Players Leaving/Returning

I say we start a GoFundMe fot NIL money for Withers :star_struck:

1 Like

Piece on Withers from January:

Itā€™s still very early in the transfer portal. Sanchez needs high level transfers to replace Butler, Trapp and maybe Young. AND thatā€™s just to break-even. Vasic is no joke our backup Center currently. By my count, Sanchez needs at least 4 high level transfers if we have any shot of just improving a little from where we ended last year. What a mess.

Just thinking about it all annoys me. Sanchezā€™s ass better be home to a colony of rabbits.

3 Likes

If young comes back and brice continues to improve and we land 1 impact transfer, we are more talented than last season but if we win 20, is that really a good season? Does that sjow actual progress?

Speaking of 20, I wonder if C-USA will go to a true round robin for the 2023-23 season.

The problem is given Rons track record with transfers not sure I can be too high about any he brings in. The talented ones seem to be the ones that are the headcases. The lesser ones are just glue guys we shouldnā€™t have to find in the portal but should be gone growing them.

Maybe Iā€™m saucy because the USMNT is busy defecating the bed, but no way man.

Cibik has it right. We are a good 4 high level players away from being any better than last year.

I have zero faith in Ron to get there. Zero.

Why are we 4 high level players away from being better if we only lose 1 good player?

We lose Butler and Trapp and maybe Young. In other words we are losing (2) 5th yr starters and maybe a all cusa 1st teamer.

And you want how many new transfers to magically get us back to the NCAA Tourney? If we only need one, I guarantee you that one transfer will be in the NBA the following year.

Just for giggles, is your 1 impact transfer a guard or big guy? My friend Luka Vasic wants to know.

I look forward to hearing about these 5th/6th yr sr transfers we have coming. Sanchez doesnā€™t have a for sale sign up in his front yard so I have faith that he has a plan.

I said if young comes back. If he doesnt, different story. I dont think losing trapp is a bad thing considering his impact in the locker room. Bring back young, aly, brice, bradwell, musa, berry off of redshirt and add at least 1 or 2 decent bigs and we are in businessā€¦granted, it will probably still be an underachieving business.

Itā€™s fairly obvious that ship has sailed. He probably wonā€™t get drafted, but heā€™s gone nonetheless. The goodbyes from the official account and his teammates are too final to suggest otherwise.

So we are back to almost a full rebuild, with the same overpaid coach who accomplished absolutely nothing in his first 4 seasons, but is somehow gonna create magic from the departure of his best player and more than half his scoring?

Sorry. Iā€™m not falling for the company line again. This situation sucks.

1 Like

I dont have high hopes for this upcoming season. But i think gaining Brice for Trapp next year is a net positive. One transfer to replace what Butler brought I donā€™t think is asking too much. If Young is gone that will be something tough to replace, but for any Bill Simmons fans out there maybe theres some Ewing theory potential there?

I believe Young is gone. After our last home game, he even says it was his last home gameā€¦

1 Like

Trapp had his wtf turnovers but on that team he was a top 4 player and losing him needs a quality replacement. Brice was fine but Iā€™ll wait to see how he plays again before I say heā€™s def a better player than Trapp. I remember Brice doing his own disappearing trick from game to game.

1 Like

If Young is gone i could see a third single digit win season in five years for Sanchez. I guess he could find a miracle in the portal but short of that happening no one on this team has shown the ability to come close to filling Youngā€™s shoes. I do not understand what Mike Hill is thinking. Heā€™s like Shallow Hal when it comes to Sanchez.

Young deserves success. If heā€™s gone - I wish him well. Canā€™t wait for Hill to use this as an excuse when Ron wins 3 games next season and gives him an extension. Canā€™t have your revenue sports be a dumpster fire and thatā€™s where weā€™re still at with basketball 17 years later. Fix basketball & everything else will work out. This isnā€™t rocket science.

2 Likes

Honestly, the only rationale I could accept for keeping Ron was keeping Jahmir. If Young is goneā€¦

Iā€™m not at all mad at Jahmir. Iā€™m thankful for everything he has given us.

But this situation tastes like turd stew. A meal Iā€™ve been asked to faithfully eat far too often by the AD over the past 17 years.

3 Likes

you live by the portal you die by the portal

When do we start living !

1 Like