Oklahoma State Pregame

Looks like the Cowboys are looking for a player to step up and take this team over. With Carroll sitting over the Adidas scandal OK State is without it’s top 4 scorers from a season ago. The Cowboys are coming off of a win against Pepperdine (78-47). The Cowboys have good height in the back court and front court, but we should match up well with the new size.

There’s a chance we go in there and run them out of their own house. 78 isn’t a lot of points against a body bag team. I guess we’ll really see what Prices team is made of!

clt says we win by 5

Pepperdine>>>>>>>>>>Methodist

[quote=“d_whitley, post:2, topic:31173”]There’s a chance we go in there and run them out of their own house. 78 isn’t a lot of points against a body bag team. I guess we’ll really see what Prices team is made of![/quote]pepperdine is d1 and usually top half of the wcc. They’re far ahead of Methodist.

Um yes this is far and away true. Pepperdine would beat Methodist by the same score we beat Methodist. Methodist doesn’t even give scholarships.

Pepperdine is not the team that they used to be. They are coming off of a 9-22 season last year. I don’t put them in the same category of a Methodist, but they are struggling.

Pepperdine is not the team that they used to be. They are coming off of a 9-22 season last year. I don’t put them in the same category of a Methodist, but they are struggling.[/quote]

If Pepperdine is a “body bag” team, what are we?

Is this game on Fox Sports Go app?

Looks like it is - FOX Sports Live - Watch Live Sports, Shows, and Events Online

Pepperdine is not the team that they used to be. They are coming off of a 9-22 season last year. I don’t put them in the same category of a Methodist, but they are struggling.[/quote]

If Pepperdine is a “body bag” team, what are we?[/quote]

We’re hopefully on the up and up and they’re currently pretty down. I think this should be a W.

We’ll find that out on Monday.

Pepperdine was not expected to do much of anything this season, but Oklahoma State beat them but just as much as they wanted to. It was a slow game (only 70 possessions) and they were down a player, so they probably took the foot off the throttle early. They also held Pepperdine to 47 on 70 possessions (.67 PPG) which is really impressive.

If we win, we’ll be sneaking away with it not running away with it, but it will be hard to gauge the quality of the team even if we lose badly, Top 50 teams win big at home a lot. the real important test is Charleston this Saturday.

From Kyle Boone of CBS Sports:

[Quote]Loser: Oklahoma State

Hours before Oklahoma State even began its 2017 season vs. Pepperdine, the school announced that senior guard Jeffrey Carroll – the Big 12’s leading returning scorer and preseason All-Big 12 first team pick – is being withheld from play pending the ongoing internal investigation into the men’s basketball program.

Carroll is undeniably OSU’s best player, and without him, the team picked in the preseason to finish last in the Big 12 might be in for an especially bad season. For now, it’s unclear how long Carroll will be held out, as the school announced he would be withheld “pending the ongoing review of the men’s basketball program.” Any extended time out, though, would spell disaster for the Pokes. It’s hard to imagine anyone starting their season on a worse foot.[/quote]
CBSSports.com: Opening day winners and losers: Young UK struggles, Duke doubles up on good news

[quote=“Run49er, post:14, topic:31173”]From Kyle Boone of CBS Sports:

[Quote]Loser: Oklahoma State

Hours before Oklahoma State even began its 2017 season vs. Pepperdine, the school announced that senior guard Jeffrey Carroll – the Big 12’s leading returning scorer and preseason All-Big 12 first team pick – is being withheld from play pending the ongoing internal investigation into the men’s basketball program.

Carroll is undeniably OSU’s best player, and without him, the team picked in the preseason to finish last in the Big 12 might be in for an especially bad season. For now, it’s unclear how long Carroll will be held out, as the school announced he would be withheld “pending the ongoing review of the men’s basketball program.” Any extended time out, though, would spell disaster for the Pokes. It’s hard to imagine anyone starting their season on a worse foot.[/quote]
CBSSports.com: Opening day winners and losers: Young UK struggles, Duke doubles up on good news
Given that info, this should be the best opportunity for a power conference win since Price has been here. If we get run out of the gym, that’s not a good look. I don’t care if OSU is a power conference school, they were picked to finish last in their conference and they are without their best player. They very likely aren’t going to finish the season with a good record. Losing is acceptable, but I will be very disappointed if we get blown out.

We lead this series 1-0.

We beat them in '79.

So this is a little like us v. Michigan in the 2013 Puerto Rico Tip-Off.

Fire Rose & Price for scheduling our TV debut vs the P5 at the same time as the Panthers.

clt agrees. This wouldn’t happen to the wbb team.

I don’t think you understand how TV scheduling works and the coaches ability to dictate it.

According to Stubhub tickets are going for a little as $2 so I wouldn’t expect too hostile of a crowd tonight in Stillwater.