Panthers Trade I Was Thinking Of.....

So i have been thinking about this for a few days now. Since Jay Cutler isn’t too happy in Denver and Peppers wants out of Carolina, let’s do a deal to trade them for each other. I was thinking let’s send Peppers and Delhomme, for Cutler and one of their cornerbacks (maybe champ bailey).

I’m sure this trade would never happen, but it would be nice if it did. Any thoughts about this or any other trades for Peppers? (although im sure he will be traded for draft picks, players would be nice too)

They won’t, and shouldn’t trade Delhomme.

I’m a Broncos fan. I think this trade would be bad.

I do want to get rid of Cutler. His attitude will not change. He will never be a winner. Sure he has all of the physical tools to be great, but he is always whining and always turning the ball over. He is Phillip River’s bitch. Panthers fans, I’ve watched this slack jawed tird play for three seasons. You do not want him.

As far as Peppers is concerned, I think he is overated. He is a beast of an athlete. However, he takes entire games off. Teams no longer game plan for him and he is rarely double teamed. He compiles his stats like A Rod, during garbage time.

I was thinking more of Cutler for Peppers, and your 2nd rounder this year and next. I would rather have Chris Simms at QB than Jake Delsixinterceptions.

Great idea. Hope they think so. one talented tarhole for one talented asshole. Trade even. They can sign a QB in the draft.

So i have been thinking about this for a few days now. Since Jay Cutler isn't too happy in Denver and Peppers wants out of Carolina, let's do a deal to trade them for each other. I was thinking let's send Peppers and Delhomme, for Cutler and one of their cornerbacks (maybe champ bailey).

I’m sure this trade would never happen, but it would be nice if it did. Any thoughts about this or any other trades for Peppers? (although im sure he will be traded for draft picks, players would be nice too)

Great idea. Hope they think so. one talented tarhole for one talented asshole. Trade even. They can sign a QB in the draft.

Judging how the Panthers usually do they will wait until like the 5th round and get a QB that will have no potential in the NFL. I know there are some diamonds in the rough late in the draft, but the Panthers don’t have that kind of luck to find one of those.

…But maybe the panther will take some of that money they saved from cutting Lucas and finally make a move in signing a freeagent, maybe another CB.

Peppers doesn’t take entire games off…when it looks like he’s having a bad season/games, it’s because he’s drawing doubles and opening other guys up. Dude is a freak and I’ve said it since the beginning, it’s sad that he’s a victim of a badly conservative defensive scheme. Trgovac relied on a 4 man pass rush every play…never blitzed, and never played bump on the corners. When you never have an extra man rushing, and when your corners are constantly playing off the receivers…that kills everything about the defense. Your 4 front guys get tired and the corners basically aren’t doing anything. A 4 man pass rush only makes sense if your corners are pressuring or if you send extra men on the blitz. The only reason Trgo had any success was a testament to how good the players on our defense are. If he didn’t have a great defense, that scheme would have gotten him fired before even getting hired.

You think Peppers is having a change of heart after the hiring of Meeks? I haven’t really heard anything in a while about it.

They won't, and shouldn't trade Delhomme.
I love 17, but I'd take Cutler in a second. 89 would beat the attitude out of him.

Take Cutler, please.

Delhomme = winner
Cutler = bitch
Delhomme > Cutler

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;392098]Take Cutler, please.

Delhomme = winner
Cutler = bitch
Delhomme > Cutler[/QUOTE]

As a fellow broncos fan, I just can’t disagree more. I have done a 180 on Cutler over the past month, he went from a player I really liked to a whiny punk, BUT, I would have been more pissed if our QB was Matt Cassel or Jake Delhomme. Those are guys with limited skill sets. I would rather have a talented QB who needs to grow up, than an old QB who has hit his peak.

I don’t think Delhomme is the issue. Do people not remember he had Tommy John before the season started? I remember listening to the Sirius Blitz and one of the host was at the combines and spoke to someone within the organization (off the record). He said if they could have done one thing different they would have thrown Delhomme during the bye week before the playoff game.

Apparently they feel his arm had tightened up with that weeks rest. It is a possiblity, anyone have any experience with a surgery like that and resting it after activity?

You think Peppers is having a change of heart after the hiring of Meeks? I haven't really heard anything in a while about it.

Probably not. This will probably drag out till the beginning of the season. I remember hearing Hurney say they would not consider anything less than 2 first round picks (which is asinine) b/c he said they are better with him than without him.

How about Peppers to the Ravens for a 1st and 4th? I hear Ozzie is busy in Baltimore, but they may be going after a WR? Who knows?

I too have done the 180 on Cutler, Shaggy. I do not want Delhomme, though. Mainly because of his age. Game managers have more success in the NFL than rocket arms. I just don’t see Cutler ever changing. People who make bad judgements always make bad judgements.

I just hope the Panthers do something with Peppers before the draft. If he doesn’t want to be here i’d rather have some young fresh talent that does want to be here.

I love 17, but I'd take Cutler in a second. [B]89 would beat the attitude out of him.[/B]

That sad thing is, this isn’t a joke, he would really beat it out of him.

That sad thing is, this isn't a joke, he would really beat it out of him.

I mean just look what he did to Ken Lucas…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;392093]Peppers doesn’t take entire games off…when it looks like he’s having a bad season/games, it’s because he’s drawing doubles and opening other guys up. Dude is a freak and I’ve said it since the beginning, it’s sad that he’s a victim of a badly conservative defensive scheme. Trgovac relied on a 4 man pass rush every play…never blitzed, and never played bump on the corners. When you never have an extra man rushing, and when your corners are constantly playing off the receivers…that kills everything about the defense. Your 4 front guys get tired and the corners basically aren’t doing anything. A 4 man pass rush only makes sense if your corners are pressuring or if you send extra men on the blitz. The only reason Trgo had any success was a testament to how good the players on our defense are. If he didn’t have a great defense, that scheme would have gotten him fired before even getting hired.[/QUOTE]

Peppers was quoted by many of his college teammates as sometimes saying “imagine what I could do if I actually tried” after he made big plays.

I work with a guy who is good friends with a rams player I will not name (who is friends with Peppers). He has actually come into the store on quite a few occasions since he lives in Charlotte in the offseason, so I know the guy is not full of ****. He said his buddy told him that Peppers had told him a few years ago that he was contemplating retirement because he didn’t really like to play football.

While Peppers is not in a scheme that utilizes his strengths, its well known by his former teammates and friends that his heart is just not into it and does not play to his full ability.

[QUOTE=Niner National;392200]Peppers was quoted by many of his college teammates as sometimes saying “imagine what I could do if I actually tried” after he made big plays.

I work with a guy who is good friends with a rams player I will not name (who is friends with Peppers). He has actually come into the store on quite a few occasions since he lives in Charlotte in the offseason, so I know the guy is not full of ****. He said his buddy told him that Peppers had told him a few years ago that he was contemplating retirement because he didn’t really like to play football.

While Peppers is not in a scheme that utilizes his strengths, its well known by his former teammates and friends that his heart is just not into it and does not play to his full ability.[/QUOTE]

So yeah, I know a guy… that knows this girl… that dated this guy… who worked for this dude… who bumped into Tyler Hansbrough on Franklin street. Says Hansbrough totally felt up his junk.

So yeah, I know a guy... that knows this girl... that dated this guy... who worked for this dude... who bumped into Tyler Hansbrough on Franklin street. Says Hansbrough totally felt up his junk.

:lmao: hans girl… only a few more games of him…