Other school's gear on campus - log

If you wear other school’s gear on any campus, it pisses me off.

I guess I'm the same way, I wear clothing from many different Universities (including a UNCC t-shirt my ex GF gave me) on a regular basis, if its around campus, who cares? I can understand if its at a football or basketball game, but if I'm going to one of my classes in a Georgia or Wake shirt instead of one of my ASU shirts and some tool bag started harassing me for it I would tell him to get a life. And also, something I've noticed on here (and on ASU boards as well), when did cheering for more than one school suddenly make you persona non grata?? I completely agree that the school you attend should be number one, but if you have another school you cheer for on the side, why should that matter?? I personally don't for basketball, but I do pay attention to UGA (dads alma mater) for football. I don't know, I just think the "One and one only" mentality is the wrong way to go about cultivating new fans.

You can add me to the list of people it doesn’t bother that much as long as it is around campus and not at an actual game- that annoys the hell out of me. Around campus though I can fully understand why someone would wear a Georgetown, State, UCLA, etc. if they grew up attending the games, their whole family went there, etc. If you have kids and you take them to Niner games their entire childhood I imagine that you would expect them to feel some affection towards Charlotte even if they went to Wisconsin; you would hope that they still followed the team and wouldn’t expect them to throw away all of their Niner gear.

The one thing that does grind on me are the people who claim to be die hard tar-heel fans and can’t find Chapel Hill on a map, much less ever having been there; can’t name two of the starting five or the starting QB; have no connection to the school through family; work at wal-mart; or just think the colors are pretty.

What really annoys me is when professors talk about other schools. I know that most of them did not go here but come on don’t waste class time with this nonsense. The class I just came from the guy was going on about uncch duke and tenn like we all went there. There was also 3 kids with uncch gear on in the front.

[QUOTE=Appstate08;387387]I guess I’m the same way, I wear clothing from many different Universities (including a UNCC t-shirt my ex GF gave me) on a regular basis, if its around campus, who cares? I can understand if its at a football or basketball game, but if I’m going to one of my classes in a Georgia or Wake shirt instead of one of my ASU shirts and some tool bag started harassing me for it I would tell him to get a life. And also, something I’ve noticed on here (and on ASU boards as well), when did cheering for more than one school suddenly make you persona non grata?? I completely agree that the school you attend should be number one, but if you have another school you cheer for on the side, why should that matter?? I personally don’t for basketball, but I do pay attention to UGA (dads alma mater) for football. I don’t know, I just think the “One and one only” mentality is the wrong way to go about cultivating new fans.[/QUOTE]

This is why we have a problem.

Just got back from shooting video at the baseball game.

A kid wearing a white t-shirt with DAVIDSON in red letters across the front came walking in with another guy, who had a charlotte shirt on, but it was that bright yellow.

I gotta shot of him. I’ll try to post it tomorrow.

Thought I could make it from Cone Deck to library on a quiet friday morning without seeing other school’s gear…then Bang! A girl wearing a tar hole hoodie…

Skank?

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;388030]Thought I could make it from Cone Deck to library on a quiet friday morning without seeing other school’s gear…then Bang! A girl wearing a tar hole hoodie…[/QUOTE]

Was she fat?

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;388030]…then bang a girl wearing a tar hole hoodie…[/QUOTE]

If she’s hot enough.

Was she fat?

a bit stocky

This is from yesterday’s baseball game.

Look left to see former 49er baseball players Shayne Moody and Derek McDaid (I think) staring this guy down, along with other fans.

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;388124]This is from yesterday’s baseball game.

Look left to see former 49er baseball players Shayne Moody and Derek McDaid (I think) staring this guy down, alon with other fans.

[/QUOTE]

HAHA the faces are PRICELESS!

I wanted to go say something to him… but I had a short fuse yesterday.

Thought I could make it from Cone Deck to library on a quiet friday morning without seeing other school's gear....then Bang! A girl wearing a tar hole hoodie...
Poll Vault material???

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;388124]This is from yesterday’s baseball game.

Look left to see former 49er baseball players Shayne Moody and Derek McDaid (I think) staring this guy down, along with other fans.[/QUOTE]
That f***tard better not ever attempt to sit in my seats at the stadium.

Poll Vault material???

more like shot put material.

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;388128]more like [B]buck[/B]shot material.[/QUOTE]
fixed :tongue:

saw a guy in a Cal shirt about an hour ago outside the library.

saw a guy in a Cal shirt about an hour ago outside the library.
Did he look like the quitting type?
Did he look like the quitting type?

he looked like he’d had enough…

Another stocky girl just walked into the library with a “Carolina” hoodie on.:doh: