Plan B???

[URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/640442.html]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/640442.html[/URL]

“It gets you started,” Dubois said Thursday.

Thats all I ask!

Maybe he really does want it?

F***

I am hoping they allow people more than a month and a half before changing plans in a drastic way. I wish the numbers were higher, but there are a lot of people that simply had to slow things down financially.

BTW, I just looked up “revewal” on dictionary.com and found nothing.

Editor please?

[QUOTE=C49er;398792]BTW, I just looked up “revewal” on dictionary.com and found nothing.

Editor please?[/QUOTE]

Bahahahah I thought the exact same thing when I first saw it

I wish they had been more flexible with payment plans. Myself, and two other Niners had dinner the other night and had discussed the economy and football. If we had the opportunity to pay monthly, we would have been able to fulfill out commitment. If my wife hadn’t lost her job, we would have paid in full, but the economic realities need to be met with flexibility from the ticket office.

[QUOTE=jbradshaw;398806]I wish they had been more flexible with payment plans. Myself, and two other Niners had dinner the other night and had discussed the economy and football. If we had the opportunity to pay monthly, we would have been able to fulfill out commitment. If my wife hadn’t lost her job, we would have paid in full, but the economic realities need to be met with flexibility from the ticket office.[/QUOTE]

Can you do it if they offered monthly payment?

Plan B? Is that adoption or abortion?

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;398807]Can you do it if they offered monthly payment?[/QUOTE]

I can once I get a job again

I wish they had been more flexible with payment plans. Myself, and two other Niners had dinner the other night and had discussed the economy and football. If we had the opportunity to pay monthly, we would have been able to fulfill out commitment. If my wife hadn't lost her job, we would have paid in full, but the economic realities need to be met with flexibility from the ticket office.
Truth. We are a family and need to work together on this to make it work, especially in these trying times.

That was my thing… Doing it over a four year period is not too big of a problem since I graduate this year, but with it being annual payments, I just don’t have the cash to pony up 1/4 of the money right up front. I want to so bad, but with the economy the way it is, I just can’t afford to let it go right now. If it had been half that amount, $250 instead of $500, I would have already paid it. I was even hoping for quarterly payments over four years which would have put my two FSLs at $125 per quarter and only the first and second quarters would have given me trouble.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;398818]That was my thing… Doing it over a four year period is not too big of a problem since I graduate this year, but with it being annual payments, I just don’t have the cash to pony up 1/4 of the money right up front. I want to so bad, but with the economy the way it is, I just can’t afford to let it go right now. If it had been half that amount, $250 instead of $500, I would have already paid it. I was even hoping for quarterly payments over four years which would have put my two FSLs at $125 per quarter and only the first and second quarters would have given me trouble.[/QUOTE]

Buy one seat now, then one in June! If you can put $250 out now that’s fine as hell! Then you have 3 months to get another $250 for the other!

Stake Your Claim!!!

i feel a little better about dubois wanting a team now. what is the cost of renovations to memorial stadium? will we use that as plan c if necessary? i think the main thing is to just get it started.

Gene Johnson is the man. He always has a firm grasp on the situation.

Ticket count sux but plan b sounds like a better idea to get us playing on campus fast. Do they make LEED bleachers or PortaJohns?

i feel a little better about dubois wanting a team now. what is the cost of renovations to memorial stadium? will we use that as plan c if necessary? i think the main thing is to just get it started.

I was wondering the same thing about Memorial Stadium. Of course an on campus facility would be ideal, but these are tough economic times. Playing there would also increase our presence near center city… just be a pain for students to get there. It is def. all about just getting it started now.

[QUOTE=MeanJoeGreen;398833]Ticket count sux but plan b sounds like a better idea to get us playing on campus fast. Do they make LEED bleachers or PortaJohns?[/QUOTE]

Now that IS funny…

Two things that have turned a lot of people off:

1. Requiring those needing/wanting more than 4 tickets to give $1,500 annually to preserve their seats. You killed off families of 5+ right there, as if their burden was not high enough already having to purchase 5+ FSLs.

2. The seating plan itself. You give $1000 per seat for a startup football team and you’re stuck between the 30 yard line and the end zone? Asking people to donate $1000 for a non-existant seat and then sticking them towards the end zone probably did not sit well with some folks.

It doesn’t sound like either of those things will be addressed in their plan B, and it also appears that more than a few FSL holders will be sitting in the bleachers at the Belk track, according to that article, if Plan B is enacted. Although I will say, I would rather the games be played there than at the run down shanty.

I don’t buy that the economy is the lone reason for 4096 FSL’s not being paid for. It sounds like some folks that committed are renegging for reasons other than job security, or lack thereof. The Athletic Department needs to be finding out what those reasons are. While the economy is the reason for several non payments, I thinks it’s a convenient excuse for others to back out because they never intended to pay up from the get-go.

[QUOTE=X-49er;398839]I don’t buy that the economy is the lone reason for 4096 FSL’s not being paid for. It sounds like some folks that committed are renegging for reasons other than job security, or lack thereof. The Athletic Department needs to be finding out what those reasons are. While the economy is the reason for several non payments, I thinks it’s a convenient excuse for others to back out because they never intended to pay up from the get-go.[/QUOTE]

You may be right but don’t discount the economy, I know a lot of Charlotte grads who are now out of work and several who wanted to get FSL’s before they lost their jobs. Some would definently benifit from monthy payments but not the school.

I like the fact that CHP appears to want to get football started even if it’s with a Plan B. Had he came out and requested that we move football back I can only imagine the outrage on this board this morning.