Olsen arrested

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:40, topic:30820”][quote=“VA49er, post:39, topic:30820”][quote=“s9er, post:26, topic:30820”]Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issue… Granted Olsen’s history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

The thought process in bringing him aboard is going to get second guessed big time.[/quote]

I agree. Also, this incident will more than likely prevent coaches from taking a chance on future prospects that “may have a history”.
[/quote
I agree which I don’t necessarily see as a bad thing. Obviously people do deserve second chances, but we were his 3rd chance.[/quote]

I could be a bad thing. There are lots of guys that do stupid stuff and deserve a second chance. I fear this incident will make us look away more than we would have previously when it comes to future recruits. For example, will we give guys like Uriah Lemay a second chance going forward?[/quote]

[quote=“VA49er, post:39, topic:30820”][quote=“s9er, post:26, topic:30820”]Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issue… Granted Olsen’s history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

The thought process in bringing him aboard is going to get second guessed big time.[/quote]

I agree. Also, this incident will more than likely prevent coaches from taking a chance on future prospects that “may have a history”.[/quote]
I don’t endorse violence against women, drunk driving, or throwing rocks though windows because your candidate didn’t win–but find me a 6’10" center with some baggage that can play and we can talk about it.

[quote=“Nugget, post:42, topic:30820”][quote=“VA49er, post:39, topic:30820”][quote=“s9er, post:26, topic:30820”]Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issue… Granted Olsen’s history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

I agree. Also, this incident will more than likely prevent coaches from taking a chance on future prospects that “may have a history”.[/quote]
I don’t endorse violence against women, drunk driving, or throwing rocks though windows because your candidate didn’t win–but find me a 6’10" center with some baggage that can play and we can talk about it.[/quote]

^^^^ What he said.

Earnest T. Bass endorsed throwing rocks through windows.

Earnest T had a crush on Charlene Darling. The current protesters live in their parent’s basement playing Doom and have never been on a date.

Just illustrates one of the risks of taking on kids with questionable character/legal issues in their past. Not that the past behavior suggested Olsen would necessarily get violent (though people with consistent drug problems are often very unpredictable). Rather that people will instantly question whether he should’ve been let in and whether the school somehow put students in danger by giving him a scholarship, which they wouldn’t do for an alternative “clean” player that didn’t have past issues. It makes the fallout from these things instantly worse if/when they happen.

Do we know what his “drug problem” is? Rules are rules and all, but if he liked to get together with Demario Mayfield and smoke a joint or two that is very different from being a meth addict. It is still stupid when you know teams drug test players, but smoking pot makes you hungry, not violent.

Olsen’s issues seem to stem from alcohol not drugs.

Earnest T had a crush on Charlene Darling. The current protesters live in their parent’s basement playing Doom and have never been on a date.[/quote] Off topic and a sweeping generalization.

Earnest T had a crush on Charlene Darling. The current protesters live in their parent’s basement playing Doom and have never been on a date.[/quote] Off topic and a sweeping generalization.[/quote]
Did you expect a reference to Earnest T Bass to draw a serious discussion about the self-reliance of malcontents? Do you know who Earnest T Bass is?

Earnest T had a crush on Charlene Darling. The current protesters live in their parent’s basement playing Doom and have never been on a date.[/quote] Off topic and a sweeping generalization.[/quote]
Did you expect a reference to Earnest T Bass to draw a serious discussion about the self-reliance of malcontents? Do you know who Earnest T Bass is?[/quote] So your comment was non serious? Will be ignored then, along with the Bass comment.

clt asks N1ner to pick up the emergency phone. Andy Griffith discussion here

Did you expect a reference to Earnest T Bass to draw a serious discussion about the self-reliance of malcontents? Do you know who Earnest T Bass is?[/quote] So your comment was non serious? Will be ignored then, along with the Bass comment.

I am serious about Andy Griffith, just not about the self-reliance of malcontents

[quote=“49er1, post:55, topic:30820”]http://www.wbtv.com/story/36086833/former-charlotte-49ers-qb-kevin-olsen-to-enter-plea-at-arraignment-on-rape-charge?utm_content=bufferdd09e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer[/quote] Story says “former” quarterback, but the picture caption does not. Makes it look like he’s still the 49ers quarterback. Not sure it matters, this guy turned out to be a disaster either way.

clt has nothing to add.

Unreal. Granted…I wasn’t on the jury and didn’t hear everything…but based on her bruises and injuries from the night in question…how in the hell is he not guilty?

Where’s Alyssa Milano and the #metoo movement on this?

Accuser sent some texts that didn’t help her case: