Plan B???

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/640442.html[/URL]

This is why I started the other “FSL” thread…They should have started the “marketing blitz” already! Get on with it—we need TV and radio commercials, billboards, newspaper ads, etc…AND FAST!-----These things should have begun back in Dece/January when the campaign was still getting a lot of attention in the media. The last 2-3 months of almost NO NEWS on the football front for the average person in the area allowed the momentum to be lost!

[QUOTE=919R;398853]This is why I started the other “FSL” thread…They should have started the “marketing blitz” already! Get on with it—we need TV and radio commercials, billboards, newspaper ads, etc…AND FAST!-----These things should have begun back in Dece/January when the campaign was still getting a lot of attention in the media. The last 2-3 months of almost NO NEWS on the football front for the average person in the area allowed the momentum to be lost![/QUOTE]

I agree the momentum should been built up this day. Now the negative “I told you so” stories will be all over the place.

I do believe the economy is largely influencing the ticket interest. If you’re out of work or fear losing your job, it’s pretty tough to plunk down $250 - $1000 for something you won’t get to enjoy until 2013.

I hope we don’t scale this back too far and interest picks up greatly as we get closer to actually playing.

"thats a daunting challenge" he said..

Dubois was not encouraged by the response. “That (number) does concern me,” he said.

MY BIGGEST ISSUE WITH PHIL DUBOIS (CHP) IS THAT HE IS THE MOST PESSIMISTIC JERK I’VE EVER HEARD! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO LAUNCH SOMETHING OF THIS MAGNITUDE WHEN THE CEO IS AGAINST IT?

WHY CAN’T HE SAY:
NOBODY THOUGHT HALTON ARENA COULD HAPPEN, NOBODY THOUGHT MS HAYES WOULD STEP UP, WHO COULD IMAGINE OUR CAMPUS WOULD LOOK AS IT DOES TODAY COMPARED TO 15 YRS AGO? THE NINER FERVOR AND SPIRIT WILL HURDLE THIS TOO!!!"

[COLOR=SeaGreen]
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][COLOR=SeaGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen]Is that too much to ask Mr. “leader” instead of your rainy day gloom 24-7???[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

We have known that if we wanted football tickets we would have to pay for $1000 FSL’s since September. I put in my pledge in in September and then started planning my finances accordingly, creating my own ‘monthly payment plan’ if you will. They were even talking of the 4 year payment plan back then.

I understand the folks that have lost their jobs, but people shouldn’t really be surprised at the payment plan.

Perhaps people are like me. Wait till the very last second to pay. I’m always of the mindset to let my money work for me as long as possible.

Can you do it if they offered monthly payment?

yes.

charlotte has a lot of young working alumni. i’m sure there are more folks like me who would feel much more comfortable in these times paying something down and then $25/month rather than plunking down large chunks of cash.

The more I look at the situation, we as a university look like real bunch of a$$ clowns today. I understand that for many people that there were unforseen circumstances but only 1300 is a joke.

[QUOTE=49erAlumnus;398831]Gene Johnson is the man. He always has a firm grasp on the situation.[/QUOTE]

If Gene Johnson is the man, why hasn’t he put in his money yet? Why is this guy the chairman of the committee?

I hope things turn around soon. If we can’t get a better response than we don’t deserve football at Charlotte. I know it’s a recession and people have lost their jobs but if you have a job and made a commitment, it’s time to pony up.

I do believe the economy is largely influencing the ticket interest. If you’re out of work or fear losing your job, it’s pretty tough to plunk down $250 - $1000 for something you won’t get to enjoy until 2013.

I hope we don’t scale this back too far and interest picks up greatly as we get closer to actually playing.

I don’t think people realize—momentum needs to p-u NOW, or we won’t be playing LATER. If $$$ don’t start coming in this entire thing will go down the tubes never to be heard from again!!!We HAVE to raise significant dollars NOW!!!

…and, IMO this article today just made it even harder. Who will now want to put this money down if it looks like the whole thing is struggling (people will begin wondering if the team will ever happen—that then begs the question, how/when would I get my $$ back if it does).

The more I look at the situation, we as a university look like real bunch of a$$ clowns today. I understand that for many people that there were unforseen circumstances but only 1300 is a joke.

I’m telling you, this is what I’ve been posting for weeks now…this is serious folks, its all about public perception and right or wrong we RIGHT NOW look like we are failing our first big hurdle…bad economy or not.:unhappy:

Our football is named after Birth Control. LOL.

Why aren’t they being more flexible with the payments? It seems like this would be the easiest thing to correct.

It has been painstaking defending our choice about football to my co-workers today. Money speaks volumes.

Inflexible payment methods combined with horrid marketing so far.

The lack of donations is surely a shock to the bright folks in our AD…

How are payment methods inflexible? Everyone has had since September to save up.

How are payment methods inflexible? Everyone has had since September to save up.
We're in a recession and the AD is being stubborn in how they will accept payments.
We're in a recession and the AD is being stubborn in how they will accept payments.
we were in a recession when these "commitments" were made.

Setting up a plan for $25 per month for 10 months/year would be so easy and would surely increase sales.

we were in a recession when these "commitments" were made.
We were in the beginning, and most people are bad with their money. Shrug.
Setting up a plan for $25 per month for 10 months/year would be so easy and would surely increase sales.
This.