Players Leaving/Returning

Most of this is untrue. Bobby’s words to me when I asked him (somewhat jokingly) to come back less than one month ago was “it’s up to them”. He was referring to our administration.

Lutz could have left for South Alabama and he didn’t. He wanted to be at Charlotte.

Wow. Still?

I’m surprised the Pole Vault thread isn’t back on top with a completely irrelevant Lutz reference… This place is exhausting sometimes.

As I recall, Lutz was all set to take the South Alabama job, but there was a last minute incident there that changed his mind. But for that, he’d have been gone. More that than loyalty to Charlotte. Of course, the argument could certainly be made that given his relationship with CHP, there was no reason to be loyal.

1 Like

If you wife/girlfriend flirts with a deuce, are you happy that she doesn’t leave you?

Will be interesting to see which players attend the presser today, I remember Woods skipped out last time. Dorn came and still later decided to transfer out.

Different administration though.

It is, I’m still interested in who comes to the presser though.

Dumb comparison. I’m loyal to my employer but if another company offers me a job I consider the opportunity.

I think some of Lutz to South Alabama not happening was the look/ perception of Lutz and his accomplishments here ( NCAA bids, wins ,etc.) taking a lower level HC position at an inferior program ( at the time). Judy was publically saying " let him go" but it was a bad look all around for all the parties involved.

1 Like

While we have players that I would like to have stay, this is the team that got us to 6-23 this season so I am not going to worry about this at all. The assistants Sanchez hires will probably have a lot more to do with our success in the next two years than player turnover.

My main concern with players returning is sheer numbers. I don’t want The Sanchize having to fill too many holes with little time to do it. If we consider one serb, maybe 2 of the 3 commits, maybe another 1 or 2, that means 5 openings plus the one open we already had? That is a lot of kids to find relatively quickly.

JD, Andrien and Garvin all staying per David Scott. Per 2k whole team was at the presser today.

2 Likes

Interesting news. Will be neat to see what Sanchize can do with them.

That is very encouraging, won his first recruiting battle if this is true.

Murphy certainly staying as well.

Can probably add Murphy and Harlem to the staying list unless either wants to drop to d2.

I can see Thomas leaving either.

The Serbs would be the greatest risks imo.

Andrien declaring for NBA draft.

Did not hire an agent, so will probably return to school is my bet