Panthers New Logo

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/01/exclusive-new-panther-logo-revealed.html

Some dentures and blue eye shadow. Ferocious.

More:

Makes it slightly easier to carve into pumpkins.

I’m a fan. The old logo looked very unnatural, like they had selected a shape and then forced a ‘panther’ into it.

This feels much less confined and more natural. From a design perspective, this is a major improvement.

I’m interested to see what the new uniforms will look like.

I’m a fan.

The [b]white outline around the logo has been removed[/b] to create a more dimensional feel and to keep the focus on the features of the panther.

Racist!!!

I’m good with this because it means in a few years I can buy a “vintage” panthers shirt/jersey and it will truly be “vintage”. We’re also one step closer to joining most of the rest of the NFL in vintage jersey games.

It looks like the cave from Aladdin.

grain of salt, there’s nothing “official” linked to these images, so their validity is questionable at best.

The road unis look kind of Bengalish.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:4, topic:26285”]I’m a fan. The old logo looked very unnatural, like they had selected a shape and then forced a ‘panther’ into it.

This feels much less confined and more natural. From a design perspective, this is a major improvement.

I’m interested to see what the new uniforms will look like.[/quote]

That’s because they did. The logo originated from the state boundaries on a map of NC and SC.

One thing I’ve never been a fan of or understood is the center stripe on the helmet. Instead of a single stripe down the middle, the Panthers had two stripes that flared out. That does remind me of the Bengals or Michigan Wolverines. From what I’ve seen, it doesn’t look like they plan to get rid of it with the new logo.

They’d better do those black helmets someone posted in the shoutbox. The entire revamp is pointless unless they do. Those were badass.

[quote=“Normmm, post:11, topic:26285”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:4, topic:26285”]I’m a fan. The old logo looked very unnatural, like they had selected a shape and then forced a ‘panther’ into it.

I’m interested to see what the new uniforms will look like.[/quote]

That’s because they did. The logo originated from the state boundaries on a map of NC and SC.[/quote]

I know this. They missed that shape… horribly.

They should put the new logo at midfield. I really don’t see much of a difference between the old and the new. Black helmets would be sick though. Definatley one of the best all around uniforms in the NFL.

I’d be okay with having that as the midfield logo. I hate that we have the NFL logo there now. Do we have an secondary logo?

Doubt those are legit because they have the ‘old’ logo on the sleeves and ‘old’ word mark on the back of the helmets. I have heard that the tweaks to the unis will be minor and that we are keeping the silver helmets and the 2 stripes on top.

I will be interested to see how the field looks with the new work marks in the end zones.

As long as Jerry Richardson is the owner, the NFL logo will be at midfield, not the team logo.

Doubt those are legit because they have the ‘old’ logo on the sleeves and ‘old’ word mark on the back of the helmets. I have heard that the tweaks to the unis will be minor and that we are keeping the silver helmets and the 2 stripes on top.

I will be interested to see how the field looks with the new work marks in the end zones.[/quote]

Those are fan prototypes. Will not happen.

[quote=“Chisox17, post:18, topic:26285”][size=1em]As long as Jerry Richardson is the owner, the NFL logo will be at midfield, not the team logo.
[/size][/quote]

[size=1em]Why do you say that?[/size]

I will be interested to see how the field looks with the new work marks in the end zones.[/quote]

Those are fan prototypes. Will not happen.

Why do you say that?[/quote]

Jerry has said on numerous occasions that we will have the NFL logo on the center of the field in thanks and respect to the NFL for granting us a franchise.