Other school's gear on campus - log

I usually just post in the shoutbox, but I wanted to start a thread to keep track of all the times I see other school’s gear on our campus.

Please contribute and post whenever you see other school’s gear on campus. I’m not sure what this will accomplish. Maybe some who are guilty will see the thread and change their ways. I don’t know. I thought it would be interesting to keep track.

First in the log - Yesterday at the baseball game, I saw 1 chapel hill sweatshirt, 1 ohio state hoodie and hat on the same guy, and 1 virginia tech hoodie. At the 49ers baseball game!

What’s worse, the Ohio state guy was walking with another guy who had on Charlotte gear. The V. tech girl was walking with another girl who had on Charlotte gear.

2nd in the log - This morning, I hadn’t even parked my car yet and saw two girls wearing Appalachian state gear.

On the walk from the parking deck to Atkins Library, I saw a guy wearing Va. tech sweatshirt.

Once I get in the library, a student employee is wearing a chapel Hill hoodie…

Sheesh.

Do these people realize that if they graduate and get a diploma, it will say Charlotte on it? :ticked:

and i just work here.

Just start asking people where they go to school…that’s what I did in my classes when I was there. You get lots of lame excuses when you ask why they have another schools apparel on. They will think twice when they start getting called out on it.

I usually just post in the shoutbox, but I wanted to start a thread to keep track of all the times I see other school's gear on our campus.

Please contribute and post whenever you see other school’s gear on campus. I’m not sure what this will accomplish. Maybe some who are guilty will see the thread and change their ways. I don’t know. I thought it would be interesting to keep track.

First in the log - Yesterday at the baseball game, I saw 1 chapel hill sweatshirt, 1 ohio state hoodie and hat on the same guy, and 1 virginia tech hoodie. At the 49ers baseball game!

What’s worse, the Ohio state guy was walking with another guy who had on Charlotte gear. The V. tech girl was walking with another girl who had on Charlotte gear.

2nd in the log - This morning, I hadn’t even parked my car yet and saw two girls wearing Appalachian state gear.

On the walk from the parking deck to Atkins Library, I saw a guy wearing Va. tech sweatshirt.

Once I get in the library, a student employee is wearing a chapel Hill hoodie…

Sheesh.

Do these people realize that if they graduate and get a diploma, it will say Charlotte on it? :ticked:

and i just work here.

I have a theory. You have the people who “wanted to go to Charlotte” and they are in general very school spirited. They chose it over other places. They are proud of their choice.

then there is the crowd that sort of “ended up at UNCC” because of family issue, money, gf/bf nearby, etc. These are the wicked. They cheer for the ACC. They never bond emotionally with Charlotte because they wanted to be somewhere else. They also have low self esteem errr…won’t proudly display their school.

Maybe I’ll start a segment as part of the 49ers insider show that we take a camera around campus and find those in other school’s gear and ask them on camera about it. Then, give them a 49ers insider t-shirt.

Maybe I'll start a segment as part of the 49ers insider show that we take a camera around campus and find those in other school's gear and ask them on camera about it. Then, give them a 49ers insider t-shirt.

yes yes yes :lmao:

DO IT

And make them change on camera.

yes yes yes :lmao:

DO IT

I gotta run camera, are you available to be the man with the microphone?

absolutely

[QUOTE=metro;387075]absolutely[/QUOTE]

I would pay money to see this show!!! Are you kidding me? metro harrassing kids on campus!!!

I would pay money to see this show!!! Are you kidding me? metro harrassing kids on campus!!!!
I would be very gentle with them.

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;387074]I gotta run camera, are you available to be the man with the microphone?[/QUOTE]

[B]I WANT TO DO THIS[/B]

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;387071]Maybe I’ll start a segment as part of the 49ers insider show that we take a camera around campus and find those in other school’s gear and ask them on camera about it. Then, give them a 49ers insider t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea.

make it happen.

In the handicapped parking lot at men’s & women’s basketball games are cars with stickers for ECU, Clemson, & NC State.

make it happen.

[SIZE=5]DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!![/SIZE]

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;387071]Maybe I’ll start a segment as part of the 49ers insider show that we take a camera around campus and find those in other school’s gear and ask them on camera about it. Then, give them a 49ers insider t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

Great idea. If this particular project needs some financial backing, I would more than happy to assist.

I just want to be noted as a supporter/contributor when the credits are shown

I would be very gentle with them.

Until they tell you to “get the F out of their face”… then it would get real interesting.

I have a theory. You have the people who "wanted to go to Charlotte" and they are in general very school spirited. They chose it over other places. They are proud of their choice.

then there is the crowd that sort of “ended up at UNCC” because of family issue, money, gf/bf nearby, etc. These are the wicked. They cheer for the ACC. They never bond emotionally with Charlotte because they wanted to be somewhere else. They also have low self esteem errr…won’t proudly display their school.

I think you hit the nail on the head and I think it applies especially to the people who don’t care much about sports. They don’t consider rivalries or much else and therefore a Carolina shirt is just a shirt and they don’t give a second thought to it. Then you have the opposite and those are the people who are sports fans, but don’t associate college with the team they root for. A person may be a Tar Hole fan all their life and will continue to root for them if he doesn’t connect the dots between where he goes to school and his fanhood. It happens all the time.

That would quickly become the greatest thing that has ever happened at this school.

Two things:

This thread is going to get really long.

Could be fixed if you only post pictures.