Players Leaving/Returning

Everyone’s defense has to be better to see the floor, lol

2 Likes

Agreed, Luka was one of the only ones who appeared to give effort on that side as well. He will be fine.

FYI

How did I miss woods going to osu?

He played one season at the University of Charlotte, where he played for former Ohio State assistant Alan Major, and led Conference USA in three-point shooting

clt likes the sound of that

1 Like

I missed it but I know why. I don’t give a damn.

2 Likes

Knew that would catch some eyes!

When and why was Bryant Thomas kicked off team?

Same time as Garvin, all we know is that he did not meet “team expectations”

Regarding Keyshawn Woods, this could be a great Niner Trivia question: Name a player that has played against the Niners on two different teams.

I do not know if there has been another. Andy Kennedy coached against us at UAB and Cincinnati, but he is the closest thing I can think of. This puzzler is probably a good one for @run49er.

EDIT: Nevermind. In my head I thought it said OK State, who we do play, not OH State. Still, an interesting trivia question.

Terrence Thompson also played for us then went to Marshall and we played them last year at Wake Forest along with Woods.

I dont remember at Terrance Thompson. Man we have had lots of turnover

Was a walk-on under Major, went JUCO then Marshall then WFU.

Dang even Major’s walk ons had legit talent

Saturday opponent Oklahoma State PG Mike Cunningham faced us previously as a member of the USC Upstate team.

Basketball coach Andy Kennedy also faced us as a player as a UAB Blazer.

Then there was John Gullickson - began as a freshman at Davidson, then transferred to UNCC and played two seasons as a 49er. My recollection is he also played baseball. Was thinking he’s related to a more well known sports figure - either retired MLB pitcher Bill Gullickson or tennis pro twins Tim and Tom Gullickson.

I knew @run49er wouldn’t fail me! :+1:

Final collegiate game for Woods as #11 Ohio State loses to #3 Houston 74-59 in Tulsa: 10 pts, 3 rebs, 4 assts, and 1 technical.

Bleep him.

1 Like

Majors last team had talent on coaching staff and especially on the team.

They hid that talent quite well while here.

1 Like