Old copies of games?

I’m Brendan Plavich’s wife and I’m trying to digitize some of his old games, but I thought I’d see if anyone has any or highlights already from the 2003-2004 & 2004-2005 seasons.

Thanks for any help! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be great, especially so Hill could watch a real coach and his Niner great teams. Your husband had fantastic range

Thanks! Those were fun years, for sure.

Have you by chance asked the AD and if so, what was their response? I would assume the AD has more than anyone here could provide or what is already on YouTube.

1 Like

When’s the last time we had a player chuck up 17 3pt attempts in a single game??? That happened more than once. And make 10 of them. I’ll have to look back at some of Goodwires attempts per game.

Hadn’t thought to, but that’s a good suggestion. Thank you!

Brendan was one of my favorite players.
Your best bet would be to reach out to Tom Whitestone. He was the media relations contact for basketball during those years, and most likely has a nice archive saved somewhere. Contact info at the link below from the staff directory.

Also found this just doing a youtube search - some cool footage that took me back to the glory days for a bit…

8 Likes

That’s what Charlotte basketball used to be about! Look at the crowd. Look at the animated coach on the sideline. Go NINERS!!!

8 Likes

Dang players don’t wear shorts that long and baggy anymore. It’s funny how styles change back and forth over the decades.

3 Likes

I’ve got the 2005 game against Cincinnati on DVD. I was in the ESPN intro to the game with some Gang Green buddies and had someone from the athletic department at the time make me a copy. You have that one? Not sure how I’d go about getting it digitized since laptops these days don’t have a DVD drive, but I’d mail you the physical copy I have if you need it. It’s just been sitting in a binder for 15 years now.

EDIT: When I pulled the DVD out to see if I had both parts (it’s split into two DVDs), the 2004 Louisville game was behind it. Happy to send that out too.

1 Like

The bucket list was awesome to watch. Too bad what we are nowadays

2 Likes

That would be great, if you don’t mind! I’ll send them back to you and give you the digital versions if you want them when I’m finished. I’ll message you our address here in a sec.

Well, I said I was going to message it to you. Am I blind? When I click new message, it won’t let me type anything.

I’m having a granny tech moment, apparently.

1 Like

I messaged you. No worries about sending them back! They’ve been sitting in a binder in a closet for well over 10 years now, so I’ll be glad if they can have even one use. Hoping they work!

1 Like

Lordy - I really am blind. Thanks!

It’s super cool that you guys are doing this. Brendan definitely played in some of the most memorable games in Niner history. Good times!

Also, apologies in advance for all the testosterone around here. Wish we could keep a few more female members engaged. Especially ones passionate about Niner hoops!

I’ve been with Brendan since I was 16 - I’m used to being surrounded by testosterone. And tall people. :sweat_smile:

We’re hoping to make it up that way for a game soon. Probably next season since COVID is running so rampant around here.

3 Likes

clt was in Vegas for the syracuse game. What a ride.

3 Likes

ESPN was agog the day after we blitzed the defending natty champs. What an exhibition of shooting by Plav. An awesome NINER memory.

2 Likes