Packer bashing CUSA and talking about Lutz

The premise of it all is the comment by Lutz in the paper about how CUSA should get the same respect the ACC gets when a bottom feeder beats a top team in the conference…

He just said we could not do what Va Tech has done in the ACC. CUSA is 8 and 21 vs. ACC, you wanna talk about the ACC not wanting to play you, looks like they are…

Where is this coming from? A radio show I’m guessing?

Yep, The only Sports show in town. I only listen from time to time and happened to catch the start that they were going to talk about Lutz and kept the dial there…

Keep us posted on what Richard Cranium (figure that one out Chisox) says today please.

He said cusa sucks, and is garbage compared to acc, and was bashing lutz, somebody wanna call in?

Listening myself and Packer is in rare form today with is bashing of Lutz, the Niners and CUSA. He just now read a list of the “Top 100 basketball programs of all time” and he went out of his way to note that Davidson was rated higher than us by a hair.

He’s being a complete ass today as usual but I hope no one even bothers calling in to go at it with him. I get more joy out of knowing that he’s ignored more than challenged. If someone calls in, just tell him that the reason Niner fans never call his show is because we don’t listen to him.

What a no-talent he is.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 03:10 PM [b] Keep us posted on what Richard Cranium (figure that one out Chisox) says today please. [/b]

I thought Richard Less was hosting today.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 03:17 PM [b] He said cusa sucks, and is garbage compared to acc, and was bashing lutz, somebody wanna call in? [/b]

No, not really. I have brain cells to preserve for later drinking sessions, and Facilities Management just applied a coat of paint I’m really keen on seeing dry. I just wish it was warmer so I could watch the grass grow.

you mean fudge still has a show?

Just turned it on to hear a “Charlotte fan” say that he thinks we need to make the Sweet 16 every year for him to see us as successful.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 03:19 PM [b] Listening myself and Packer is in rare form today with is bashing of Lutz, the Niners and CUSA. He just now read a list of the "Top 100 basketball programs of all time" and he went out of his way to note that Davidson was rated higher than us by a hair. [/b]
This is really funny. I met the program director of the new sports station here in High Point during lunch and dropped him off a media guide. He had Bob Huggins on live Friday afternoon and we had exchanged several emails about the 49ers. He is looking forward to going to Halton later this season, he mentioned that he unfortunately only knew of the place as where students throw ice at the Bearcats. This is a guy who is genuinely interested in sports in the area and then the local guy in Charlotte bashes us contiunuously, even as this team pays for a tiny part of his salary. I'm sorry, the University shouldn't allow it to occur, call it censorship if you wish.
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 03:19 PM [b]He just now read a list of the "Top 100 basketball programs of all time" and he went out of his way to note that Davidson was rated higher than us by a hair.

[/b]

“Top <insert number & subject here> lists” are such a joke. They are NOTHING but subjective opinions.

No wonder Packer uses them, it caters to his audience.

I’m figuring its just a matter of time before some fan of the show (a.k.a - a moron) calls and says that “The 49ers suck and Joseph Forte is better than Cornbread Maxwell ever was”.

please be advised that I realize there is no relevance between Mr. Forte & Mr. Maxwell. This is simply an attempt by me to think like a fan of Packer’s show. Forte’s name was in the paper today and fans of his show know nothing about the 49ers other than Cornbread.

Censorship? I’d call it more intelligent use of advertising dollars.

Packer can kiss the whitest part of my ass.

Anybody else curious as to why QCB gets floor seats to all our home games??

Someone needs to make a ‘QCB Sucks Fudge’ sign for TCU.

those rankings are bullshit they have nc a@t about 30 spots ahead of us. What has a@t ever done.

[b]Packer can kiss the whitest part of my ass[/b]

Really? He can kiss the darkest part of mine. :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 03:19 PM [b] tell him that the reason Niner fans never call his show is because we don't listen to him.

[/b]

I thought it was because Niner fans don’t live in trailer parks with nothing to do all day.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 03:30 PM [b] I'm sorry, the University shouldn't allow it to occur, call it censorship if you wish. [/b]
I agree...

Until we get decent sports programming in Charlotte: http://www.sirius.com

Jay Thomas (former 49er radio announcer) who has a show (not entirely a sports show) on Sirius had Cornbread on today. They were talking about the old days and what “leaps and bounds” our program has made since the 70s. Much better than listening to Fudge.