Plan B???

They allowed us to make payments over 4 years. I really donā€™t understand what else people want, a daily payment plan? I know people are losing jobs and economic conditions are tough but we all knew in September that the situation would not be easy in the coming months. I hope I didnā€™t bring my lunch to work everyday for 6 months to watch this puppy go down the drain.

How are payment methods inflexible? Everyone has had since September to save up.

I agreeā€¦I understand the folks who have lost their jobs, but 80% of the people who committed have not followed through and now the school is looking really bad at the worst possible time!!!..I said it before, but it looks to me like Judy was rightā€”fantasy money was much easier to spend for quite a few!:unhappy:

They allowed us to make payments over 4 years. I really don't understand what else people want, a daily payment plan? I know people are losing jobs and economic conditions are tough but we all knew in September that the situation would not be easy in the coming months. I hope I didn't bring my lunch to work everyday for 6 months to watch this puppy go down the drain.

I wonder how many people on this board have gotten 0% interest credit cards to buy appliances, electronics, etc. Why not just save up for that $800 washing machine?

[QUOTE=919R;398945]I said it before, but it looks to me like Judy was rightā€”fantasy money was much easier to spend for quite a few!:unhappy:[/QUOTE]

There are gonna be quite a few of us with egg on our face if this doesnt turn around fast. I do think they need to market this better. What weā€™ve gotten so far is eerily similar to the same 1300 or so diehards that can always be counted to show up at bball games.

There are gonna be quite a few of us with egg on our face if this doesnt turn around fast. I do think they need to market this better. What we've gotten so far is eerily similar to the same 1300 or so diehards that can always be counted to show up at bball games.
Aren't those the only people that have any expectation to commit at the moment? There has been a very weak marketing blitz so far.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;398948]I wonder how many people on this board have gotten 0% interest credit cards to buy appliances, electronics, etc. Why not just save up for that $800 washing machine?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactlyā€¦I guess people expected the money to magically appear in their accounts come April.

Aren't those the only people that have any expectation to commit at the moment? There has been a very weak marketing blitz so far.

I agreeā€”however, we are talking about 80% of people not following through who HAD ALREADY COMMITTED! Those folks should NOT have needed more ā€œmarketingā€, although it still would have ā€œhelpedā€ bring in additional buyers and to keep the program in everyoneā€™s mind over the last few months!

So I guess adding on to Belk is more than feasible.

[QUOTE=919R;398972]I agreeā€”however, we are talking about 80% of people not following through who HAD ALREADY COMMITTED! Those folks should NOT have needed more ā€œmarketingā€, although it still would have ā€œhelpedā€ bring in additional buyers and to keep the program in everyoneā€™s mind over the last few months![/QUOTE]
Agreed.

Online sales as of 12:10 todayā€¦ 615 green, 67 gold. If the number is at approximately 1350, I hope Mr. Postman and the ticket office are very busy today.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;398950]eerily similar to the same 1300 or so diehards that can always be counted to show up at bball games.[/QUOTE]

Thought the exact same thing as I read the story.

I donā€™t mind Plan B. Surely not the best option, but it would enhance part of the campus and that is a main reason I have never liked the Memorial Stadium idea. If you have to think of alternatives to the $45 million stadium, at least invest in something on campus.

I liked everything Gene saidā€¦except that his FSLs are not counted yet. When they had the press conference that announced Rucker, Minter, etcā€¦they shouldā€™ve had each of them turn in their FSLs during the presser.

I am not concerned yet about football happening for the 49ers. However, if certain things donā€™t happen in the coming months, I could be damn pissed off sometime this summer.

as far as marketing done so farā€¦why are any of us supporters surprised at the actions to date?

Three things:

#1) A commitment is a commitment. I hope by the end of the day that all employed Niners follow through.

#2) Flexible options. As suggested by many already, the athletic office should open up payment options for seat licenses moving forward. If people canā€™t pay a flat sum, put a plan together that has a low interest rate.

#3) Bridge the gap. Too much of a difference between the green and gold seats. With the number of gold committed to date, there will be quite a few empty seats between the 30 yard lines. Push the gold seats between the 40ā€™s and come up with a new section between the 30 and 40. Offer these to all green ticket holders for just $1500 each. I bet many of us would upgrade our contribution to do this. (count me in if this happens).

the people who made commitments for things more than they needed, and now are backtracking sound eerily familiar to the items that got us in this recession. . . . . . .

I am actually not all that dissapointed in plan B. Stadium is still on campus. That is a big concern for me.

When is the official deadline?

I think the worst part of this for me is all of the so-called Niner fans (on and off NNN) that arenā€™t willing to spend $250 on 49er football. I guess that I thought there were more people who loved this school enough and had dreamed of football here for long enough that they would be willing to part with $250ā€¦think about it. $250ā€¦I am NOT rich by any stretch, but damn Iā€™ve dreamed of football here for 20+ years. If I would have had to put $250 on a credit card and pay 25% interest I would do it. Its $250, not $25,000ā€¦dang.

ā€¦I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is that I am just disappointed that there are apparently not as many others that feel this strongly as I thought (hoped) there wereā€¦:weep:

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;399011]When is the official deadline?[/QUOTE]

I believe the ā€˜deadlineā€™ is today for the people who comitted to buy FSLā€™s. After today, anyone else who didnā€™t commit can buy an FSL.

[QUOTE=919R;399049]I think the worst part of this for me is all of the so-called Niner fans (on and off NNN) that arenā€™t willing to spend $250 on 49er football. I guess that I thought there were more people who loved this school enough and had dreamed of football here for long enough that they would be willing to part with $250ā€¦think about it. $250ā€¦I am NOT rich by any stretch, but damn Iā€™ve dreamed of football here for 20+ years. If I would have had to put $250 on a credit card and pay 25% interest I would do it. Its $250, not $25,000ā€¦dang.

ā€¦I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is that I am just disappointed that there are apparently not as many others that feel this strongly as I thought (hoped) there wereā€¦:weep:[/QUOTE]

QFT

I am very disappointed that people are willing to let this fail because of payment plans and seating arrangements.

Donā€™t worry Mr. Bojangleā€™s itā€™s not going to fail.
The $ is coming.
The people who havenā€™t been on the board since Sept. just have to show up today to run their mouths.

Don't worry Mr. Bojangle's it's not going to fail. The $ is coming. The people who haven't been on the board since Sept. just have to show up today to run their mouths.

I hope it does, but any way you look at it (the article today and the $$$ paid so far) it is NOT GOOD.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;399072]Donā€™t worry Mr. Bojangleā€™s itā€™s not going to fail.
The $ is coming.
The people who havenā€™t been on the board since Sept. just have to show up today to run their mouths.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea because spending more time on this board will bring the $$$ in.