Phil Jones

I logged into facebook.com and noticed this in my news feed.

Phillip Jones is wishing the NCAA would clear him. 10:17pm

Anyone know anything about this?

oh &**%… :ohmy:

What!? I logged on and nothing showed up in my ticker… Nooooooo. Say it ain’t so! Someone needs to ask Bobby at the Uptown thing today. If I go I will try and ask him.

what does clearing mean?

[QUOTE=marcushe;195431]what does clearing mean?[/QUOTE]
I’m assuming this is reffering to being cleared to play.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I can’t find anything about it anywhere else. And I’m sure if he wasn’t cleared it would have been news a while ago.

Well, this would be pretty damn important if it’s true…and with the way our luck seems to run around here.

Can anyone in the know confirm, deny or clear this distrubing thread up?

[QUOTE=max;195434]…and with the way our luck seems to run around here…[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. We have the worst luck. When was the last time we had all of our signees end up playing? Its always something…

I’ll check fb again when I get off work, and see if it still says that…

still says it.

Argh!!! Say it ain’t so. The lack of response from the “folks in the know” is beginning to worry me. Where’s Lefty?

How current was his post? One of the reasons he didn’t sign earlier with anyone had something to do with academics.

The clearing process doesn’t start until he enrolls, which is something I wasn’t aware of until Lefty pointed it out to me.

but bill walker can play next semester?

My guess is there’s lots of paperwork involved when dealing with multiple high schools. The NCAA has to have all the pieces in order to make decisions. Everyone talks as if he’s going to be playing this year, including him being out at the Uptown event.

Utter gives me this update:

Beginning Wednesday, Charlotte 49ers freshman center Phil Jones may not participate in basketball practices or games until the NCAA completes a review of his academic qualifications.

Story upcoming on charlotte.com

Isnt it a bit late in the game for this just to be coming out?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;195539]Utter gives me this update:

Beginning Wednesday, Charlotte 49ers freshman center Phil Jones may not participate in basketball practices or games until the NCAA completes a review of his academic qualifications.

Story upcoming on charlotte.com[/QUOTE]
:wow: Wwwhhyyyyyyy!?!?!? Will there be details to at least tell us why? There’s an exhibition Saturday against a team with out a true center. How long will this be?!

Utter gives me this update:

Story upcoming on charlotte.com

I swear… being the Bad News Bears before baskeball season even starts is getting old.
:coffee: :cuss:

Why do I see his participation in “Basketball Madness” coming back to haunt the team?

Guess its because I always seem to recall the NCAA doing incredibly stupid things at the worst possible time.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/15894622.htm

Utter’s story.