Olsen arrested

Suspension is not enough, IMO. If it was a guy whoā€™d been with us from the beginning of his career and had no prior character concerns, itā€™d be one thingā€¦ but this isnā€™t that.

This isnā€™t a case of ā€œguilty until proven innocentā€ either. Nobody is playing judge or jury here.

What this is is a kid who we took a chance on. Heā€™d had a sordid history before he came here, gotten kicked off of the teams at Miami and Towson. He was on a zero-tolerance tightrope.

Whether he actually is guilty or not, he put himself in this position and as a result has cast a negative light on a young program. There should be no place for that on our roster. Full stop.

[quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:21, topic:30820ā€]Suspension is not enough, IMO. If it was a guy whoā€™d been with us from the beginning of his career and had no prior character concerns, itā€™d be one thingā€¦ but this isnā€™t that.

This isnā€™t a case of ā€œguilty until proven innocentā€ either. Nobody is playing judge or jury here.

What this is is a kid who we took a chance on. Heā€™d had a sordid history before he came here, gotten kicked off of the teams at Miami and Towson. He was on a zero-tolerance tightrope.

Whether he actually is guilty or not, he put himself in this position and as a result has cast a negative light on a young program. There should be no place for that on our roster. Full stop.[/quote]

I suspect suspension is just following a process they have in place to protect the school from legal ramifications. Suspension, then termination of relationship after the proper communication and investigation. I am pretty sure they have a defined process they follow regardless of the individual or action.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:22, topic:30820ā€][quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:21, topic:30820ā€]Suspension is not enough, IMO. If it was a guy whoā€™d been with us from the beginning of his career and had no prior character concerns, itā€™d be one thingā€¦ but this isnā€™t that.

Whether he actually is guilty or not, he put himself in this position and as a result has cast a negative light on a young program. There should be no place for that on our roster. Full stop.[/quote]

I suspect suspension is just following a process they have in place to protect the school from legal ramifications. Suspension, then termination of relationship after the proper communication and investigation. I am pretty sure they have a defined process they follow regardless of the individual or action.[/quote]Agreed, NWA. They have a process and are handling things they way they should be. You have to let the process run its course, then take final action.

Some pretty awful details emerging from todayā€™s court appearance. Kevin needs some serious mental help.

The details seem a bit too severe for a living-in-brothers-shadow issue. He has some deep seated psychosis usually only exhibited by someone who has been severely traumatized. I hope whatever the issue is, he gets help, because he is not gonna get better on his own. If he is ever gonna have a life again (after prison or whatever punishment he is given), and not be a threat to others, he must get help.

Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issueā€¦ Granted Olsenā€™s history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

The thought process in bringing him aboard is going to get second guessed big time.

Considering his parents moved here to watch him, & his brother was runner up for Man of the Year, I think he was due a risk.

Released on $103K bond, I wouldnā€™t pay more than $1K for one of my kids. The jail can keep 'em.

Not to blame the victim, but why would you meet up with him, AFTER he threatened to kill you. WTH?

[quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:27, topic:30820ā€]Considering his parents moved here to watch him, & his brother was runner up for Man of the Year, I think he was due a risk.

Released on $103K bond, I wouldnā€™t pay more than $1K for one of my kids. The jail can keep 'em.

Not to blame the victim, but why would you meet up with him, AFTER he threatened to kill you. WTH?[/quote]people do dumb things for love. She probably just thought he was being drunk and dumb.

Unfortunately, it turned into a serious situation. If there is any silver lining in this, at least he didnā€™t live up to the death threat.

From the details emerging this morning, sounds like he should be on suicide watch. After already threatening to kill himself, and now probably coming to the realization that his life is over for all intents and purposes, he should probably be under 24hr watch.

yes

[quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:27, topic:30820ā€]Considering his parents moved here to watch him, & his brother was runner up for Man of the Year, I think he was due a risk.

Not to blame the victim, but why would you meet up with him, AFTER he threatened to kill you. WTH?[/quote]

Giving a victim blaming disclaimer and then blaming the victim is still victim blaming. Just donā€™t do it.

Not to blame the victim, but why would you meet up with him, AFTER he threatened to kill you. WTH?[/quote]

His parents and brother are terrific. But he was an asshole, and didnā€™t change it appears. Some mistakes you canā€™t un-doā€¦ this mistake was a really really big one.

Not going to blame the victim, but immeadiately blaming the victim. Brilliant.

^ if I know an area in east Charlotte isnā€™t the safest place to be walking after darkā€¦ but I do it anyways and I get robbed, Iā€™m not to blame but Iā€™m still an idiot right.

Iā€™m not saying rape and robbery are similar things, Iā€™m more saying that just asking the question why she goes back to him isnā€™t saying she is to blame. She didnā€™t make a smart decision. Much like the next girl that dates him, Greg hardy, etc.

We need to steer clear of this conversation. A young woman was raped. That is inexcusable. End of story.

[quote=ā€œcltniners, post:32, topic:30820ā€]http://deadspin.com/unc-charlotte-quarterback-kevin-olsen-arrested-on-rape-1792557331[/quote] Article says he was" the" quarterback here. Should say he was ā€œaā€ quarterback or ā€œtheā€ third string quarterback.

Iā€™m wondering if he were a little used interior lineman not related to a star NFL player, if this would see so much news time.

You know the answer^

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:26, topic:30820ā€]Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issueā€¦ Granted Olsenā€™s history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

The thought process in bringing him aboard is going to get second guessed big time.[/quote]

I agree. Also, this incident will more than likely prevent coaches from taking a chance on future prospects that ā€œmay have a historyā€.

[quote author=VA49er link=topic=34788.msg681581#msg681581 date=1487688761]

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:26, topic:30820ā€]Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issueā€¦ Granted Olsenā€™s history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

The thought process in bringing him aboard is going to get second guessed big time.[/quote]

I agree. Also, this incident will more than likely prevent coaches from taking a chance on future prospects that ā€œmay have a historyā€.
[/quote
I agree which I donā€™t necessarily see as a bad thing. Obviously people do deserve second chances, but we were his 3rd chance.