OT: Coach firing time

Georgia State fires Michael Perry.

[URL=http://www.ajc.com/search/content/sports/stories/2007/03/04/0305perry.html][B]Georgia State fires coach Perry[/B][/URL], Atlanta Journal-Constitution

[URL=http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=53527&SPID=5655&DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=813751][B]State to Seek New Men’s Basketball Coach[/B][/URL], GeorgiaStateSports.com

Evansville and Denver fired theirs as well.

illionois state fires theirs “lack of progress”

Indiana State fires theirs as well.

May as well add Utah coach Ray Giacoletti who “resigned” last week.

Harvard: Frank Sullivan out after 16 seasons, 178-245. They last made the NCAA torunament in [B]1946[/B].

And…

Colorado - Ricardo Patton
Hawaii - Riley Wallace
Liberty - Randy Dunton
Minnesota - Dan Monson
New Mexico - Ritchie McKay
Radford - Byron Samuels
Santa Clara - Dick Davey

Any chance Cheeks will be a candidate for the Georgia State job?

I expect to see Anthony Solomon’s name on this list any day now as well. He definitely coached his last game on Saturday.

[QUOTE=ninerID;222623]illionois state fires theirs “lack of progress”

Indiana State fires theirs as well.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Valley takes its hoops seriously when 3 of the 10 coaches get canned. I wonder if SIU will be looking for another coach after March Madness. Chris Lowery will be getting a number of calls from ADs looking to fill a vacancy.

I want to be the coach at Harvard.
Damn they give you 16 years of sucking before they fire you. I bet he’s got a good pension, & isn’t a good pension what it’s all about? LOL.
I know who should be fired. The Cincy Pres. Cincy is doing worse than K-State, so that proves she shouldn’t have fired Huggins. And whoever did the firing at Iowa St., they suck compared to their old coach at Southern Cal.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;222715]And whoever did the firing at Iowa St., they suck compared to their old coach at Southern Cal.[/QUOTE]
The one that replaced Tim Floyd did a pretty good job at Iowa State too, until he started drinking the Budweiser. Larry Eustachy is turning Southern Miss around, something I never thought could be done.

[QUOTE]In his five-year career at Iowa State, the two-time Big 12 Coach of the Year led the Cyclones to a101-59 record, back-to-back Big 12 Conference Championships (2000 and 2001) and an AP Top 10 ranking both years (No. 6 in 2000 and No. 10 in2001). His squads made consecutive trips to the NCAA Tournament in 2000 (32-5) and 2001 (25-6),advancing as far as the Elite 8 in 2000, and made a third trip to postseason, with a visit to the NIT Tournament in 2003.[/QUOTE]

Charlotte - Bobby Lutz…

What a dream I just had.

Charlotte - Bobby Lutz......................

What a dream I just had.

Lets say we get absolutely trounced on Wed, does anything happen?

No because Judy Rose is a moron. And as long as there is Judy there will be Bobby.

Robert McCullum out at South Florida after 4 years, 40-76.

Joe DeSantis will not return to Quinnipiac next season. 11 years, 118-188, helped them move from DII to DI.

San Diego’s Brad Holland let go after 13 years. 18-14 this year, 200-176 overall, 1 NCAA appearance.

Northern Illinois canned Rob Judson after 6 seasons, 74-101.

Ron Jirsa was fired at Marshall this morning, 4 years, 43-74.

Time for the Mountain West to do some “house cleaning”…

Colorado State dumps Dale Layer (one-time D-II Queens of Charlotte head coach) after 7 seasons, 103-106 (31-71 MWC).

Wyoming pink slips Steve McClain after nine years and a record of 157-115 (67-63 MWC).

They want winners in the state of Colorado… Colorado, Colorado State and Denver postions are open.

Currently 23 Division I schools are looking for a new head coach.

Colorado, Ricardo Patton
Colorado State, Dale Layer
Denver, Terry Carroll
Evansville, Steve Merfeld
Georgia State, Michael Perry
Harvard, Frank Sullivan
Hawaii, Riley Wallace
Illinois State, Porter Moser
Indiana State, Royce Waltman
Liberty, Randy Dunton
Marshall, Ron Jirsa
Minnesota, Dan Monson
New Mexico, Ritchie McKay
Northern Illinois, Rob Judson
Quinnipiac, Joe DeSantis
Radford, Byron Samuels
San Diego, Brad Holland
Santa Clara, Dick Davey
South Florida, Robert McCullum
Southern Utah, Bill Evans
Saint Bonaventure, Anthony Solomon
Utah, Ray Giacoletti
Wyoming, Steve McClain

[QUOTE=franchise49er;222730]Charlotte - Bobby Lutz…

What a dream I just had.[/QUOTE]
ROFL…you gotta laugh,beats crying!

[QUOTE=run49er;224318]Time for the Mountain West to do some “house cleaning”…

Colorado State dumps Dale Layer (one-time D-II Queens of Charlotte head coach) after 7 seasons, 103-106 (31-71 MWC).

Wyoming pink slips Steve McClain after nine years and a record of 157-115 (67-63 MWC).[/QUOTE]

Wow, everyone thought he was an up and comer just a couple years ago. They lost in their conference tournament finals just last year I remember. Although they did lose to us this year, thats a bad sign.

[QUOTE=HP49er;224332]They want winners in the state of Colorado… Colorado, Colorado State and Denver postions are open.[/QUOTE]
Colorado is going after AFA’s Jeff Bzdelik.

BTW, I thought it was sort of odd that this morning’s Observer mentioned the dismissals of Jirsa at Marshall and McClain at Wyoming but not Layer at CSU – especially since Layer has ties to Charlotte as the former coach at Queens. Hmmm…