On to Southern Illinois

Okay, I think we have successfully washed the vile taste of Monmouth from the collective mouth… These 3 games were going to tell us a bunch about this team, two big wins down… 1 to go.

Southern Illinois game will be the toughest of the 3 IMO. I hope we have another huge crowd, and I hope this team comes prepared to battle the best team we will have facted thus far. I’m stoked.

Why don’t we have a Greenout every game?

Southern Ill. is going to be a huge test. They play smothering D and like games in the 50’s. I hope we prepare and come out take em down sat night!! What a game tonight!! Now on to Sat night!! GO NINERS

[QUOTE=somosdel;274063]Southern Ill. is going to be a huge test. They play smothering D and like games in the 50’s. I hope we prepare and come out take em down sat night!! What a game tonight!! Now on to Sat night!! GO NINERS[/QUOTE]
they are not as good on the road because they foul a lot. ref’s are afraid to call the foul’s against them on their home court.

my personal hope all along was to be 9-5 in OOC

they are not as good on the road because they foul a lot. ref's are afraid to call the foul's against them on their home court.

Wish we could get that kind of home cooking.

ref's are afraid to call the foul's against them on their home court.

-That doesn’t seem to be the case about ref’s in Halton. :huh:

[QUOTE=metro;274083]my personal hope all along was to be 9-5 in OOC[/QUOTE]

So would you be happy with loses against SI, Maryland and Clemson and win the rest? For some reason I want more than that.

So would you be happy with loses against SI, Maryland and Clemson and win the rest? For some reason I want more than that.

We all want more, but many understand what reasonable expectations should be. If you want unreasonable expectations here’s your place www.davidsoncats.com, watch these guys dangle at the ledge.

We all want more, but many understand what reasonable expectations should be. If you want unreasonable expectations here's your place [URL=http://www.davidsoncats.com]www.davidsoncats.com[/URL], watch these guys dangle at the ledge.

Agreed. We never expected to be where we are with winning as many as we have early.

That said, if players don’t box out against Southern Illinois, that is one team that will eat our lunch.

[QUOTE=s9er;274048]Okay, I think we have successfully washed the vile taste of Monmouth from the collective mouth… These 3 games were going to tell us a bunch about this team, two big wins down… 1 to go. [/QUOTE]
Yep. If given a choice, I prefer losing to Monmouth and defeating Wake and Davidson instead of the other way around (which is what many predicted we would do before the season).

This will be the toughest game of the year. Southern Illinois is one of the best if not the best mid-major program out there and you know they’ll be taking us seriously after these last two results. Hopefully NINER NATION will show up in full force for this one as well.

I don’t know about toughest of the year… Clemson is currently 18, Xavier is 21…

S. Ill is a defensive team, so are we… Should be a good matchup, but Id say Clemson and Xavier will be tougher. S. Ill will just be different. Now don’t get me wrong, they are a good team, but not the hardest game for the rest of the season.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;274145]I don’t know about toughest of the year… Clemson is currently 18, Xavier is 21…

S. Ill is a defensive team, so are we… Should be a good matchup, but Id say Clemson and Xavier will be tougher. S. Ill will just be different. Now don’t get me wrong, they are a good team, but not the hardest game for the rest of the season.[/QUOTE]

I meant to say toughest of the year so far.

The idea that Clemson might have a better basketball team than SIU might be the craziest I’ve heard this year.

Even crazier than the Davidson fans being so sure they were going to beat up on Charlotte?

edit, they lost by 13 to Indiana… Ga Tech only lost to Indiana by 4.

So yeah, 7-0 Clemson could very well be better.

Even crazier than the Davidson fans being so sure they were going to beat up on Charlotte?

edit, they lost by 13 to Indiana… Ga Tech only lost to Indiana by 4.

So yeah, 7-0 Clemson could very well be better.

The Davidson game, sadly, is over. Move on.

I highly doubt that Clemson would score on SIU, period. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, though, and say that SIU would win, 20-1.

HAHA… I love it.

Being from Illinois, and absolutely loathing that state and everything to do with it, there is nothing I wish for more than a W Saturday. But in order to beat that caliber of team, in my opinion we must play better defense and get a hell of a lot more boards. I know we are a good defensive team, but I saw way too many times tonight against Davidson where we were jogging back or totally had our heads up our asses trying to find the players we were guarding, to me that’s unacceptable, and I’m not talking about guarding Curry, you give that kid any kind of minimal space and he knocks it down. It was the lack of defense on the other four…and I don’t know about anyone else but I was taught the fundamental part of the game called following your shot and crashing the boards. I don’t remember seeing this at all, we all just turn and go down court, maybe 1/5 guys attempting to get the rebound.
These are simple, fundamental aspects of the game that are easy to change, and I hope we can get more production of both, and we will need to, along with not just jacking up 3’s upon every whim.

Having said all of that, Goldwire was absolutely clutch and Coley III is a damn beast.

The idea that Clemson might have a better basketball team than SIU might be the craziest I've heard this year.

no kiddin’… they’re always overrated b/c they schedule weak non-conference teams. i’m hoping me make them regret thinking that we fit under that category

call me crazy, i think we’ll beat maryland and clemson… going 3-1 against the acc this year, and that ain’t bad at all.

GO NINERS!

From what I can tell, they play excellent D, but have struggled recently on offense. If Charlotte can step up their defensive efforts to match, this may very well come down to which team can shoot better for 40 minutes. Hitting FTs will be important, as will taking advantage of every available shot we get.

If we play a sloppy game, as we did against Davidson (poor FT%, consistently missing layups and “easy” shots), this one could be rough. Because it’s on our own court, I like our chances…but SI is definitely not a team to take lightly.