Opening day...

[SIZE=4]LET’S GO…[/SIZE]

!!!

I’m fairly sure that my New York Mets cleaned house in the NL East last season. Don’t expect that to change this year. Last night was just a teaser as to what the Mets have in store for MLB this season.

[QUOTE=franchise49er;228835]I’m fairly sure that my New York Mets cleaned house in the NL East last season. Don’t expect that to change this year. Last night was just a teaser as to what the Mets have in store for MLB this season.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are on pace to go 162-0…only a mets fan…

Yeah, Charlotte2002, perhaps the Mets should’ve pursued Carl Pavano. Didn’t wanna go slummin it. Enjoy your season. HAHAHAHA

when I say.

Let’s go PIRATES.

Tintin

I am sure I will catch hell for this but I am a big Braves fan! GO BRAVES!!!

[QUOTE=franchise49er;228838]Yeah, Charlotte2002, perhaps the Mets should’ve pursued Carl Pavano. Didn’t wanna go slummin it. Enjoy your season. HAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Funny coming from a fan of the team that traded Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano…

GO BRAVES !!!

We’ll let the Mets win one division title every 15 years, don’t expect that to change. Get used to it!

Opening Day used to be my favorite sports day of the year, after the opening 2 days of the NCAA tournament.

But now… bleh.

Someone at ESPN supposedly “admitted” that they view baseball this way:

the Red Sox & the Yankees and everyone else is basicly the Washington Generals.

Being an NL fan, that sums it up. I’m tired of the huge payrolls. The sport needs some sort of parity.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;228732]Is here (uh-huh). Any baseball fans out there? This is the year the Braves start the new streak of owning the East. :toast:[/QUOTE]

Here’s a streak for you. this will be the second year in a row that the Braves finish in 3rd place.

Come on bust, you can't hate baseball. BASEBALL. It's not the most exciting sport in the world, but, I mean, BASEBALL. BASEBALL.

I’ve never seen cricket before, but I’ve heard it’s entertaining.

Sorry. I want to like baseball. I really do. But it just sux too hard. If they would finally get a damn cap in place and kick out all the meat neck steroid users, I might like it more. If they could speed up the game, I’d be a lot more inclined. And I think they need to make the leauge smaller or make there be less games. 100 whatever is ridiculous. NBA has like 82 and thats way too many.

I've heard from people who have watched cricket that it is the most boring, drawn out sporting event of all time. It makes Baseball seem like a fast paced Suns/Mavs game from this year.
I think they were wrong or watched a bad game. Then again, I saw a very good game so I may also have a distorted perception. But I don't see how anything could be slower than baseball. Baseball takes like a minute to get 2 damn pitches in. Cricket can go through 4 overs in a minute I bet. And the pitchers don't stand around wasting time or throwing to check first base every other minute.

FACT: A 3 hour game of baseball was clocked with a stopwatch when action started and stopped, and was found to have something like 9 minutes of actually play in it.

I’ve been a Red Sox fan since way back in the day. Not quite sure how it started, but I follow them.

On a side note, CharSF, I love the signature pic! :thumbsup:

On a side note, CharSF, I love the signature pic! :thumbsup:
Me too! I want that shirt! :clap:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;228834][SIZE=4]LET’S GO…[/SIZE]

!!![/QUOTE]
Wait… you are a white sox fan? I think I knew that, but I’m not sure how…

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;228868]Opening Day used to be my favorite sports day of the year, after the opening 2 days of the NCAA tournament.

But now… bleh.

Someone at ESPN supposedly “admitted” that they view baseball this way:

the Red Sox & the Yankees and everyone else is basicly the Washington Generals.

Being an NL fan, that sums it up. I’m tired of the huge payrolls. The sport needs some sort of parity.[/QUOTE]

The Yankees have proven that eventually money won’t buy championships. You can get all the bats you want, but when you don’t have any young prospects coming up and consistently rely on old signees like Randy Johnson (well last couple of years) and sign pitchers that have one good season (Jaret Wright) it parlays to you losing in the playoffs.

The Red Sox on the other hand has won 2 WS over the stretch of something like 80 years? They are far from dominant.

[QUOTE=franchise49er;228835]I’m fairly sure that my New York Mets cleaned house in the NL East last season. Don’t expect that to change this year. Last night was just a teaser as to what the Mets have in store for MLB this season.[/QUOTE]

Big deal, 1 freakin season where you actually win the NL East Title, now how about the 14 years before that? GO BRAVES!

High payrolls can keep you in the playoffs every year, but it doesn’t equate to championships.

[QUOTE=49or bust;228873]FACT: A 3 hour game of baseball was clocked with a stopwatch when action started and stopped, and was found to have something like 9 minutes of actually play in it.[/QUOTE]

There’s always something happening that affects the game. The pitcher looks down the runner on second with one out, or an infield shift, or you can watch the players in the dugout trying to steal the signs. Baseball is not action packed like basketball and football, but if you want to give it time and attention, it is anything but boring