Phil Dubois Resignation Call

Greeks were the original best fans at Halton. Bobby used to salute the Delta Sigs and shake their hands behind the bench in the CUSA days, but somehow that dissolved.

Lefty could probably elaborate, seems like he was one.

I know who you’re talking about, but things have changed drastically in the past 4 years.

Can some explain to me how

One important footnote to the budget discussions will be the future of our EPIC program. The Senate version of the budget includes $5 million in funding over a two-year period for the operation of our Energy Production and Infrastructure. The funds would cover program expenses, including 25 faculty members and additional support staff. We are working with lawmakers to ensure that this appropriation remains in the final version of the state budget. To put the importance of this project into perspective, we currently have 2,900 students enrolled in engineering programs at UNC Charlotte. Approximately 500 of these students graduate each year. EPIC will allow us to grow that program to 3,500 students and 650 degrees annually, a significant support for the burgeoning energy production sector in the Charlotte region.

translates to

EPIC is not approved

and how it is Phil Dubois fault?

I’m not taking sides on this, but I don’t like when people take things out of context.

Greeks were the original best fans at Halton. Bobby used to salute the Delta Sigs and shake their hands behind the bench in the CUSA days, but somehow that dissolved.

Lefty could probably elaborate, seems like he was one.

It’s because they moved Greek seating. My freshman year it was right behind the bench and the section was packed. After that, Greek seating was redone and it pissed off a lot of Greeks at the time.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;412310]It’s because they moved Greek seating. [/QUOTE]
which is what they should have done sooner than they did.

It's because they moved Greek seating. My freshman year it was right behind the bench and the section was packed. After that, Greek seating was redone and it pissed off a lot of Greeks at the time.

That’s bull****, they were the worst section in Halton long before they moved. Trust me, my freshman year I sat in the middle of the greek section probably six or seven times. They show up in small numbers, wear other schools’ gear, and don’t get into the chants at all. They deserved to get booted. Although I will say, they did fall a long ways from what they used to be, but Delta Sig was usually pretty good about showing up and getting loud.

And don’t get me started on the sororities…

[QUOTE=Chisox17;412361]That’s bull****, [B]they were the worst section in Halton [/B][B]long before they moved.[/B] Trust me, my freshman year I sat in the middle of the greek section probably six or seven times. [B]They show up in small numbers, wear other schools’ gear, and don’t get into the chants at all[/B]. [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]They deserved to get booted[/COLOR][/B]. Although I will say, they did fall a long ways from what they used to be, but Delta Sig was usually pretty good about showing up and getting loud.

And don’t get me started on the sororities…[/QUOTE]

In their defense I do see them . . .only when ESPN shows up for big game hoping for a TV chance. They do remind me of mustard boy. Instead of wearing other school’s gears, these “attention whores” can start showing up as hot dogs, burgers etc…:tongue:
They don’t need to complain about being moved. I like to see them work hard on earning their right to be back where they were.

They deserved to get booted.
Agreed.
And don't get me started on the sororities..
Come on Chisox. We want to know.
In their defense I do see them . . .only when ESPN shows up for big game hoping for a TV chance. They do remind me of mustard boy. Instead of wearing other school's gears, these "attention whores" can start showing up as hot dogs, burgers etc..:tongue: They don't need to complain about being moved. I like to see them work hard on earning their right to be back where they were.

I think that is a little harsh. The biggest issue was that the ticket office held too many tickets for each organization, so the people who did show up ended up in empty rows. If 10 people from a fraternity go to a game, why would the ticket office give them 30 tickets?

But this isn’t the point of the thread…

[QUOTE=Noreaster;412371]I think that is a little harsh. The biggest issue was that the ticket office held too many tickets for each organization, so the people who did show up ended up in empty rows. If 10 people from a fraternity go to a game, why would the ticket office give them 30 tickets?

But this isn’t the point of the thread…[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know the ticket office hands out other school’s gears, either. The frat boys sure as heck pack their assigned section . . . only when ESPN is in the house though. :smile:

As you were saying this isn’t the point of the thread.:tongue:

As as side note, I wish there was a group of people who would get excited about sitting in the end zones and get wild. It would make a difference.

Now back to Phil…

[QUOTE=metro;412245]Greeks were the original best fans at Halton. Bobby used to salute the Delta Sigs and shake their hands behind the bench in the CUSA days, but somehow that dissolved.

Lefty could probably elaborate, seems like he was one.[/QUOTE]

No, I wasn’t a Delta Sig. One of my roomates in Colville II was one and I had a lot of friends who were. They were very active with supporting many of the sports when others didn’t. They would go to the women’s basketball and volleyball and give the other team and coach hell. They were great about support but still wanted their Greek letters to be front and center. They did wear green at least, unlike the others.

But frats were loyal and they have a CONNECTION to the university. They did a lot of things for the school and community, took pride in their organization and the school. That’s what’s lacking with a lot of students. They’re just there to get a degree. I think it’s a lot better now, which is why we see the great turnout and enthusiasm for men’s basketball.

But frats were loyal and they have a CONNECTION to the university. They did a lot of things for the school and community, took pride in their organization and the school.
Funny, because it's the opposite now.

It’s time for Mr. Burns’ retirement.

Funny, because it's the opposite now.

This could also apply to the part about people coming to women’s basketball and volleyball games.

It's time for [B]Mr. Burns'[/B] retirement.

:lmao: nice

[QUOTE=Hooner49;412413]It’s time for Mr. Burns’ retirement.[/QUOTE]

EX-cellent

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;412416]This could also apply to the part about people coming to women’s basketball and volleyball games.[/QUOTE] maybe. but not being interested in our women’s programs does not mean someone’s spirit is lacking. many of our better fans could care less about the women’s programs. and that’s true for every school. and most average sports fans.

maybe. but not being interested in our women's programs does not mean someone's spirit is lacking. many of our better fans could care less about the women's programs. and that's true for every school. and most average sports fans.

I personally feel like the very fact that my school is competing is all that is needed to interest me. I hate college football and think it’s boring, but I would still attend college football games if we fielded a team. There’s a difference between not caring about women’s sports and not caring out OUR women’s sports…at least to me.

I will say that some of our sports do not offer facilities that make it easy to enjoy them. I’m thinking primarily of softball and those horrible bleachers. I could see that argument for either men’s or women’s soccer (or even baseball), but it doesn’t work for games played in the friendly confines of Halton.

Can some explain to me how

translates to

and how it is Phil Dubois fault?

I’m not taking sides on this, but I don’t like when people take things out of context.

you are putting words in my mouth guy- I never blamed Phil Dubois for anything about EPIC.

I went thru a 10 page PDF and the cliff note was basically EPIC is not approved in full (hence the words “final version” in his paragraph)…talk about context my man.

my post had one meaning and one meaning only- CHP is not addressing the U’s single greatest issue, and that is MARKETING. He had STAMATS do a 250k study and told him exactly what we say on here: Get rid of the UNC. So he didn’t like the result, and its laughable he writes a year end letter to “the schools friends” and no mention of it, or a program to further ourself in the public eye.

the way I see it, the U’s friends want U of C, the schools enemies want it UNCC…to bad our chancellor is an enemy.

I can’t call for the guy’s head at this time. No one would even mention the word football, including Judy, before him. He helped get the ball rolling and challenged the 5000 pledges to put their money where their mouth was and 1/3 or less answered.

I don’t know what is going on behind the scenes that is for or against football. I will bet the guy has a hard enough time with other funding problems. I just wish he would show more commitment to football but I feel the same about the missing 2/3 majority of people who said they would support football.

That being said, I hope to see some sort of improvement from the missing majority by offering up a reasonable payment plan. Even so, it will take some big outside dollars to get this football plan rolling and to inspire the remainder majority and the Charlotte area.