Phil Dubois Resignation Call

That works for anything. Any time you type in “UNCC,” no matter what you’re searching for, it asks you if you meant “UNC.” If you type in “UNC Charlotte,” you don’t get anything but Charlotte links.

I like this one

www.uncc.org

I like this one

www.uncc.org

http://uncc.com

All through its history, and especially now, our University needs vibrant leadership.
In my opinion, someone quite a bit more youthful and able to inspire (and yes, LEAD) would serve us best.
We don’t need someone at the end of their career, but at the peak of their energy level.
And please, no one with a history at any of the other UNC system campuses.
If we could get our act together on one page, and quit proposing dopey names, and agree we ARE the University of Charlotte, we could make it a lot easier for CHP’s successor to get behind the name change.
Phil is really too conservative, laid-back, retired-in-place, etc. for what will become the state’s largest university. The next chancellor will have to be a great speaker and an even greater salesman, not afraid to rock the boat, and who won’t mind being branded a maverick (a mover and a shaker), and no bowing towards the Triangle several times per day!

All through its history, and especially now, our University needs vibrant leadership. In my opinion, someone quite a bit more youthful and able to inspire (and yes, LEAD) would serve us best. We don't need someone at the end of their career, but at the peak of their energy level. And please, no one with a history at any of the other UNC system campuses. If we could get our act together on one page, and quit proposing dopey names, and agree we ARE the University of Charlotte, we could make it a lot easier for CHP's successor to get behind the name change. Phil is really too conservative, laid-back, retired-in-place, etc. for what will become the state's largest university. The next chancellor will have to be a great speaker and an even greater salesman, not afraid to rock the boat, and who won't mind being branded a maverick (a mover and a shaker), and no bowing towards the Triangle several times per day!

nice post

only only one problem - the UNC has to hire the next, and the next, and the next person. So they will always choose the mold.

[QUOTE=metro;411786]nice post

only only one problem - the UNC has to hire the next, and the next, and the next person. So they will always choose the mold.[/QUOTE]

Ain’t it a bitch? Just hoping.

I like this one

www.uncc.org

Poor Western Nevada Community College. They had to use www.wnc.edu instead of www.wncc.edu because Western Nebraska Community College already took that address.

Thankfully, neither Upper Nevada nor Upper Nebraska has a community college yet.

Poor Western Nevada Community College. They had to use [URL=http://www.wnc.edu]www.wnc.edu[/URL] instead of [URL=http://www.wncc.edu]www.wncc.edu[/URL] because Western Nebraska Community College already took that address.

Thankfully, neither Upper Nevada nor Upper Nebraska has a community college yet.

:lol: wtf

I will throw a huge party if we can get him kicked out. A full week of celebrating!

I see nothing wrong with getting the Region behind us. I want the entire Metrolina region to think of us 1st in academics & athletics, but as UC, not UNCC.
And as much as I don’t like DuBois, I’m not in favor of asking for his resignation because he might pull football in retaliation. If we get football, he can stay, if we don’t, he can’t.

A great leader, and we have had many in our in the short history, has people skills, social skills, business skills, public relation skills, money raising skills, and shows strength of leadership that causes you to want to follow him and do anything he asks of you. How many of these attributes does Dubois exibit. Rate him in each one 1-10.

A great leader, and we have had many in our in the short history, has people skills, social skills, business skills, public relation skills, money raising skills, and shows strength of leadership that causes you to want to follow him and do anything he asks of you.
We've also had, and currently need, someone willing to stand up and fight for the school.
EPIC is not approved
I hope he doesn't offer this venture to chapel hill the same way he did OUR med school.

As much as I am Anti-Dubious I am more Pro-Football and any tool our BoT could get past BoG approval might make killing football priority #1. If Dubious tanks football himself I’ll roll out the guillotine myself!

I’m pretty sure the construction costs of EPIC have been approved… it’s the funding for the professors/staff that’s not finalized in this years budget yet. It’s included in the Senate version but not the House.

i would like to rebutt if i may. first, i think dubios has done a great job. First of all it doesn’t say that EPIC wasn’t approved it says they still plan to start construction at the end of the summer and completetion in 2011. with the state budget coming up in the red it is gonna be hard to get anything approved, esp. since people are taking pay cuts and laid off to stay afloat.

As far as football he does say they started designing the adminstrative part of the program, coaching offices, pratice fields and etc… to think everyone is going to start buying fsl now is just dumb. in this day of instant gradification to think people are going to pay for something they have to four years to even see is not reality. i read a article not to long ago that had a london survey that said people won’t go to the doctor for a check up because of the wait…The Doctor!!! don’t have time to wait a half hour for our health but to wait four years for football i don’t think so. I don’t think there is any reason to panic. I think a year before kick off that is when we should really begin to worry about fsl being pushed… Not only that i think right now they are working on the programs that have already been started such as the bioinformatics building and ect…i think to ask for a resignation of the chancellor how just gave you football is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Things aren’t going to change over night it is going to take time.

correct me if i am wrong i believe they are having a vote this semester on whether to change the name or not.

the only thing i would change is i wish he would push for more dorms on campus putting up 49er town like they were a couple years back and stop letting freshman drive. this would encourage more school spirt. i also wish they would push for larger and stronger greek system because they tend to donate to the school more and are more involved after graduation

i would like to rebutt if i may. first, i think dubios has done a great job. First of all it doesn't say that EPIC wasn't approved it says they still plan to start construction at the end of the summer and completetion in 2011. with the state budget coming up in the red it is gonna be hard to get anything approved, esp. since people are taking pay cuts and laid off to stay afloat.

As far as football he does say they started designing the adminstrative part of the program, coaching offices, pratice fields and etc… to think everyone is going to start buying fsl now is just dumb. in this day of instant gradification to think people are going to pay for something they have to four years to even see is not reality. i read a article not to long ago that had a london survey that said people won’t go to the doctor for a check up because of the wait…The Doctor!!! don’t have time to wait a half hour for our health but to wait four years for football i don’t think so. I don’t think there is any reason to panic. I think a year before kick off that is when we should really begin to worry about fsl being pushed… Not only that i think right now they are working on the programs that have already been started such as the bioinformatics building and ect…i think to ask for a resignation of the chancellor how just gave you football is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Things aren’t going to change over night it is going to take time.

correct me if i am wrong i believe they are having a vote this semester on whether to change the name or not.

the only thing i would change is i wish he would push for more dorms on campus putting up 49er town like they were a couple years back and stop letting freshman drive. this would encourage more school spirt. i also wish they would push for larger and stronger greek system because they tend to donate to the school more and are more involved after graduation

several points:

[LIST]
[]he never wanted football, and this whole effort annoys him, and he has been very negative to the press about it lately - he did it because it was crammed down his throat.
[
]as I mentioned in my first post, why is he hiding our largest flaw in his final newsletter? Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly we are becoming more irrelevant under his domain. Where are the results of STAMATS? Oh thats right, its not what he wanted to hear. Meanwhile other UNC system schools are ravaging us in the market because we remain a commuter school and that just breeds more kids with ACC gear on campus.
[*]people on campus (who recieve paychecks) are not remotely fans of his, ask around.
[/LIST]
CHP has proven time and time again he cares about 2 things: his career-ego, and being 1/16 of a school. He sent me an email which finished me with him and I quote him directly, “why should we take UNC out of our name? Look at the NC School of Arts recently changing to UNC School of the Arts. There is a reason they did that.”

I can’t support anyone with that mindset.

several points:

[LIST]
[]he never wanted football, and this whole effort annoys him, and he has been very negative to the press about it lately - he did it because it was crammed down his throat.
[
]as I mentioned in my first post, why is he hiding our largest flaw in his final newsletter? Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly we are becoming more irrelevant under his domain. Where are the results of STAMATS? Oh thats right, its not what he wanted to hear. Meanwhile other UNC system schools are ravaging us in the market because we remain a commuter school and that just breeds more kids with ACC gear on campus.
[*]people on campus (who recieve paychecks) are not remotely fans of his, ask around.
[/LIST]CHP has proven time and time again he cares about 2 things: his career-ego, and being 1/16 of a school. He sent me an email which finished me with him and I quote him directly, “why should we take UNC out of our name? Look at the NC School of Arts recently changing to UNC School of the Arts. There is a reason they did that.”

I can’t support anyone with that mindset.

While some my find metro a tad grating, this is one issue he is DOBA. Phil is such a drag on the potential of this institution its almost depressing.

[QUOTE=croakie49er;411884]

I don’t think there is any reason to panic. I think a year before kick off that is when we should really begin to worry about fsl being pushed… [/QUOTE]

We have until October to get 5000 FSL’s sold. If not football could go away.

I don't think there is any reason to panic. I think a year before kick off that is when we should really begin to worry about fsl being pushed..

What money will they use to start the program if they don’t sell any FSLs?

You’re sort of correct. The students will vote, but Phil has already told SGA he doesn’t care what the students think about it.

i also wish they would push for larger and stronger greek system because they tend to donate to the school more and are more involved after graduation

Like the ones that wear Tarheel hats around campus and root against our baseball team?

Or the ones who stand awkwardly during basketball games and/or only actually fill their reserved section for big games?

While some my find metro a tad grating, this is one issue he is DOBA. Phil is such a drag on the potential of this institution its almost depressing.

thx…I think :biggrin:

you will be grating too, if you manage to still be a diehard 49er fan by the time you are 35 (and still care to care). It takes its toll when you put it all on the line and the school doesn’t reciprocate.

Its like my favorite aunt asked me a month ago, “why don’t you like the Tarheels winning the title? You are part of them.” :huh:
Thats how Joe Q Public thinks.

What money will they use to start the program if they don't sell any FSLs?

You’re sort of correct. The students will vote, but Phil has already told SGA he doesn’t care what the students think about it.

Like the ones that wear Tarheel hats around campus and root against our baseball team?

Or the ones who stand awkwardly during basketball games and/or only actually fill their reserved section for big games?

Greeks were the original best fans at Halton. Bobby used to salute the Delta Sigs and shake their hands behind the bench in the CUSA days, but somehow that dissolved.

Lefty could probably elaborate, seems like he was one.