PF Chris Braswell - 2009

A Mox guy. Sounds encouraging. Anyone got anymore info. on him.

http://charlotte.rivals.com/default.asp

Don’t worry… I’m not going to ask for a recap of any kind from a subscriber…

A Mox guy. Sounds encouraging. Anyone got anymore info. on him.

http://charlotte.rivals.com/default.asp

Seems like a talented PF/C with long arms that can run really well. And Charlotte is recruiting him. Should be only a matter of time before Bob Huggins makes him his #1 priority. Ah, dammit.

Currently, he has a couple dozen scholarship offers including Memphis, Maryland, Pitt, Syracuse, Connecticut, Villanova, Xavier, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Indiana, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State - along with WVU, and Charlotte. Was a poor student prior to the discovery of a learning disability - has now become more academically disciplined at the Hargrave Military Academy. Will still need to reclassify to '09 as many people anticipated.

Was a Georgetown commit for '08 before reclassification.

“Chris Braswelll doesn’t make guarantees. Not when he’s headed to a tournament, a game and, least of all, when he’s visiting a school. Still, the 6-foot-9, 230-pound forward has made Charlotte the lone exception to his “no promises” rule.”

That’s the beginning of the article? I can’t read the rest, but that sounds like he’s promising Charlotte something. So is he committing to us? If not, that’s false advertising, damnit.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;331952]“Chris Braswelll doesn’t make guarantees. Not when he’s headed to a tournament, a game and, least of all, when he’s visiting a school. Still, the 6-foot-9, 230-pound forward has made Charlotte the lone exception to his “no promises” rule.”

That’s the beginning of the article? I can’t read the rest, but that sounds like he’s promising Charlotte something. So is he committing to us? If not, that’s false advertising, damnit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks a lot ninerreport! you grab me and tell me that my broke self has to pay money!!! get some advertisers and we’ll visit a lot - you’ll have more money that way! :biggrin:

seriously though - whats the exception?

Someone who has a subscription could tell you, but then that wouldn’t be fair to them b/c they’d be giving “paid for” information away for free, so don’t ask or they’ll get pissy b/c you don’t pay $12.95 or whatever it is a month to be an “Insider” like them.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;331952]“Chris Braswelll doesn’t make guarantees. Not when he’s headed to a tournament, a game and, least of all, when he’s visiting a school. Still, the 6-foot-9, 230-pound forward has made Charlotte the lone exception to his “no promises” rule.”

[/QUOTE]

We’ve heard similar before. I’ll believe it if/when he signs.

"Chris Braswelll doesn’t make guarantees. Not when he’s headed to a tournament, a game and, least of all, when he’s visiting a school. Still, the 6-foot-9, 230-pound forward has made Charlotte the lone exception to his “no promises” rule."

That’s the beginning of the article? I can’t read the rest, but that sounds like he’s promising Charlotte something. So is he committing to us? If not, that’s false advertising, damnit.

He is guaranteeing that Charlotte will get a visit.

This kid is a stud. He’s the 84th ranked player in the 2008 Top150, and ranked the 26th best pf in the nation.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;331957]Someone who has a subscription could tell you, but then that wouldn’t be fair to them b/c they’d be giving “paid for” information away for free, so don’t ask or they’ll get pissy b/c you don’t pay $12.95 or whatever it is a month to be an “Insider” like them.[/QUOTE]

hah yeah thats why i didnt straight up ask.

He is guaranteeing that Charlotte will get a visit.
Good. He's smart if that's the only type of thing he's guaranteeing right now.

Braswell is doing a year of post-grad at Hargrave Military. He would have been class of 2008 but now he is 2009. Moxley’s been after him for a long time. We need a stud big man in 2009.

Let’s go Mox!!! Do your magic!!!

Hes coming in Aug 13th. Plays for Keith Stepens, who coached Rodney. Very very skilled post player!

Thanks Richfield. Any other targets you can alert us on for 09?

[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=39604]Rivals profile[/URL]

There are about 17 Rivals articles on him this year. He originally committed to Georgetown in 2006. Then tranferred from Dematha to Hargrave for his senior year. This past spring he announced he was going to take a 5th year at Hargrave and re-open his recruitment.

June 15th story from Maryland Rivals site:

[QUOTE]“I just decided to re-open things and look at all the options available to me,” said Braswell. “[COLOR=darkgreen]I talked it over with Keith Stevens (Triple Threat AAU Coach) and my mom, and we felt that was the way to go. My general plan is to see who is really interested in me, and then narrow the list down to a workable number and possibly sign this November.”[/COLOR]

Reducing the list will be a chore, because the list is reportedly over 20 schools.

“I would like to take my five officials in the fall and go from there. I am wide open at the moment,” said Braswell. “At the time I originally committed to Georgetown, them and Maryland were my final two schools. I really wanted to stay close to home. [COLOR=darkgreen]Now I am not so sure. I talked to my grandmother and she told me not to worry about her seeing me play, but just go where I am comfortable and where I fit in the best.”[/COLOR]

While the friendly Suitland native couldn’t list all the schools under consideration, he did give us a few of the contenders.

“Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Indiana, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Villanova, UConn, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Pitt, and [COLOR=DarkGreen]Charlotte [/COLOR]are some of the schools that come to mind right now,” said Braswell. “There are more schools but I am listening to everybody who has an interest.”

When asked about the Terps, Braswell indicated UM is interested.

“Yes, I have heard from Maryland and they are recruiting me, at least they have made a call indicating an interest, which is pretty much all the schools can do right now. I visited them before when I was being recruited the first time around,” said Braswell. “It’s possible the Terps could get a visit. [COLOR=darkgreen]I just want to go where I can be part of a family and where I fit in. Where that will be, I just don’t know right now.”[/COLOR]

Braswell, who averaged 18 ppg, and 10 rpg for a 29-0 Hargrave Military School team last year, looked good at the Agent Zero Tourney, scoring 14 points and grabbing 6 rebounds in a 76-56 win over Hoop Booth. Braswell did have 4 turnovers, but ran the floor well and finished everything around the hoop.

[COLOR=darkgreen]The general impression we got was that he is comfortable being away from home, and may leave the DC/Maryland area for college.[/COLOR] [/QUOTE]

Charlotte has been added to his list in the last day or two at Medium and offered like the others:

[URL=http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=39604]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=39604[/URL]

That’s a pretty strong list we are on. All BCS schools except for us.

“Green’s teammates include top national recruits Maurice Creek, committed to Indiana, and Chris Braswell, who is considering UConn, Miami, Virginia Tech and UNC-Charlotte.” - 8/5

http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/327813140118486.bsp

Braswell will be here for an unofficial visit Aug 14. Teams to beat out are Indiana, Va Tech and Miami.

We need to land this guy.

[QUOTE=anipalcraig;332754]“Green’s teammates include top national recruits Maurice Creek, committed to Indiana, and Chris Braswell, who is considering UConn, Miami, Virginia Tech and UNC-Charlotte.” - 8/5

http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/327813140118486.bsp[/QUOTE]

Will someone please send a note to these guys to correct the unc part.