OT: Coach firing time

UMKC fire’s theirs

With all of the talk of coaches getting fired, I thought I’d add an optimistic post to the bunch and let everybody know that I just got hired as a coach for the Brian Adrien Basketball camps, and I am starting this Sunday. I almost did not accept, bc of the small signing bonus they offered, but then I saw the opportunity to talk any of the extremely good HS players attending the camp into going to Charlotte, and I went for it. Also, next step for me has got to be D1 bball. I say this bc I’ve already got experience taking High Point University to a National Championship in the current video game I am playing. So I’d like to take this moment and offer my services, if Charlotte wants them, to be the next coach of the 49ers. I think I’ve earned it. Who’s with me?!?

With all of the talk of coaches getting fired, I thought I'd add an optimistic post to the bunch and let everybody know that I just got hired as a coach for the Brian Adrien Basketball camps, and I am starting this Sunday. I almost did not accept, bc of the small signing bonus they offered, but then I saw the opportunity to talk any of the extremely good HS players attending the camp into going to Charlotte, and I went for it. Also, next step for me has got to be D1 bball. I say this bc I've already got experience taking High Point University to a National Championship in the current video game I am playing. So I'd like to take this moment and offer my services, if Charlotte wants them, to be the next coach of the 49ers. I think I've earned it. Who's with me?!?

sure why not

sure why not

Awesome, good start to my campaign. For the rest of you who haven’t given me your vote of confidence yet, here’s a few things I promise:

1. My team will not average 35 threes/game
  2. We will play defense
  3. I will have plays that we can score on off of inbounds passes
  4. We will not come out after half time looking like we took a nap during half time
  5. Players that continue to make the same mistakes over and over will be benched

Those are just a few “new” ideas that will be added to Charlotte’s play if I am brought in to coach the team.

With all of the talk of coaches getting fired, I thought I'd add an optimistic post to the bunch and let everybody know that I just got hired as a coach for the Brian Adrien Basketball camps, and I am starting this Sunday. I almost did not accept, bc of the small signing bonus they offered, but then I saw the opportunity to talk any of the extremely good HS players attending the camp into going to Charlotte, and I went for it. Also, next step for me has got to be D1 bball. I say this bc I've already got experience taking High Point University to a National Championship in the current video game I am playing. So I'd like to take this moment and offer my services, if Charlotte wants them, to be the next coach of the 49ers. I think I've earned it. Who's with me?!?

With High Point? Dude, I won two with Western Illinois and one with Northern Colorado… I am much, muuuuuuch more qualified!

Has anyone else picked up on the fact that an available coach in the event of Bobby’s departure includes the recently-deposed coach of Wyoming? I know Chancellor Dubois doesn’t have a hand in hiring athletic coaches, but the connection might make that hire more likely IMO. Or am I way off base here…

With High Point? Dude, I won two with Western Illinois and one with Northern Colorado... I am much, muuuuuuch more qualified!

Damn, you’re good. Are you going for the Charlotte job, cause I think I’m in over my head if you are.

[QUOTE=ninerID;224531]UMKC fire’s theirs[/QUOTE]
Rich Zvosec was 12-20 this season, 84-91 over six years.

Bowling Green - Dan Dakich, 13-18 this season, 156-140 overall, 10 years, was offered the WVU job before Belien 5 years ago but turned it down.

Chicago State - Kevin Jones, 31-90, 4 years

UC Riverside - David Spencer, 1 season, had taken an earlier medical leave for unknown illness in November

[B][U]HIRED[/U][/B]
Southern Utah - Roger Reid, former BYU head coach from 1989-96.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;224569]Or am I way off base here…[/QUOTE]
Yes, I would say so.

[QUOTE=run49er;224658]Yes, I would say so.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Fair enough. The connection just stood out to me.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;224664]:lol: Fair enough. The connection just stood out to me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should stick to directing bands and announcing baseball games. :biggrin:

According to Gregg Doyel, GW’s Karl Hobbs is interested in the USF job.

Sportsline.com: O’Neill, Schroyer close to landing head coaching gigs again

Damn, you're good. Are you going for the Charlotte job, cause I think I'm in over my head if you are.

Na, I got hired by Syracuse. Charlotte wouldn’t fire their coach due to mediocrity.

According to Gregg Doyel, GW's Karl Hobbs is interested in the USF job.

Sportsline.com: O’Neill, Schroyer close to landing head coaching gigs again

If true Hobbs would be the front runner IMO. Especially if he wins his first round game.

Na, I got hired by Syracuse. Charlotte wouldn't fire their coach due to mediocrity.

Yea, I’ve moved on from High Point, I’m currently coaching Layola (Ill) and we are in the finals of the NCAA. Charlotte hasn’t offered me yet either, I guess they like the coach they have.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;224830]If true Hobbs would be the front runner IMO. Especially if he wins his first round game.[/QUOTE]

Hobbs certainly didn’t help his case today. GW was down 41-14 when I turned it off. They went 11:35 between field goals at one point. Every time Hobbs would call a timeout, GW would turn the ball over. They looked like they should have been a 16 seed.

amaker out at michigan

wow beat me to it by a minute… couldn’t find this thread for some reason. Anyone trying to get him here to replace Lutz?

wow beat me to it by a minute... couldn't find this thread for some reason. Anyone trying to get him here to replace Lutz?

Absolutely not. Amaker never should have gotten the job to begin with. Top that off with he never did anything while there we certainly don’t need him here.

Absolutely not. Amaker never should have gotten the job to begin with. Top that off with he never did anything while there we certainly don't need him here.

very true, lutz has been to the tourney way more than him. However, in his one time, Amaker won more games, than lutz ever has.