On to Southern Illinois

The Davidson game, sadly, is over. Move on.

Somehow I don’t think this would have been your response if the score had been flipped. You had too much smack leading up to the game.

[QUOTE=tennis08tarheels;274151]The Davidson game, sadly, is over. Move on.

[/QUOTE]

That’s ok, now you can go back rooting for your Heels.

I am really concerned about this game for two reasons… because of the highs of the last two games making the guys drained, and the most important reason, NO TIME TO PREPARE. We had a long time to prepare for Wake and Davidson. Now we just have two days for SIU, which is a better team than both Wake and Davidson. This will be a VERY tough game.

Southern Illinois is one of the best if not the best mid-major program out there

That would be Gonzaga.

SIU will be coming out and playing with intensity. They have dropped their last two against some tough competition in USC and IU. They’ll look to rebound against us. We better be ready for pressure and look for the open man.

This just in: tennis08tarheels is still a douche.

LOL tarheels08 linked our board on theirs.

Thanks for doing that, saved me the time.

They are really frustrated about letting Eric Gordon beat them and about not being able to hit any shots. I wouldn’t worry much about the former, but the latter is a problem. I should probably bump my thread from when I watched them the other night. They definitely seem to have issues scoring on a 2-3 zone. They play it the same way we did last year - pass around the perimeter and then just jack up a shot.

Now, if we can just learn to play zone worth a damn.

SIU will be a great test-> For a whole host of reasons 1) This string of games, fortunately with success for the Niners, is really getting us ready for tournament play-> These are all Trnm Tms IMHO. Davidson is a very good team. 2) SIU is an experienced trnm tm-> They will try to come out and punch us in the mouth right away to dictate the game. They will not collapse if they fall behind. We need to be ready to shut them down and bring it to them. It will need to be relentless play by the Niners.

GO NINERS!!!

Going into this season, with all of our unknowns, SIU and XU were the only two games that I gave us an absolute ZERO shot at winning. Now I feel like every game is winnable. Nice to have that feeling again.

The SIU game worries the hell out of me just because they play a grind it out style of ball. USC absolutely murdered them, so Bobby needs to get some game tape asap. Plus, they owe us one for breaking their home winning streak a few years ago (was that one of Brendans lights out nights?) I still think SIU is one of the better teams in the nation, despite the losing streak.

[QUOTE=s9er;274048]Why don’t we have a Greenout every game?[/QUOTE]

I’ve had a personal GREENOUT for over 30 years. Glad to see you young’uns finally gettin’ “ALL IN”…

SIU is a big game. They’ve been in the Sweet 16 2-3 times in the last decade or something.
Is the game on TV?

SIU is a big game. They've been in the Sweet 16 2-3 times in the last decade or something. Is the game on TV?

TWC, like always

SIU is a big game. They've been in the Sweet 16 2-3 times in the last decade or something. Is the game on TV?
In the tournament six years straight. Two sweet sixteens in that time period. Is this game on espn360 or anything similar? I think someone on our site said this game might be available from Yahoo, but the service costs $5/month.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;274361]TWC, like always[/QUOTE]

This game is not televised.

We are putting ourselves in a position to have a very good record this year, with SILL, MD and Clemson. If we take 2 out of these 3 we could end up with a 19 win plus season.

We are putting ourselves in a position to have a very good record this year, with SILL, MD and Clemson. If we take 2 out of these 3 we could end up with a 19 win plus season.

If we go 19-11, strong candidates for the 11 losses would be SILL, MD, and Clemson.

Our role in those 3 games is that of the underdog. Underdogs should not look ahead towards taking 2 out of 3.

We gotta make some noise and keep the refs honest in order to just beat So. Illinois. It ain’t gonna be easy, as we really don’t match up well with slow-paced, defensive-minded teams. Doesn’t mean we can’t win…but we’ll have to be at our absolute best.

This game is not televised.

Man, I was planning on that. Our firm Christmas prevents me from showing up in person.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;274538]Man, I was planning on that. Our firm Christmas prevents me from showing up in person.[/QUOTE]
I’ve got the same problem. Last year it was during the Davidson game. I guess I will have to rely on text message updates… :sad:

Nice to know I’m not the only one who has a X-mas party to attend Saturday night.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;274548]Nice to know I’m not the only one who has a X-mas party to attend Saturday night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you would think that with 85% of our staff having attended Charlotte it wouldn’t be a problem… Oh well. I can’t pass up an evening at [URL=http://www.bentleyson27.com/]Bentley’s 27th[/URL] with an open bar. :shades: