Opener @ JMU 11/6

I hope coach gets them playing D like his old school UVA

1 Like

Only 17.5% of the minutes were played by players who have played the pack defense in a game against an opponent outside of scrimmages. We will be ok in time. Last year we had similar issues to start the season. We just need guys to stick around for 4 years.

1 Like

I watched and am no expert, but defense was not good most of the game. New guys were getting beat and ended up chasing and reaching. Gave up a lot of easy baskets. Rebounding was subpar too.

On offense, when they went to the zone, we didn’t know how to attack. We just passed along the perimeter and took 3’s. On rare occasion we penetrated zone, we were pretty successful. I think they played zone pretty much whole game after our initial run that got us up 12.

I have faith that everything we saw, RS saw and is working to either correct where possible or mitigate where not.

FWIW, been doing some post game reading and see that Dukes were without starting JR 6-8/250 PF Dwight Wilson, who is injured. Averaged 10.2 ppg and 7.8 rpg last season.