Players Leaving/Returning

John Gullickson was MLB pitcher Bill Gullicksonā€™s younger brother. Bill won a lot of games in the '80s and '90s.

Per David Scott, Dravon Mangum is transferring. I donā€™t think anyone is surprised at this one. He was recruited by the Price staff, and his playing time was pretty spotty this year. Good luck to him. He played hard and definitely has talent. I hope heā€™s successful at his next stop.

4 Likes

That frees up two spots and hopes that is all for the year. We always expect a couple, but the past several it has seemed like the whole team leaves so two would be good. This gives us a couple of spots for grad transfer, another incoming freshman, or keeping at least one for 2021 since we should have a normal squad next year for the first time in what seems like years.

Saddens me.
But we move on.

I am happy. We have a huge class of possibly better players coming in alreadyā€¦and now can add 2 more!

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I feel. Mangum has a lot of upside but he wasent willing to stick it out and I think sanchez can land better players. I wish mangum the best

I think it is sometimes a two way street where there is a discussion about it helping both sides if someone transfers. I hope that is the case versus one wanting to leave and the other wanting them to stay or vice versa. He will be a good player so sitting out a year will help him get stronger.

Too bad. He had the size. I think he could be a good 6-8 guy his junior/senior season. Of course he wants 1-5 guy minutes.

Really liked his upside, so very sad to see Mangum go, but looking forward to seeing who they bring in.

I guess I am in the minority, but I didnt like Mangums attitude at all, and am glad he will try something new. I wish him nothing but the best, but he didnt seem to want to be here, or hussel at all.

1 Like

Agree Buster. Hope he enjoys his time elsewhere.

It makes sense for us to add a grad transfer for at least one of these spots but does it really make sense for a grad transfer to come here? I hope we can find one who just wants to be here but they will basically be signing up for the second year of a major rebuilding. Seems like most of the good ones go to a high major where they have a good chance of winning immediately. If we canā€™t get an experienced player hopefully we can add another good freshman who can contribute right away. Either way good luck to Mangum & McGill. Hopefully they find a home that feels like a better fit for them. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing who we can pick up to fill the open spots.

In another ex-Ninerā€™s final collegiate game, Torin Dorn had a team and career high 34 points in the Packā€™s 94-93 loss to Lipscomb in the NIT quarterfinals.

He will, unfortunately, remember that last turnoverā€¦

1 Like

I have, fortunately, forgotten all about him.

1 Like

we donā€™t need another G. we need for zion william
son to change his mind about the damned NBA and transfer here because he thinks so much of the pack line.

Certainly donā€™t expect Murphy to return to Charlotte. Just posted that as an FYI about a former Niner.

That might be two staffs now that have pushed Murphy out.

Iā€™ve heard some weird things about Murphy off the court. Certainly an up and coming player though!