Point about Money

Bank of America is contracted for $7 million a year for the naming rights for BofA stadium until 2024. Add in any other advertising, and figure between $7 and $10 million a year for the Panthers. From one company. Now tell me we can’t get $5 million a year for football.

I know that we would not be NFL level, but with some A+ fund raising in a city with 5+ Fortune 500 companies headquartered here, it would be a piece of cake.

Im so sick of the excuses.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;196036]Im so sick of the excuses.[/QUOTE]

Then you should start pulling for another school. Our school is full of excuses!

It’s worse than that. Charlotte has 9 Fortune 500 HQs, and the Chairman/CEO of the second largest, Lowes, is an UNC Charlotte grad.

It's worse than that. Charlotte has 9 Fortune 500 HQs, and the Chairman/CEO of the second largest, Lowes, is an UNC Charlotte grad.

I ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer…

but if I were the CFI…It’d be our PRIORITY to attempt to meet this cat and try to get him on board…at least on some level.

Just a thought.

That is probably a fantastic idea.

It's worse than that. Charlotte has 9 Fortune 500 HQs, and the Chairman/CEO of the second largest, Lowes, is an UNC Charlotte grad.

Hauser, the CFO of Duke Energy, is a UNC Charlotte grad… MBA, I think.

Our movement needs to get bigger, and more people need to be on board, before someone that high up even considers meeting us

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;196060]Hauser, the CFO of Duke Energy, is a UNC Charlotte grad… MBA, I think.[/QUOTE]

He’s already given a large amount of money, just not to athletics.

Mr. Robert A. Niblock
President
Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
P.O. Box 1111 (CON8)
N. Wilkesboro, NC 28656-0001

^^ I think you are wrong. At the stage it is at now, include a letter detailing all of the press its recieved. If you could get ONE of these guys on board just as a supporter, not money or anyhting, itd go more ways than 1000 of us, because they will get it in the press if they want.

Don’t send anything to that address, it’s outdated. The Lowe’s HQ is in Mooresville now.

The HQ is at:

1000 Lowe’s Boulevard
Mooresville, NC 28117

I don’t advise sending anything yet, your CFI is still in the infancy stages.

Well It might not be a bad idea to contact them to let them know about the movement, however, any ideas about getting money from them should be dumped for now. Unless of course they offer…

Mr. Robert A. Niblock President Lowe’s Companies, Inc. P.O. Box 1111 (CON8) N. Wilkesboro, NC 28656-0001

^^ I think you are wrong. At the stage it is at now, include a letter detailing all of the press its recieved. If you could get ONE of these guys on board just as a supporter, not money or anything, it’d go more ways than 1000 of us, because they will get it in the press if they want.

That’s not a bad thought. See if you can get a letter back from him regarding Charlotte football, but don’t outwardly solicit money.

I honestly think at this point in the game, it would be pointless to ask for money. But if he would get on board, and start asking questions, he has a lot more bargaining power with the administration than we do. And if he was truly interested, and Judy says we dont have money blah blah, he could say I know 5 companies right now willing to donate $1 mill a year a piece, now, lets talk serious about this.

ONE PERSON could definately tip the scales.

I have an amazing “in” with lowes. Let me handle this.

If that “in” is playing golf or drinking ****tails with the CEO, that would be greaaaat.

What is it?

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;196080]If that “in” is playing golf or drinking ****tails with the CEO, that would be greaaaat.

What is it?[/QUOTE]
ID, if that “in” is playing golf and drinking, I think you may need my assistance… :shades:

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;196066]If you could get ONE of these guys on board just as a supporter, not money or anyhting, itd go more ways than 1000 of us, because they will get it in the press if they want.[/QUOTE]

QTF. This may be the single greatest statement I’ve ever read concerning the subject of Charlotte 49ers football.

The Athletic Dept will have no choice but to drop the concept of fantasy, if the business community is discussing 49ers football.

I honestly think at this point in the game, it would be pointless to ask for money. But if he would get on board, and start asking questions, he has a lot more bargaining power with the administration than we do. And if he was truly interested, and Judy says we dont have money blah blah, he could say I know 5 companies right now willing to donate $1 mill a year a piece, now, lets talk serious about this.

ONE PERSON could definately tip the scales.

DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner Bob!

The Truth Revolution fully endorses this post due to it’s heavily concentrated amount of Truth.

i personally know the founder of Lowe’s son-in-law.

From the Charlotte Observer: [URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/15912871.htm]http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/15912871.htm[/URL]

[B]Wachovia continues UVA sponsorship[/B]

[B]RICK ROTHACKER[/B]

[B][U][COLOR=#0000ff]rrothacker@charlotteobserver.com[/COLOR][/U][/B]

Wachovia Corp. will remain a sponsor of the University of Virginia athletics department through the 2012-2013 academic year. The seven-year agreement announced this week includes placing the Charlotte bank’s brand on the school’s new John Paul Jones Arena.
The pact extends a 2003 agreement that made Wachovia the “exclusive financial services partner” of Virginia athletics. Terms were not disclosed.
Wachovia last year became the first corporate sponsor to hang permanent signs inside UNC Chapel Hill’s Dean E. Smith Center.