Panthers..... What the hell happened

I was thinking 7-9 or 8-8 coming in to the season, but this is just epic shitty fotball…

This all starts at the top. Big Cat decided to get cheap- Panthers have the lowest true payroll in the NFL (Not counting dead money). They decided to go super cheap and it shows. Marty Hurney is terrible IMO… I heard more than one guy yesterday defend him at the game, I just don’t see it. The guy sucks at drafting. He took over in 02, so starting with the 03 draft he has done well with #1 picks (thru 2008, since then he has treated future #1’s like they have no value)- but you should do well with a #1… His #2 choices have been trash. Since 03 there have been 8 second round picks, I think 4 have been complete failures (Nelson, Colbert, Shelton, Jarrett), 2 have been good (Marshall, Kalil). I give the 2008 an F, traded a future #1 and that years 2nd for Otah who is good for 10 games per year- too much to pay for a soft RT. 2009 should also get an F- I’d guess it was panic that there was no #1 so you trade what turned out to the the 17th pick in the 2010 draft for Everett Brown. For that compensation the guy should at least start. 2010 is too early to grade. Clausen looks lost, Lafell couldn’t catch crabs in a 3 dollar whore house… The entire draft hinges on Edwards, right now it looks like you traded the 33rd pick in the draft for 6th round talent. Boooooo… Looking at the 3rd round, he is only hitting at about 50 % there as well. The returns have been garbage.

As for on the field.
QB play is horrible, but to be expected based on youth and terrible offensive line play. The failure to get a #2 WR once again rears its head. The best RB tandem in the NFL is rendered useless with no passing game, no holes, and a gamplan straight out of 1952. Aside from a victory formation or a FG can anyone rmemebr the last time you saw an offensive formation that did not have 1 receiver? I think it was the 1924 Scranton Maoons. Saw that yesterday.

The Defense is smallish and not particulary skilled in the art of the tackle. John Kasay and Baker are about the only players having good seasons.

There is absolutely nothing to look forward to with this franchise right now. Fox and Hurney need to go, this franchise needs a new voice and a direction- any direction.

Sadly, the best professional team in the state playes in Chapel Hill.

An organization has an obligation to put at least something that resembles a decent product on the field, even if they’re “rebuilding.” The product at BoA stadium is garbage. They couldn’t beat college teams. The offense has 0 skill, and is ran by an absolute idiot that had NO BUSINESS getting this job in the first place (seriously, Cleveland has never been good, but we take one of their coaches to be our OC???).

The drafting is terrible. How many times are we going to draft garbage receivers? Jarrett never sniffed the field for whatever reason, Colbert just straight up sucked, Lafell can’t catch (and that was the rap on him in college), Edwards can’t even catch punts. Gettis is the only receiver that doesn’t look like he is complete trash.

Clausen isn’t looking great. He’s short and has a long wind-up. Decent mobility, but doesn’t seem to have very good accuracy. As NLP said yesterday, maybe thats why all of the other teams passed on him.

The OL is garbage. The entire right side of the line would have trouble making practice squads on some teams.

The play calling is just stupid. Fox should’ve stayed a DC, he can’t coach offenses and evidently can’t bring in anyone to do so either. How many times is Clausen going to be put in 3rd and long because Fox wanted to run up the middle on 1st and 2nd and got 1 yard each time? Ugh.

This team sucks, and it’s all Richardson’s fault.

Clausen needs to throw 200+ passes a day to our WR’s. They were not close to being on the same page yesterday. I don’t care if we get behind 2 TD’s, we HAVE to run the football. If you aren’t going to use Stewart, get something for him.

I’d suggest relaxing for a few years and ignoring the Panthers. They are going to suck for at least this and 2 more seasons. Us being angry over it has ZERO effect on Jerry. Just pick a backup team and don’t let Jerry’s financial moves bother you or stress you out.

Our OL can’t block (at least half of it), and they’re stacking the box. We’re still running, it’s just pointless… hence why it’s constantly 3rd and 10. We’re basically throwing pebbles at a wall and hoping it breaks the wall down.

Deangelo Williams is average 4.7 yards per carry, he isn’t getting 20 touches per game, makes ZERO sense.

Do you think they’re not running him because they don’t want to beat him up on a season that has been over for 2 weeks now?

Jerry Richardson decided to strike a year early is what happened.

Do you think they’re not running him because they don’t want to beat him up on a season that has been over for 2 weeks now?[/quote]We won’t resign him, use him while you have him.

Do you think they’re not running him because they don’t want to beat him up on a season that has been over for 2 weeks now?[/quote]We won’t resign him, use him while you have him.[/quote]
You think they don’t resign Williams? What about Thomas Davis?

Do you think they’re not running him because they don’t want to beat him up on a season that has been over for 2 weeks now?[/quote]We won’t resign him, use him while you have him.[/quote]
You think they don’t resign Williams? What about Thomas Davis?[/quote]If we let Williams walk, we get a free 3rd pick. Cheaper for Richardson. I can see us keeping TD, Richardson is more of a defensive minded guy, which is why we have Fox.

You think they don’t resign Williams? What about Thomas Davis?[/quote]If we let Williams walk, we get a free 3rd pick. Cheaper for Richardson. I can see us keeping TD, Richardson is more of a defensive minded guy, which is why we have Fox.[/quote]
Huh? What does this mean?

You think they don’t resign Williams? What about Thomas Davis?[/quote]If we let Williams walk, we get a free 3rd pick. Cheaper for Richardson. I can see us keeping TD, Richardson is more of a defensive minded guy, which is why we have Fox.[/quote]
Huh? What does this mean?[/quote]It’s a compensatory pick. I think it deals with 1st rd picks that don’t resign once their original deal is up.

Huh? What does this mean?[/quote]

Free Agency compensation pick…

Will have a 3rd this year for Peppers… Hurney will surely screw i up, but we will get a 3rd just the same

Jerry Richardson has never been cheap. He has paid many guys very well over the years (see Chris Gamble, Jake, etc).

However, Richardson is co-chair of the NFL’s 10-member Management Council Executive Committee which is responsible for labor negotiations. He is leading the charge vs the PA, and has sacrificed this season for a larger purpose.

Jerry Richardson has never been cheap. He has paid many guys very well over the years (see Chris Gamble, Jake, etc).

However, Richardson is co-chair of the NFL’s 10-member Management Council Executive Committee which is responsible for labor negotiations. He is leading the charge vs the PA, and has sacrificed this season for a larger purpose.[/quote]Richardson needs to man up and say that to the public.

The thing is, none of the other 9 have done it.

savin’ that $$$ to buy cowher. erase the team and let cowher start from scratch.

bold statement, but i can see it holding up.

anyway, i was at the game yesterday too, and woooooow… all of you are right, the offense looks turrrrible.

i look at it like this: we have the youngest team in football (at least we did 2 weeks ago, not sure if dropping dwayne effected it) with a rookie qb and young wr’s. steve smith was out, but i don’t think it would’ve been different if he were there, they would’ve put a man and kept tabs on him all game, he would’ve been a non-factor. with a young qb REGARDLESS, the running game has to be working. we have 2 great rb’s, one of the best tandems in the league, but the o-line is terrible. can’t pass block, run block is off and on, def not good enough if there’s 8 guys in the box. and don’t get me started on false starts and holding penalties…

this year is set up for a disaster. other then the first 7.5 minutes of the first quarter, the defense played pretty well. after forte had 101 yds in the first 2 possesions, he was kept to about 75, which isn’t bad when the offense is going 3 and out and the defense is getting little to no rest.

whatever, i started the “we want cowher” chant as i left the stadium. we’ll see what happens come seasons end.

Jerry Richardson is pure class and we are lucky to have him as an owner. Just because none of the other 9 have taken the same stride does not make Richardson any less of a man or an owner.

None of the Richardson haters have ever met him, because if they had, they would know his love for this game, this team, and this team’s fans.

I have met all the Richardsons involved in the panthers. They were all pretty nice guys, but they wouldn’t ever give me free tickets.