Players Leaving/Returning

Gents correct me if Iā€™m wrong but as of right now Jahmir is either going pro or coming back correct? Heā€™s not in the transfer portal so he canā€™t transfer until he is. Is that not correct? Is there special designation for players that declare for the draft and keep eligibility to NOT have to go into the portal?

Unless Thatā€™s the case I think there is a good possibility he comes back unless he gets a 2nd round promise from a team or gets an agent in his ear and decides to go pro somewhere at all costs.

If he wants to play in the NBA then his best bet is going to be work with team reps on what he needs to improve in his game and come back to charlotte where he is guaranteed playing time and then hit the draft as a better player with some contacts established.

If he transfers to another team he risks getting buried on the bench due to competition, lack of coach loyalty, etc. at charlotte he will play and he needs to play.

I think itā€™s based on how we are reading the tweets and replies. It appears as if he is done here regardless. Draft Europe g League or portal.

I would love to see him back. I just donā€™t see why he would come back.

Yupā€¦ depends on what kind of money he could make overseas. Why risk injury competing for the cusa middle of the pack no one cares award.

Lol. Isnā€™t the Normbulance one of those tweets, saying theyā€™ll missing seeing him in Halton?

2 Likes

Yup and he liked that one.

2 Likes

Or mine and @ghostofclt theories on Withers. But if Iā€™m being honest, I know itā€™s wishful thinking.

1 Like

3 Vasic posts in a row. I think Luka has entered your dream space.

1.) Young would not be buried on the bench on any college team 2.) He can enter the portal and the draft at the same time

1 Like

My point being he has not entered the portal yet. If his secondary goal was transferring he would have done that already.

I think you underestimate the risk of being outplayed by an incumbent or highly ranked freshman at a P5 school.

I think heā€™s either going pro no matter what and where or heā€™s coming back here.

1 Like

If a miracle happened and we got Withers, Jahmir would be smart to give it one more try.
Heā€™s loved here and Iā€™m sure some $ could be found somewhere to make it worth his while.

I gather that many think if Withers transfers here then whatever it was that led to his ā€œsophomore slumpā€ will be reversed as a Niner. Those were fairly dramatic drop-offs when compared to his freshman stats.

Withers isnā€™t coming here having to compete for PT with Vasic.

1 Like

He wouldnt be. He would start next to aly. You also have to consider what a wreck UL was this season. Mack lost control of the locker room, they had no double figure scorers.

No denying that UofL was a trainwreck. See that Kenny Payne has already gotten some key players to stick with the program.

Ur killin me
Eddie Murphy Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Exactly. Thatā€™s why GarcĆ­a entered the portal. Competing with the Vasic for minutes is fighting a losing battle.

1 Like

Tell meā€¦who in their right mindsā€¦would take this job?

1 Like

Why on earth would Withers consider playing at Charlotte. You guys are delusional.

You donā€™t have faith in Sanchez?