Players Leaving/Returning

Looks like we’re almost back to a total rebuild again. Hope Kahlifa returns

1 Like

Guys declare for the draft all the time, just to get valuable advice from scouts. Then they come back and play for their college team again. It’s become pretty routine, and we’ve had several players do it. The difference here is that Jahmir is talking like his career at Charlotte is done. I think there’s almost zero chance he gets drafted. And I’m pretty sure no matter how confident he is in his skillset, he probably knows this too. So I think realistically, the two scenarios that may play out are either; go directly overseas and make a great career out of it, or, transfer to a high level P5 school that is poised for a tourney run. I feel like too many people think he is going to get drafted, or return here. IMHO neither of those scenarios have much of a chance of happening.

2 Likes

I agree. I think he is done and with that I can’t see how Ron stays out of the coaching carousel thread next year.

1 Like

I’m do over this BS basketball program, I cant even make myself care right now and thats do dad.
I live for Niners Basketball and baseball.

Mediocre basketball with your best player leaving - its hard to care. I am with you though of all our sports basketball is the only one that I REALLY want to win in.

1 Like

Ron will have us top 100 next year without Young. Imagine what Vasic could do with 10 more shot attempts per game.

Well now we know why we are recruiting every guard in the country.

1 Like

Garcia in the portal

https://verbalcommits.com/players/jared-garcia

1 Like

I think we all saw this one coming. I wish him the best.

5 Likes

fight club quote GIF

I do hope Jahmir comes back, but If he does not, I still believe we will have a good year.
There are players on the team that played their role but, can do more. If Jahmir is not there it will allow other players role to expand. One player cannot replace Jahmir, it will be a team effort.

We lose about 45 points a game. We averaged 70. Braswell And Aly will take a step up and Brice comes back but it’s a monumental task to replace that point production and this offense isn’t exactly a set the world on fire offense and the D apparently takes a 3/4 the season to learn - not that we ever seemed to learn it.

2 Likes

Tonight Show Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

imagegif_0(6)

I assume Trapp, graduating, is in the 45 points per game number. I would argue that most games Trapp was occupying space, other games he was the difference factor. Could never figure him out. I think overall we will be better with anyone else filling his spot.

3 Likes

See that one time Hilltopper Jordan Rawls is going full circle and transferring back to WKU from Georgia State.

Yeah, we could be staring at what is a cluster of a season. If I believed in the system and staff, it would be one thing. However I don’t.

1 Like

clt says it will come down to withers or not…

Is Withers in the portal or are you just jiving?

clt is optimistic, that is all