyone else for the pics. They are appreciated.

I live near the U and Iā€™m probably more jacked up for this, as an engineer and football crazy fool so its a labor of love. Please make sure you all tell Rodgers Builders to get that damn webcam up!

Ill be on campus all summer so I keep snapping a few pics as summer moves alongā€¦but clearly 49erfootballnow does a much better job than me lol

Wish my damn quote feature would work again. ::slight_smile:

Anyway:

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=28554.msg517896#msg517896

This image below is near the same spot as Mr. Bojā€™s friend from yesterday (link above) so theyā€™re moving pretty quick on clearing existing structures.

check i just sent an email too!

Charlotte 49ers on Facebook sez:

A webcam is set to be up the week of June 20. We will keep fans updated if that changes.

Three weeks too late. To be expected I suppose.

man, i really was wanting to see the installation of the construction exit and tree protection fence.

man, i really was wanting to see the installation of the construction exit and tree protection fence.

LOL, yeah I know. Well I am crazy enough to want to see that.

thanks for the picturesā€¦

As everyone at the Groundbreaking Ceremony knows Irwin Belk is paying for another Richard Hallier statue for our football stadium (probably some for the offsetting female sports will get statues too). Most of his on campus statues look like college kids, but the baseball one is kind of different with its handlebar mustache making it look like a 1970ā€™s 30 something baseball player and all. Wonder if our football player will get the 70ā€™s football look too?

http://www.hallierart.com/gallerya.html

a badass norm down in a 3 point stance looking like heā€™s going to rip someones head off, would be a cool statue too.

Easy photo op for opposing fans to make it look like heā€™s taking it in the @$$. Canā€™t support this!!

Judging from Hallierā€™s other statues Iā€™m thinking it will either be a quarterback about to throw the ball or a reciever reaching up to grab the ball. My only question is will it have a handlebar mustache and fro?

Youā€™d prefer dreads hanging down to his ass, just to make it look ā€œcontemporaryā€? :)) What ever they make him look like, in 10 years it will look ā€œdatedā€, but guess what, thatā€™s the beauty of statues. They reflect ā€œtraditionā€, something a lot of us here vocally yearn for at this school, but the reality is you canā€™t establish tradition if itā€™s constantly ā€œconfrontedā€ or questioned by folks concerned or embarrassed by anything they consider ā€œold schoolā€, at best, or totally antiquated, at worst.

I have another spiel about ā€œtraditionā€ in another thread that is along these same lines. But I do believe in change, but the reality is, too much change, and/or too fast change negates the concept of tradition. We canā€™t have it both ways.

I took these this afternoon with my phone. On the way out I had to put the car up on the curb and into the grass to make way for one of the largest construction vehicles I have ever seen!

Thanks to all you guys posting these pix! I drove by the school entrance on 29 last week TWICE, but did not have time to drop by.

Looks like they dug a trench through the upper field at the level of the lower field.