OT: Beasley moves to No. 1 post-summer

Iā€™m not sure about Baldwin and Jobey but Iā€™m pretty sure Basden was a two star when he decided to sign with Umass which wouldnā€™t put him in a top hundred list. Also add Curt to that list.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;184484]Iā€™m not sure about Baldwin and Jobey but Iā€™m pretty sure Basden was a two star when he decided to sign with Umass which wouldnā€™t put him in a top hundred list.[/QUOTE]

From my recollection, Jobey was basically top 125, Baldwin was just in the top 100 (like 98 or 99), and Basden was definitely in the top 100 at around, in the 80ā€™s range.

I guess itā€™s which Recruiting site you go by, also Deangelo was top 50-100.

Persinger heres some reading from the casual O fan just for the hell of it [URL=http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=99629&page=3]http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=99629&page=3[/URL]

[QUOTE=mineshaft;184483]Letā€™s think through our recent Top 100 recruits that we have had. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong my memory is a little hazy:

DeMarco Johnson
Jobey Thomas
Eddie Basden
Mitch Baldwin
Martin Iti
Charles Hayward
Tory Reed

The the prep route: Rodney White
Demon Brown
Dee Tolliver

Not sure about:
Dalonte Hill
Diego Guevara

I know not all of these guys panned out. But at least we were getting them.[/QUOTE]

Weā€™ve pretty much continued that trend other than the 2005 class which consisted of Coleman, Jamison, Mullis, and Courtney Williams. Mullis was a 3 star on Rivals. The others, zero stars. I started a new thread on this topic.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;184477]Mike also saw the new top 150 but chose to rub Beasley in our face. At least it looked that wayā€¦I agree with the rest of you. Mike does like to needle us, no doubt.[/QUOTE]

i hear david poole put him up to it.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;184486]I guess itā€™s which Recruiting site you go by, also Deangelo was top 50-100.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you are getting that, Three. every list I have seen has had Deangelo in the top 25 overall.

Not sure if it was exact just figured with his stars and offers that heā€™d be in that range. I think the number I remember was 46, right around 50.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;184476]Lutz my man Iā€™m not sure what all this 7% talk is but Beasley isnā€™t coming, mark that one down.[/QUOTE]

I donā€™t know if you can believe Beasley till he signs. Even if its not K-State, it might be Pitt, but I donā€™t think this is over. It is most likely, but my main point is that its ok to still have threads and information about Beasley since he was a major focus of a significant number of niners fans and Mike is right- we (a significant number of us) will be tracking his success at KSU or wherever.

Dear Mombeasy,

If you are reading this, please send your child to Charlotte.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;184444]You guys sure are testy. If the mods want to delete the thread, so be it. If Lefty posted it, though, my doing it canā€™t be too bad. Every school loses recruits on occassion. Iā€™m always still interested in kids schools we cover lose and how they do elsewhere. Tell me you wonā€™t watch how Beasley does at K-State, even if itā€™s only to hope for a train wreck.[/QUOTE]

For the record, I have as much interest in following Beasley as I do in following Martin Iti.

[QUOTE=NormanNiner;184514]For the record, I have as much interest in following Beasley as I do in following Martin Iti.[/QUOTE]

I actually have more interest in Iti than Beasley since Iti played for us. Afterall, our ā€œfavoriteā€ Aussie is going to lead the New Mexico State Aggies to back-to-back national championships over the next couple of seasons! :rolleyes:

Lefty wrote: Beasley is now number one. (subject-timeframe-news)

I wrote: OT: Beasley moves to No. 1 post-summer (ignore this topic disclaimer, subject-action verb-news-timeframe).

Other than that and the emoticon he used, whatā€™s the difference? That Iā€™m not a green-glasses grad?

In the newspaper business, we try to put the why-you-should-care part in the headline. If you see that as a needle ā€¦ I canā€™t help you. Classic shooting of the messenger. FWIW, I donā€™t read the recruiting forum.

This really isnā€™t a big deal to me, butā€¦ My point was to look at our current targets rankings in the new top 150, not to point out where Beasley is. I guess thatā€™s the difference in the choice of subject lines. You could have led with 3 Niner targets in the top 150. Probably would go over better in a forum devoted to the Charlotte 49ers. Oh well.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;184560] You could have led with 3 Niner targets in the top 150. Probably would go over better in a forum devoted to the Charlotte 49ers. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, dude. Like I said, I donā€™t read the recruiting forum, and since that list made you click on each kid to get their list of schools, I didnā€™t take the time.

NinerReport lists Niner targets with new ranking. Again, no big deal, to me anyways. Actually, there are 4 guys in the top 150:

RIVALS150 TARGETS RIVALS150
Prospect Pos. State
41. T. Smith PF NC
66. J. Jones SG PA
104. D. Hudson SG NC
140. C. Barnes PF GA

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;184555]In the newspaper business, we try to put the why-you-should-care part in the headline. [/QUOTE]

You mean like ā€œNiner Fans, Read About YOUR Team On PAGE 8ā€?

Or ā€œOUR TARHEELSā€¦ whateverā€ on PAGE 1?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;184589]You mean like ā€œNiner Fans, Read About YOUR Team On PAGE 8ā€?

Or ā€œOUR TARHEELSā€¦ whateverā€ on PAGE 1?[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s the Over40 I know and love ā€¦

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;184555]
That Iā€™m not a green-glasses grad
[/QUOTE]

so then why do you always hang out on our board? youā€™re not a grad and not a fan of our program.

iā€™ve always assumed you went to unc-chapel hill. itā€™s not like you make it obvious or anything like that. :rolleyes: