OOC Schedule Predictions

I looked up VCR on google and it says it is a Video Cassette Recorder. What is a video cassette? :smile:

I have no time to explain the unlimited, awesome technology…but my awesome HI-FI 4 Head On Screen Display VHS HQ from Magnavox will definitely have me covered for the Panthers game. It has already saved me for numerous Hurricanes games.

7-6

…a day after they play Davidson. Looks like some good practice, hehheh.

http://www.athletics.uoguelph.ca/Varsity_Sport/Teams/Basketball-_Men

My God… If we dont absolutely mop the floor with these guys, we are in trouble. This needs to be a game were even Kyle Church gets his shots. Im talkin serious blowout…

We beat them 97-67 two years ago up there with a less athletic team. I’m not worried.:49ers:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;195075]My God… If we dont absolutely mop the floor with these guys, we are in trouble. This needs to be a game were even Kyle Church gets his shots. Im talkin serious blowout…[/QUOTE]
But! How much will we be using this as a situational game? We have a lot of new guys and things it’s better to try in an exhibition than a regular season game. Will we use this as that or should that realistically be worked out in practice? Isn’t this what an exhibition is for? If we lose, that is going to be my claim. But, if we do play serious, things to consider from a skim over their roster: they some how have a guy with 5 years of eligability and no true center.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;195349]If we lose…[/QUOTE]

…I will move to Iceland.

[QUOTE=X-49er;194360][B]Hofstra[/B] - W - This might be an upset in some people’s minds
[B]North Texas[/B] W
[B]@Syracuse[/B] - L - Can lightning strike twice? Roberts has big night against us, I predict
[B]Georgia State [/B]- W
[B]@Mississippi State[/B] - W - Just show last year’s game tape for motivation. U-G-L-Y
[B]@Indiana[/B] - L - I think we will play them much tougher than last year
[B]UNC Asheville[/B] - W
[B]@Davidson[/B] - W - This will be a close, hard- fought game
Rainbow 1 - [B]Houston[/B] - L - Both of the Cougar’s guards are on the pre-season All-CUSA team and they are picked to finish 2nd in CUSA :ohmy:
Rainbow 2 - [B]Valpo[/B] - W - We owe them for the spanking in Halton two years ago
Rainbow 3 - [B]Wyoming[/B] - W - We owe them an @$$ whooping also
[B]Wofford[/B] - W
[B]Louisiana-Lafayette[/B] - W [/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]
This is about right.
[B][SIZE=4]10-3[/SIZE][/B].[/COLOR]

W…[COLOR=SeaGreen][I]11/4…Guelph[/I][/COLOR]
**Exhibition. will not be a blow out, but we’ll run the floor

W…[COLOR=SeaGreen][I]11/11…Hofstra[/I][/COLOR]
**Tough game, but the home crowd will prove as a catalyst for once

W…[COLOR=SeaGreen][I]11/12…North Texas[/I][/COLOR]
**Not as easy as it should be, but a come back in the second half with a load of 3’s will bring us the W

L…11/22…Syracuse
**Would like to see it, but the new squad won’t be able to hold a lead from half time

W…[COLOR=seagreen][I]11/25…Georgia State[/I][/COLOR]
**This is where we see the gel! Are you gellin’?

W…11/29…Mississippi State
**Payback

W…12/2…Indiana
**Payback x 2. This year we’ll actually hit our 3’s, but few fans will be there to put it in their faces…

W…[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/4…UNC Asheville[/I][/COLOR]
**Easy win.

W…12/9…Davidson
**Count it as a home game. Tough one, with a lot of perimeter shooting.

W…L…W…12/21…Huston (Rainbow Classic Tourney)
**Take a W 1st round, but struggle second because of distractions by the island natives. Finish it up with a W.

W…[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/31…Wofford[/I][/COLOR]
**No one will be at the game because a Sunday New Years Eve is [B][I]not[/I][/B] a good scheduling day

L…[COLOR=seagreen][I]2/13…Louisiana-Lafayette[/I][/COLOR]
**Unfortunately, this will be too close. Maybe Delhomme will be there since that’s his Alma Matter.

10-3
I know this is not conservative, but I’m starting to bleed green and I definitely have eye sight problems as everything looks green…

Go Niners!

:49ers:

Chevee wants me to toss in my two cents but, since I don’t really have an opinion until after I see us play… some one elses will have to do.

<–[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]gratuitous Google image[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Hofstra (#7) and Creighton (#8) made Luke Winn’s “Top 10 Backcourts” on SI.com:

Luke Winn’s Top 10 Backcourts

In addition, Gary Parrish tabbed Hofstra the preseason favorite to win the CAA and advance to the Big Dance.

Conference preview: Colonial Athletic Association

Just took a glance at the Guelph website to see how our competition is doing so far. After 6 games, the Gryphons are 0-6. [A team of UG “All-Stars” did beat Indiana State over the Labor Day Weekend, but also lost to Florida 29 and Libscomb by 6.]

Anyway, they play Davidson on Friday and wrap up their swing through Mecklenburg County with the Niners on Saturday.

Guelph Gryphons Men’s Basketball

[QUOTE=run49er;195764]Hofstra (#7) and Creighton (#8) made Luke Winn’s “Top 10 Backcourts” on SI.com:
[/QUOTE]

Houston got snubbed from the list. Both of their guards (Oliver Lafayette and Lanny Smith) made the pre-season All-CUSA team (voted by the CUSA coaches) to only one of Memphis’ (Chris Douglas-Roberts). If we manage to beat the Cougars in the first round of the Rainbow, we will likely get another stern backcourt test the next night with Creighton. Carlos and Lee, time to rise up.

bump

[QUOTE=ninerID;194239]if we lose to davidson I will not be at the next home game.[/QUOTE]

You sticking to that? Can’t say I blame you… :dry:

You sticking to that? Can't say I blame you... :dry:

at this point I am working with Bobby to see if i have some eligibilty. I am 6’2 and I can rebound.

at this point I am working with Bobby to see if i have some eligibilty. I am 6'2 and I can rebound.

I hope you can shoot the three (notice I didn’t say “and make it”) and sit around on defense.

7-6

I guess I was right…