Pierria Henry - Portsmouth Invitational

[font=arial][/font]

[font=arial]
[size=14px]Pierria Henry (Charlotte) and Nimrod Hilliard (North Carolina Central) – [/size][size=14px]To a lesser extent, Henry and Hilliard also helped themselves out a great deal at PIT. Two guys from smaller schools who weren’t really on anyone’s radar. Henry was one of the NCAA leaders in steals and he showed it at PIT. He’s a wild horse, swiping at ball-handlers and then racing out in transition. Henry was one of the best guys all weekend at getting to the hoop, he just can’t finish. Henry did lead PIT in assists. Hilliard has the body mass of most teenagers but he’s a capable floor general who can hit open shots. He was fourth overall in assists and showed that if he can pack on a few more pounds, he’s got a pro career ahead of him.[/size][/font]
[font=arial][/font]

http://euroleagueadventures.com/scouting-the-2015-portsmouth-invitational-international-perspective/

Ugggh. Smaller schools. Make me angry to read that.

Me too, but… We’re a LARGE school in enrollment, but currently [size=1]small [/size]in basketball stature. +, the writer is ignorant.

we’re not really a “smaller school”; just among the “little people” of basketball! that’s what they mean.

Me too, but… We’re a LARGE school in enrollment, but currently [size=0.7em]small [/size]in basketball stature. +, the writer is ignorant.[/quote]

Not me. We are small.

“H[font=arial][size=14px]e just can’t finish” was harder to stomach.[/size][/font]

No, we’re not. Currently irrelevant? YES. Small? NO.

Small? No

Smalltime? Absolutely at this point.

I’ll give the writer the benefit of the doubt on this one

Congratulations to Henry on doing so well. That’s good to hear. I wonder if he gets with the right coaching staff (assuming he goes pro somewhere) if he will develop his ability to finish.

I’d say the analyst was fairly generous with his review. But I hope others felt the same way.

It looks like he played fairly well in his first game. 8 pts, 11 assts, 6 rebs. But played mostly ho-hum in the other 2 games. He only made 3 FGs for the tourney, shooting 16% for the tourney. :frowning:

The games were viewable online and he played like he didn’t care to be there (no surprise there) which I just don’t understand for someone playing in front of NBA scouts from every team.

So Henry played like he didn’t care to be there or “[font=arial][size=14px]He’s a wild horse, swiping at ball-handlers and then racing out in transition. Henry was one of the best guys all weekend at getting to the hoop,” ?[/size][/font]

[font=arial][/size][size=14px]Sounds like two polar opinions.[/size][/font]

So Henry played like he didn’t care to be there or “[font=arial]He’s a wild horse, swiping at ball-handlers and then racing out in transition. Henry was one of the best guys all weekend at getting to the hoop,” ?[/font]

[font=arial]Sounds like two polar opinions.[/font][/quote]

That is the maddening thing about his game. He plays so hard at times and is all over the court and then apppears to mentally check out have stupid turnovers and just generally play like he doesn’t care - all in the same game.

Pierria would have benefitted greatly from playing even just one year under Mark Price.

We hope. There is no proof of that to date. Just sayin’

Per Zagoria, Henry will workout with Nuggets tomorrow. Group includes Sam Dekker, Jerian Grant, and Sir’Dominic Pointer. FWIW, Stanley Johnson gets a solo workout in the Mile High City.

Sir Purr’s cousin?

Sir Purr’s cousin?[/quote]
Word is Pointer is turning heads during the pre-draft workouts. Denver will be 18th team he’s auditioned for.

Henry has workouts lined up with Philly, Dallas, Portland, Denver, Detroit and last but not least, Charlotte…

PH might just be further evidencing the ineptitude of the coaching staff

Devin Booker and Darian Atkins also part of today’s group workout. Pretty good half dozen there with at least three first round picks.