Players Leaving/Returning

We lose Butler and Trapp and maybe Young. In other words we are losing (2) 5th yr starters and maybe a all cusa 1st teamer.

And you want how many new transfers to magically get us back to the NCAA Tourney? If we only need one, I guarantee you that one transfer will be in the NBA the following year.

Just for giggles, is your 1 impact transfer a guard or big guy? My friend Luka Vasic wants to know.

I look forward to hearing about these 5th/6th yr sr transfers we have coming. Sanchez doesnā€™t have a for sale sign up in his front yard so I have faith that he has a plan.

I said if young comes back. If he doesnt, different story. I dont think losing trapp is a bad thing considering his impact in the locker room. Bring back young, aly, brice, bradwell, musa, berry off of redshirt and add at least 1 or 2 decent bigs and we are in businessā€¦granted, it will probably still be an underachieving business.

Itā€™s fairly obvious that ship has sailed. He probably wonā€™t get drafted, but heā€™s gone nonetheless. The goodbyes from the official account and his teammates are too final to suggest otherwise.

So we are back to almost a full rebuild, with the same overpaid coach who accomplished absolutely nothing in his first 4 seasons, but is somehow gonna create magic from the departure of his best player and more than half his scoring?

Sorry. Iā€™m not falling for the company line again. This situation sucks.

1 Like

I dont have high hopes for this upcoming season. But i think gaining Brice for Trapp next year is a net positive. One transfer to replace what Butler brought I donā€™t think is asking too much. If Young is gone that will be something tough to replace, but for any Bill Simmons fans out there maybe theres some Ewing theory potential there?

I believe Young is gone. After our last home game, he even says it was his last home gameā€¦

1 Like

Trapp had his wtf turnovers but on that team he was a top 4 player and losing him needs a quality replacement. Brice was fine but Iā€™ll wait to see how he plays again before I say heā€™s def a better player than Trapp. I remember Brice doing his own disappearing trick from game to game.

1 Like

If Young is gone i could see a third single digit win season in five years for Sanchez. I guess he could find a miracle in the portal but short of that happening no one on this team has shown the ability to come close to filling Youngā€™s shoes. I do not understand what Mike Hill is thinking. Heā€™s like Shallow Hal when it comes to Sanchez.

Young deserves success. If heā€™s gone - I wish him well. Canā€™t wait for Hill to use this as an excuse when Ron wins 3 games next season and gives him an extension. Canā€™t have your revenue sports be a dumpster fire and thatā€™s where weā€™re still at with basketball 17 years later. Fix basketball & everything else will work out. This isnā€™t rocket science.

2 Likes

Honestly, the only rationale I could accept for keeping Ron was keeping Jahmir. If Young is goneā€¦

Iā€™m not at all mad at Jahmir. Iā€™m thankful for everything he has given us.

But this situation tastes like turd stew. A meal Iā€™ve been asked to faithfully eat far too often by the AD over the past 17 years.

3 Likes

you live by the portal you die by the portal

When do we start living !

1 Like

Gents correct me if Iā€™m wrong but as of right now Jahmir is either going pro or coming back correct? Heā€™s not in the transfer portal so he canā€™t transfer until he is. Is that not correct? Is there special designation for players that declare for the draft and keep eligibility to NOT have to go into the portal?

Unless Thatā€™s the case I think there is a good possibility he comes back unless he gets a 2nd round promise from a team or gets an agent in his ear and decides to go pro somewhere at all costs.

If he wants to play in the NBA then his best bet is going to be work with team reps on what he needs to improve in his game and come back to charlotte where he is guaranteed playing time and then hit the draft as a better player with some contacts established.

If he transfers to another team he risks getting buried on the bench due to competition, lack of coach loyalty, etc. at charlotte he will play and he needs to play.

I think itā€™s based on how we are reading the tweets and replies. It appears as if he is done here regardless. Draft Europe g League or portal.

I would love to see him back. I just donā€™t see why he would come back.

Yupā€¦ depends on what kind of money he could make overseas. Why risk injury competing for the cusa middle of the pack no one cares award.

Lol. Isnā€™t the Normbulance one of those tweets, saying theyā€™ll missing seeing him in Halton?

2 Likes

Yup and he liked that one.

2 Likes

Or mine and @ghostofclt theories on Withers. But if Iā€™m being honest, I know itā€™s wishful thinking.

1 Like

3 Vasic posts in a row. I think Luka has entered your dream space.

1.) Young would not be buried on the bench on any college team 2.) He can enter the portal and the draft at the same time