Plan B???

[QUOTE=ninermike;398900]If Gene Johnson is the man, why hasnā€™t he put in his money yet? Why is this guy the chairman of the committee?

[/QUOTE]

Gene will. And it will be slightly more than $1000. Heā€™s not the issue. Could he have worded his statement differently? Sure. But then again, weā€™re not all up to ninermike standards. However, his comment does draw attention to something. The April 3rd deadline is a farce. I guess that the administration is going to have to go out and work for itā€¦

[QUOTE=49erAlumnus;399089]Gene will. And it will be slightly more than $1000. Heā€™s not the issue. Could he have worded his statement differently? Sure. But then again, weā€™re not all up to ninermike standards. However, his comment does draw attention to something. The April 3rd deadline is a farce. I guess that the administration is going to have to go out and work for itā€¦[/QUOTE]

While I think this is more effort than weā€™ve seen for a lot of fundraising, it is curious that they are so stringent in their fund raising efforts.

I wonder if they are going to have merchandise that funds the football effort (jerseys, helmets, t-shirts, footballs, flags, etc) and why havenā€™t they addressed the people who are asking for another way to pay? What is the difference between $250 at one time and $50 a month for 5 months? If they let people pay $25 a month, it would only take 40 months, less than 4 years for the FSLs to be paid off. So not only are you still getting the money, youā€™re getting it sooner. Or, even better $50 a month and you get it paid off in less than 2 years.

For a lot of shoppers it is a psychological thing. $50 a month is easier to muster than dropping $250 in one shot, even though the $250 would just mean saving up for 5 months. But, even more so is $1000 at a time, which would be $100-$200 a month with monthly installments.

Options are always best for consumers.

I didnt pledge for tickets, and the reason was simple. As a young proffesional with 1 kid and another due next wednesday, I didnt want to commit to anything that I wasnt sure I would be able to follow through on.

When the dollar amounts were released, I knew I was priced out. Had they had made the payment plans a little more flexible, I would have no problem swinging it I think. But its already hard for me to justify to the wife the purchase of 3 season tickets each year for bball.

I imagine there are tons of people in my boat (although I think if you felt you wouldnt be able to follow through with this, you shouldnt have pledged). Its a ****ty time to be launching football. Luck of the Niners I guess.

I hope they pull this out and figure out a way to make it a little more accessible to everyone.

I didnt pledge for tickets, and the reason was simple. As a young proffesional with 1 kid and another due next wednesday, I didnt want to commit to anything that I wasnt sure I would be able to follow through on.

When the dollar amounts were released, I knew I was priced out. Had they had made the payment plans a little more flexible, I would have no problem swinging it I think. But its already hard for me to justify to the wife the purchase of 3 season tickets each year for bball.

I imagine there are tons of people in my boat (although I think if you felt you wouldnt be able to follow through with this, you shouldnt have pledged). Its a ****ty time to be launching football. Luck of the Niners I guess.

I hope they pull this out and figure out a way to make it a little more accessible to everyone.

Iā€™m in the same boat as you basicallyā€¦ minus I donā€™t have a kid due next week, but have had one recently. I just couldnā€™t afford it. Maybe once there really is a team, I could, but all I can do is be vocally supportive. Sorry if that isnā€™t enough for some.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;399098]Iā€™m in the same boat as you basicallyā€¦ minus I donā€™t have a kid due next week, but have had one recently. I just couldnā€™t afford it. Maybe once there really is a team, I could, but all I can do is be vocally supportive. Sorry if that isnā€™t enough for some.[/QUOTE]

I think the majority who are upset, they are upset at the people who actually pledged and didnā€™t show up. I have no problems with someone who didnā€™t pledge money.

[QUOTE=casstommy;399093]I didnt pledge for tickets, and the reason was simple. As a young proffesional with 1 kid and another due next wednesday, I didnt want to commit to anything that I wasnt sure I would be able to follow through on.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for not pledging and padding the numbers like some others may have. Good luck next week!

I think the majority who are upset, they are upset at the people who actually pledged and didn't show up. I have no problems with someone who didn't pledge money.

I do agree with this.

[QUOTE=casstommy;399093]I didnt pledge for tickets, and the reason was simple. As a young proffesional with 1 kid and another due next wednesday, I didnt want to commit to anything that I wasnt sure I would be able to follow through on.

I hope they pull this out and figure out a way to make it a little more accessible to everyone.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;399098]Iā€™m in the same boat as you basicallyā€¦ minus I donā€™t have a kid due next week, but have had one recently. I just couldnā€™t afford it. Maybe once there really is a team, I could, but all I can do is be vocally supportive. Sorry if that isnā€™t enough for some.[/QUOTE]

Throw me in that boat also. I was excited about football before the details on the FSLā€™s and stuff came out. I have 4 season tickets for basketball, and will need at least 6 for football. $6000 was steep, but the required $1500 PER YEAR for those with 5+ FSLā€™s did me in. I can swing 6000 over the next 4 years, somehow, but I canā€™t guarantee $1500 per year with an 8 month old and likely more to come before we take the field. If that wasnā€™t enough, weā€™re not even going to get good seats if we managed to come up with the money. Does my 49er Club membership for 12 years plus my rank count for anything?

And I know people have told me, ā€œX, buy 1, or buy 2 FSLā€™s if thatā€™s all you can affordā€ just to get one/some. Well thatā€™s all well and good until I have to leave somebody at home on gameday, and itā€™s stupid to buy 1-2 FSLā€™s when you know youā€™re going to need more tickets than that. I know my circumstances are in the minority, but itā€™s almost like this was not considered when the FSL plan was made.

I know my circumstances are in the minority, but it's almost like this was not considered when the FSL plan was made.

If by circumstances, you mean having a family, then I would imagine you are not in the minority.

Iā€™d have to buy 4. A grand a year is a lot to swing for the right to buy season tickets. On top of my bball season tickets. And buying 1 or 2 is stupid if you have more than that in your family.

This isnt as clear cut as some of you are making it out to be. And whats even more frustrating is that the answers seem to be smacking our leadership in the head, but they are looking the other way. But what else is new?

[QUOTE=casstommy;399129]If by circumstances, you mean having a family, then I would imagine you are not in the minority.[/QUOTE]

I meant by having to buy 6. Most families will not need more than 4. I have 4 season tickets for basketball, but have not had to buy a seat for my little one yet. And by the time we take the field Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ll have at least 1 more kid.

[QUOTE=casstommy;399129]This isnt as clear cut as some of you are making it out to be. And whats even more frustrating is that the answers seem to be smacking our leadership in the head, but they are looking the other way. But what else is new?[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I still want to know why they are REQUIRING anyone with 5+ FSL to donate a minimum of $1500 per year. They have to know that the only people buying that many are large families. What gives? Even if it was a group of folks who simply wanted to sit together, why require them to pony up the extra donation on top of the FSL monies? I thought the goal was to get people to buy the FSLā€™s, not to give them a reason not to.

P.S. Before anyone jumps on me, I never committed to buying FSLā€™s.

[QUOTE=X-49er;399126]And I know people have told me, ā€œX, buy 1, or buy 2 FSLā€™s if thatā€™s all you can affordā€ just to get one/some. Well thatā€™s all well and good until I have to leave somebody at home on gameday, and itā€™s stupid to buy 1-2 FSLā€™s when you know youā€™re going to need more tickets than that. I know my circumstances are in the minority, but itā€™s almost like this was not considered when the FSL plan was made.[/QUOTE]

So you are willing to watch this effort fail and not buy even 2? I am pretty sure my family will expand between now and 2013, but I put my 2 in and I will deal with the details later.

I would urge those of you that didnt to start setting $10, $20 or whatever aside when you can, in hopes that one day you will be able to buy in. Worst case scenario, you have a rainy day fund for the family.

I think most people are shocked how fast that money adds up. The next time you wanna buy a car, make car payments to a savings account for a year and then go buy. Nothing like walking in to the delaership with whatever youve got for your trade plus an extra $5k in your back pocket. It can be done on a modest salary. Just put off the new purchase for 12 months.

I am confused, if you canā€™t write a check for the annual payment canā€™t you put it on a credit card and pay it monthly? I can tell you that the Athletic Dept would have to staff up to process monthly payments. Going the route of taking $25 checks from thousands of people a month will up the costs of doing football.

[QUOTE=casstommy;399129]
And buying 1 or 2 is stupid if you have more than that in your family.
[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s not stupid. Especially if you are trying to help start a program.

My father went to NC State, and went in with his buddy and they got 2 seats together for football. My mom, sister and I went to several games growing up. We tailgated together before the game, then go to the game. We would sit in separate sections if we had to, but most of the time we found somewhere to sit together.

We do that for Pantherā€™s games now. My dad and I share PSLā€™s. He has a seat and I have the seat next to him. We get single game tickets to many games during the year for my mom and fiancee. My mom sits with my dad, and I sit with my fiancee.

[QUOTE=casstommy;399093]I didnt pledge for tickets, and the reason was simple. As a young proffesional with 1 kid and another due next wednesday, I didnt want to commit to anything that I wasnt sure I would be able to follow through on.

I hope they pull this out and figure out a way to make it a little more accessible to everyone.[/QUOTE]

My reasons are different, but my logic was the same. Unlike a lot of other students, I didnā€™t pledge because I had no job lined up after graduation, and still donā€™t outside of a PT internship. I didnā€™t want to pad the numbers because then it just sets us up for disappointment and makes us the laughing stock of the community. If I get a FT job over the summer, you can count me in for 2, but until my financial situation is secured, I canā€™t commit to anything unfortunately.

[QUOTE=Niner National;399154]My reasons are different, but my logic was the same. Unlike a lot of other students, I didnā€™t pledge because I had no job lined up after graduation, and still donā€™t outside of a PT internship. I didnā€™t want to pad the numbers because then it just sets us up for disappointment and makes us the laughing stock of the community. If I get a FT job over the summer, you can count me in for 2, but until my financial situation is secured, I canā€™t commit to anything unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I would ask that you and casstommy to buy 1 now. Its $250 and will show the admin your serious about more and that more could be sold with a more flexible payment plan. More seats can be bought later.

Plan C: rent out B of A stadium for home games until the original stadium is built. ex: the university of pittsburgh and the pittsburgh steelers both play at heinz field. i donā€™t know if both the franchise team and university put the money together to have it built in 2001, but i could see it as a possibility since bank of america is so close.

only issues i see is how much it will cost per game to have our home games there, (doubt the panthers organization would let us play for free) and i donā€™t know how/where they will sort out practice facilities, locker rooms, and coaches offices. but i look at it as leasing a store at a strip mall. you pay once a month (a game in our case) until you have the money to move your business elsewhere. i donā€™t know how much per game, iā€™m trying to research that now, but if it isnā€™t too expensive, it might be that we can have a season or two there until the money is saved up and the stadium we all want is finished.

[QUOTE=lkn9er;399157]Plan C: rent out B of A stadium for home games until the original stadium is built. ex: the university of pittsburgh and the pittsburgh steelers both play at heinz field. i donā€™t know if both the franchise team and university put the money together to have it built in 2001, but i could see it as a possibility since bank of america is so close.

only issues i see is how much it will cost per game to have our home games there, (doubt the panthers organization would let us play for free) and i donā€™t know how/where they will sort out practice facilities, locker rooms, and coaches offices. but i look at it as leasing a store at a strip mall. you pay once a month (a game in our case) until you have the money to move your business elsewhere. i donā€™t know how much per game, iā€™m trying to research that now, but if it isnā€™t too expensive, it might be that we can have a season or two there until the money is saved up and the stadium we all want is finished.[/QUOTE]

City of Pittburgh owns Heinz Field. The Richardson family owns BoA. Better to play at Memorial or Belk Track.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;399156]I would ask that you and casstommy to buy 1 now. Its $250 and will show the admin your serious about more and that more could be sold with a more flexible payment plan. More seats can be bought later.[/QUOTE]

would love to if the admins will let me live on campus for free when I canā€™t make rent next month.

[QUOTE=Niner National;399159]would love to if the admins will let me live on campus for free when I canā€™t make rent next month.[/QUOTE]

Did you pledge to buy an FSL? If not fine. If so did you lose your job recently?

Not aiming this directly at you NN but to everyone.

People who pledged and did not lose their jobs but STILL wonā€™t buy, ITS $250 PEOPLE. BUY 1 DAMN SEAT FOR GOODNESSā€™S SAKE! THERE WILL STILL BE MORE AVAILABLE LATER!!!