Parrish projects 3 A-10 teams in Big Dance; Niners on bubble

From Gary Parrish at Sportsline…

[b]ATLANTIC 10 (3)[/b]

Automatic bid: Xavier

At-large: Dayton, Rhode Island

Bubble: Charlotte, UMass

Comment: Xavier, Dayton and Rhode Island seem certain to make the Atlantic-10 a multi-bid league again.

Sportsline.com: Projecting the Field

lets not get to high up yet, we have a few more game before a 10 season that can get us pushed right outta that bubble

From Gary Parrish at Sportsline...

Sportsline.com: Projecting the Field

Some nice pub for us this week. I hope we build on it by winning at Hofstra and Tulsa.

To sniff an at large bid we have to beat Maryland. If we do we can afford a loss at ClemPson. If we lose to Maryland we have to have the ClemPson game.

In addition don’t drop any OOC games at home, which we shouldn’t at this point.

Unfortunately we only get one shot at Dayton, Xavier, Rhode Island and UMASS. Have to go 2-2 at minimum in that stretch, hard part is only Xavier is at home.

Do that, don’t lose more than 1 garbage game to a horrible opponent in conference play, take 2 in the A-10 tourney I could see it happening.

Just my opinion.

It’s exciting to discuss, but I won’t even touch it until we get back from our road trip, and would prefer not to until after the Maryland game.

We still have a LOT of work to do in non-conference. Starting with our first real road trip.

Unless we win an automatic bid I’m thinking we’ll have to win atleast two games against the A10’s top three considering the RPI outlook.

Beating Clemson would be nice. (Wonder if Dink will be in attendance. -?)

Its still a bit too early to make these predictions, especially with conference play not started yet. I would like to see it happen though

I am making ZERO predictions, but I am pretty amazed that it is even on the table. We all went into the season expecting very little out of this team and here we are talking NCAAs in March. That should give us all a warm fuzzy feeling.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;276215]To sniff an at large bid we have to beat Maryland. If we do we can afford a loss at ClemPson. If we lose to Maryland we have to have the ClemPson game. [/QUOTE]
We’ll be ok if we win 3 out of the 4 games against Hofstra, Tulsa, Maryland, and Clemson. That is assuming we win the games against Gardner Webb and Farrleigh Dickinson.

The Parrish prediction had the A10 with 3 guaranteed teams and 2 other possibilities so the A10 could easily have 4 teams in the dance. Five is doubtful.

Is there anyone who is not pleasantly surprised we are discussing 3 or 4 conference bids with the Niners already being mentioned as one of them?

Nice to muse about. If we punish the remaining opponents like we did the last 3, we’ll be ALL IN!!! Hmmm… do I smell blood??

We'll be ok if we win 3 out of the 4 games against Hofstra, Tulsa, Maryland, and Clemson. That is assuming we win the games against Gardner Webb and Farrleigh Dickinson.

I think Hofstra, Tulsa, Gardner Webb and Farrleigh Dickinson are MUST wins for us to have a shot at a bid. If we lose to Clemson, okay, and Maryland not terribly too awful (still hurts a little unless Maryland picks it up) , but the others would hurt us quite a bit.

finishing on the bubble, while maybe disappointing not to make the tourney, would make this season a success. imo. as long as our guys continue to show the effort, hustle, and determination they have thus far, and bobby continues to make improvements as the season progresses, thats all I care about. its fun to watch thats for sure.

I think the NIT is a success.

I think the NIT is a success.

Agree.

[QUOTE=cibik02;276318]I think Hofstra, Tulsa, Gardner Webb and Farrleigh Dickinson are [B]MUST[/B] wins for us to have a shot at a bid. If we lose to Clemson, okay, and Maryland not terribly too awful (still hurts a little unless Maryland picks it up) , but the others would hurt us quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

DOBA. I think if we win the next four, and we should, they all suck (insert Monmouth comment here) and the two at home are no-brainers, can’t lose those.

Split with Clem/MD or just kick them both in the balls and we’re golden. Then go 11-5 or so in the conf and I don’t see a problem with getting in with a couple of wins in the A-10 tourney. Can you say the dreaded 8/9 seed?

I may be proven wrong, but I think that is very doable.

Then go 11-5 or so in the conf and I don't see a problem with getting in with a couple of wins in the A-10 tourney.

We need to go at least 2-2 against Xavier, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Dayton with 1 of the wins be Xavier at home OR 3-1 with our loss being at home to Xavier.

To bad we don’t have more home games at home against the above teams. But it make the wins on the road that much more helpful to our RPI.

***How bout this, 22-0 the rest of the way AND win the A10 tournament and then we don’t have to worry about making the NCAA Tournament. Could you imagine being 28-2 at the end the regular season !!!

With the way we have been performing, we might lose to Hofstra then beat both Maryland and Clemson.

[QUOTE=walaboom;276407]With the way we have been performing, we might lose to Hofstra then beat both Maryland and Clemson.[/QUOTE]
Not sure I follow you here. With the way we’ve been performing ever since returning from the P-Jam in the USVI, we’re looking pretty darn unbeatable. Not saying we won’t lose a game or two before league play begins, but it won’t be many.

[QUOTE=run49er;276408]Not sure I follow you here. With the way we’ve been performing ever since returning from the P-Jam in the USVI, we’re looking pretty darn unbeatable. Not saying we won’t lose a game or two before league play begins, but it won’t be many.*[/QUOTE]

*If we continue this style of play.

[QUOTE=run49er;276408]Not sure I follow you here. With the way we’ve been performing ever since returning from the P-Jam in the USVI, we’re looking pretty darn unbeatable. Not saying we won’t lose a game or two before league play begins, but it won’t be many.[/QUOTE]

I am not talking about just this year, I am talking about how we have always win big and drop the easy ones.

Monmouth, ecu, saint louis, South Florida, richmond, list goes on…

Yes, everyone who has followed the team for more than a year knows we drop games that we shouldn’t.

Maybe the loss to monmouth was the only one this year.

By the way, we only lost to ECU once.