Old copies of games?

Ah, even closerā€¦in Ringgold. Actually closer to East Ridge.

Dang, you ARE close! Our son goes to Baylor and Iā€™m actually about to head to the Mobile station off exit 350 to pick him up from the bus. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Does he play sports?

No, he played basketball for a while, but it just wasnā€™t his passion. He had a pretty shot though.

He is super into guitar and songwriting.

I have this video of him on YouTube from a few months back (I just uploaded it though):

12 Likes

Wow he has some serious talent! Glad he found something he enjoys. He looks just like Plav!!! Hope to see you guys soon in Halton, I have very fond college memories of Plavā€™s days with us.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That boy needs humbucker

Thank you! If I hadnā€™t given birth to my kids, I wouldnā€™t think they were mine. Those Plavich genes are strong! :sweat_smile:

He has a different guitar now and got some pedal thingie (I had to go back and look - a noise gate - I know nothing about guitars, so Iā€™m having to learn on the fly) for the interference, so maybe similar? Iā€™ll ask him!

He has a Schecter Guitar Research Demon now and itā€™s a much cleaner sound. He got a Flying V for his birthday, but got too frustrated trying to keep it tuned. Weā€™re trading that one in. My dad is restoring his Fender Coronado II for him too, which is special.

Totally different world than athletics, but weā€™re learning!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great. You canā€™t have too many guitars or go wrong with only one great luthier. Guitarist spend half there life tuning a guitar and the other half playing out of tune. Some nice locking tuners a a simple upgrade to keep the Flying V in tune

Didnā€™t even know those were a thing! He was really excited about that guitar, so if he could find a way to make it work, heā€™d be thrilled. Iā€™ll do some research with him tonight! :heart:

guitar shredding GIF

1 Like

Kevin at Smiling Moon Guitars will fix it up in Charlotte

1 Like

Oh my. I rather like those. Would love to play one. Iā€™m no shredder though - I prefer strumming.

What color is his? Iā€™ve seen several variations.

1 Like

I think my dad called it sunburst. I know itā€™s yellow in the middle like that one, but itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve seen it so I canā€™t remember exactly. :grimacing:

Nathan is all about 90s metal and grunge right now.

1 Like

Yep thatā€™s a sunburst there. I have a similar type of guitar by Gretsch but mine is black.

That one I have pictured is probably $12,000.

Speaking of 90s grunge - Dave Grohl from Nirvana / Foo Fighters I think plays a baby blue Coronado.

big_dave-grohl

Great guitar. Easy player and sounds awesome. I love the inline / sequential tuners on the headstock too (sorry guitar geek stuff). Just easier to live with.

1 Like

I love the sunburst on those.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe you have a kid that ageā€¦you were just here a couple years ago !
We are getting old :smirk:

3 Likes

$12,000?! Iā€™m going to have to make sure he understands how to take care of that thing. We were talking about it this morning and he was shocked I knew about the Dave Grohl thing. He was like, yes! Yes, he does! But then I had to confess you told me and thatā€™s the only reason I know. Ha!

And tell me about it, ninerJ. In my head, weā€™re still 22. But then I look in the mirror - maybe I should just get rid of those. lol

1 Like

Nathan informed me this morning that he does indeed have a humbucker on both of his newer guitars (or something similar anyway). Then he started talking guitar speak and totally lost me!

Oh! A Syracuse memory just hit me that I donā€™t think was ever shared.

The night before the game, Brendanā€™s dad, Brendan, and Sager were talking in the hotel. His dad asked them if they had to choose, would they rather beat Syracuse or hit ten threes. They both said beat Syracuse, but hitting ten threes would be wild.

And then the next dayā€¦Brendan got both.

:basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball::basketball:

12 Likes